The Official ORHC aka FAT HAT Pr0n Thread (1 Viewer)

markleteenie

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Browsing chipguide and I noticed the ORHC mold filter option. It's what I've always heard referred to unofficially as "Fat Hat & Cane." I assume ORHC means "Oversize Reverse Hat & Cane." I don't know if that's the official name or just their internal designation, but it makes sense. But FAT HAT is also fun!

I love seeing the individual finds posted, but let's get them all in one place!

I'll start it out with one that @teeniemarkle owns:
CDBC9F76-2783-4A8E-B1C8-56448FBC096E.jpeg

Last edited:
Ms. @FordPickup92 was lucky enough to actually win a bid on eBay for a couple of new Fat Hats for the collection. The Horseshoe Tunica 5 (hot pink) and the Gold Strike 25 (white) I figure it has been a while since we took a large chip family photo. ** not all of these are Fat Hats, the top row are BCC's, but they are all 46mm and up!
20210416_085504.jpg

But the bottom 2 rows and the rack are all Fat Hats! Thought I would bump an older thread and see if anyone has had any luck finding the Big Boys!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Ms. @FordPickup92 was lucky enough to actually win a bid on eBay for a couple of new Fat Hats for the collection. The Horseshoe Tunica 5 (hot pink) and the Gold Strike 25 (white) I figure it has been a while since we took a large chip family photo. ** not all of these are Fat Hats, the top row are BCC's, but they are all 46mm and up!
View attachment 678739
But the bottom 2 rows and the rack are all Fat Hats! Thought I would bump an older thread and see if anyone has had any luck finding the Big Boys!

Fellow Chipper Ben
@moechar ;)

Picking up from the Jack Cincy Sale thread, I’m working on a way to overlabel the Cincy Fat Hats as bounty/seating chips.

This presents a big challenge in that the inlay runs over the innermost (flat) ring, then bumps up to the outer textured area with the Fat Hats.

Specifically, the suits icons bleed over this edge.

Below is my first attempt, and then the latest iteration.

90825BB4-185B-42D8-B168-3E623CF7F880.jpeg
E9B905B6-284E-4BB0-B55C-1577F2F6D662.jpeg

Notes:

1) I’m using a 1-1/8” hand punch to make these from full sheet waterproof vinyl. The diameter is pretty much perfect.

2) It seems problematic to have these commercially printed with pre-cut labels, which would normally by my preference, because the overlapping suits icons do not fall in the same place every time in relation to the raised area. So before applying each label, I have to scrutinize each side of each chip, and attempt to cut then place it very carefully to achieve the illusion of a smooth transition.

3) I preferred the first concept (I hadn’t nailed the bleed-into-base color yet)… But with hand-punched labels you tend to get a white edge. So I’m trying out the white ring on the label to hide that. (I could hand-color the edge with green permanent marker, but this is already fussy enough.)

1) I’m using a 1-1/8” hand punch to make these from full sheet waterproof vinyl. The diameter is pretty much perfect.

2) It seems problematic to have these commercially printed with pre-cut labels, which would normally by my preference, because the overlapping suits icons do not fall in the same place every time in relation to the raised area. So before applying each label, I have to scrutinize each side of each chip, and attempt to cut then place it very carefully to achieve the illusion of a smooth transition.

3) I preferred the first concept (I hadn’t nailed the bleed-into-base color yet)… But with hand-punched labels you tend to get a white edge. So I’m trying out the white ring on the label to hide that. (I could hand-color the edge with green permanent marker, but this is already fussy enough.)

Wow.. seems like a lot of work, especially to align the face of the chip. The white labels look great, yeah the color labels with the white edge seems too distracting. Can you print on color labels? Not sure if that will work.

A few more fat hats, as I recently went through my pics and tagged my oversized chipes.

48881933323_f58d4a1d9a_z.jpg

48882445941_047613001d_z.jpg

51009878602_a9d502a7d8_z.jpg

Wow.. seems like a lot of work, especially to align the face of the chip. The white labels look great, yeah the color labels with the white edge seems too distracting. Can you print on color labels? Not sure if that will work.

A few more fat hats, as I recently went through my pics and tagged my oversized chipes.

That WSOP Buyin Chip!!!

OMG that Yellow Rio WSOP buy in has to be the purdiest Fat Hat ever! Wow man!!

Unfortunately I parted ways with the Palms Buy Ins except a sample of each.

Lets Bring the ole Fat Hat thread back to life!
20210702_154508.jpg

Anybody else finding any new monster poker chips??

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom