The Official Unofficial Chip Hoard Showcase Thread of PCF! (2 Viewers)

Just the cash sets

IMG_5470.JPG

Most of Everything

IMG_3339.JPG

Desert Sands Xmas Tree

P1000853.JPG

Paulson Arrow

P1030527.JPG

Paulson Pyramind (before)

IMG_4047.JPG

12x12 Base

IMG_4049.JPG

Paulson Pyramid (mid construction)

IMG_4053.JPG

Completed PPP (Paulson Pyramid of Power)

IMG_4057.JPG

Just the racks

IMG_4062.JPG
Lol I have some serious catching up to do!

One more thought. . .

A rack of used chips like Outpost $1s or Garden City $1s is about as tall as a stack of 19 mint chips. Vintage chips from 75-100 years ago are even thinner, (not worn down, just made thinner). European chips are slippery little devils that border on unstackable and are often of various diameters.

Bottom line - making a grand pyramid is an engineering task that could prove daunting, perhaps impossible, unless you are working with only Paulson chips in reasonably good shape.

DrStrange

I fear there is a great underappreciation for how long it takes to unpack all of a hoard, stage pictures and then put it back in storage. Great pictures could be forthcoming, but the grandest hordes just aren't going to be worth the effort....

I think Moose is likely to remain unchallenged.

Not going to get pictures from me for sure. If I still had kids at home . . . . maybe it could have been a family project. But doing it alone is daunting. I still have plenty of stuff never posted as sets. That is enough work

DrStrange

This was the hoard (mini-hoard really) circa 2013. Well over half of these chips have moved on to other chippers, but the hoard itself has grown much, much larger. I'll be getting the current inventory out for a photo shoot soon and post ITT.

hoard-2013.jpg
Nice!! Can't wait to see the "much much larger" inventory if you consider this to be "mini"...

This was the hoard (mini-hoard really) circa 2013. Well over half of these chips have moved on to other chippers, but the hoard itself has grown much, much larger. I'll be getting the current inventory out for a photo shoot soon and post ITT.

hoard-2013.jpg
Oh man you have my Mardi Gras cash set. Nice haul you got there.

Dunno who you are, but welcome to PCF!

Can we get a list of what's all on that table? I can pick out a bunch of 'em, but not all....

Dunno who you are, but welcome to PCF!

Can we get a list of what's all on that table? I can pick out a bunch of 'em, but not all....

Thanks! I have a whole archive of photos of the chips in that pic. Should I put them in a Gallery listing or create a thread under Pr0n. It's a sh.. I mean, a ton of pics.

I also just started a thread with a few of my "Entertainment" themed sets - TV, Movies & Music.

I'd add them to the Gallery and post a link in your upcoming 'PCF Introductions' thread. :)

Thanks! I have a whole archive of photos of the chips in that pic. Should I put them in a Gallery listing or create a thread under Pr0n. It's a sh.. I mean, a ton of pics.

I also just started a thread with a few of my "Entertainment" themed sets - TV, Movies & Music.

First, create albums in your profile. Then anytime we want to look at your chips, we know where they are. You can also add media.

Can't wait to see what you have... Welcome to the family.

I'd add them to the Gallery and post a link in your upcoming 'PCF Introductions' thread. :)

Cool. I'm new to PCF. An old collector buddy told me about ChipTalk back in 07 or 08 and I was pretty active for a while but I had to put the brake on collecting for a while and wound up going dark for a few years. When finally got around to logged on to CT, it was clear that everyone had migrated over here.

I'm definitely gonna need some help learning the ropes on this site so thanks for the advice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom