The official relabel/gear is awesome pron thread (1 Viewer)

I don't think I’ve posted the Cherry Hills tourney set yet...

063AE8BD-9FD0-4B28-A4C4-7705CCA6CAFF.jpeg
8A7F5CA1-9C67-432E-82DA-10F66EB3F290.jpeg
FD0351AE-0C80-4199-A3F0-3C41F2C6F804.jpeg

are the horseshoe $100s labeled over or label replacements? I heard it’s difficult to remove these labels in particular and was wondering if it would just take a label on top without making spinners.
They are all full inlay replacements. I'd put them in the Easy category for inlay removal - they didn't really put up much of a fight.

I suppose I could ask Gear this question but I will put it to the forum first. Has anyone had Gear do up a colour matching label to make it appear as a hot stamp? I am assuming gold for the stamp and the rest of the inlay to match the colour of the chip? I have some roulettes I want to mill and relabel and was thinking of a hot stamp look.

I suppose I could ask Gear this question but I will put it to the forum first. Has anyone had Gear do up a colour matching label to make it appear as a hot stamp? I am assuming gold for the stamp and the rest of the inlay to match the colour of the chip? I have some roulettes I want to mill and relabel and was thinking of a hot stamp look.
I will say that some colors can't be printed exactly. So for instance, if you were color matching Day Green, it can't be printed to match the chip so exactly that it is indistinguishable from the clay. So it might depend on what base colors your chips are going to be.

Yes! Gear created in the past many many colour matched faux shaped labels. But it depends on the base colour like @markleteenie said.

IMG_20200128_230056.jpg

Matching the base color of a chip is step 1, which as others have said depends on the chip. Most colors can be matched, but fluorescents are not possible (e.g. Blaze Orange, Arc Yellow, Hot Pink, etc.)

Step 2 is the faux hotstamp, which is basically not possible to replicate the look of foil. You can print a static gold-ish color, or maybe add a gradient to give it a metallic effect, but that doesn't work very well on text (i.e. thin things) and just ends up looking like sh*tty printing.

TL;DR -- faux hotstamps via labels aren't a thing

With the arrival of my gear laminated 500 jack labels, my jack set is now complete. I turned BTP 500s into jack 500s and now the set is ready for play.... thanks again @Gear.

Attachments

• 6C04FAF0-42CB-4E4A-B499-7224A28179FF.jpeg
    6C04FAF0-42CB-4E4A-B499-7224A28179FF.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 95

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom