The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (76 Viewers)

Yellow is hard! They look excellent and I’m happy to have helped even a tiny bit!
I figured it was a tricky color. I used three or four different versions when mocking these up and finally settled on yours after the success I had using them in my Devil's Nest set. Yours was the only one that was close in all my test prints. I figured it was up to the whim of the printing gods at that point.

I actually like the color as it has a little something that makes it a bit of a gold color versus CPC yellow. It works quite well as an anniversary coloring.

After a week on vacation, I come home to a couple goodies I knew had arrived at my office the day I left. :rolleyes:

View attachment 941452

The fantastic TR King decals from @TRKingChips 's auction and a couple boxes from CPC.

View attachment 941453

My terribly overdue anniversary chips for my Arizona Club set, with the proof posting as a backdrop.

I'm quite happy with how these turned out. I was worried about the visibility of the patterned "watermark" on the black background, but it's the perfect subtle pattern that's on the regular chips. I used @timinater 's CPC color codes for the color of the lizard here, and it's better than anything I could have come up with, but is a hint darker than the actual clay color. Not a complaint because it's a subtle difference and is only really noticeable in brighter light.

They will get a rinse, oiling and blending with the rest of the ones in the set, hopefully soon. Proper pics will come after that.
I feel like the yellow is an even better, deeper color than the old ASM and even the CPC add ons I did in 2018. I'm curious to see if you feel the same. It might just be from the old set having so much play on them.

I actually started cleaning my old chips along with my new while I got to oiling the add ons.

I feel like the yellow is an even better, deeper color than the old ASM and even the CPC add ons I did in 2018. I'm curious to see if you feel the same. It might just be from the old set having so much play on them.

I actually started cleaning my old chips along with my new while I got to oiling the add ons.
They haven't met their predecessors yet. I brought the boxes to work so I can handle and inspect them, but that's as far as I have gone with them.

I did check the originals against a two year old color sample set and saw the colors were as close to identical as my eyes could tell. The originals don't have a ton of play on them despite their age (maybe a downfall of rotating half a dozen sets??). I'll be curious to see how they look once mixed together.

The colors outside of the DG are practically identical from my 2008's, as they were in my 2018 add on. The DG colors are MILES ahead of what ASM had done. I am in the process of scrubbing my entire original set and re oiling just to see the difference or the similarities of off the line delivery. Obviously this many years of play will have some effect.

Oooooooooof! Thanks so much @mattross1313 for making this design a reality!

IMG_20220523_221227.jpg

IMG_20220701_111710.jpg

Last edited:
Small little mail day for me yesterday….thanks @fishsaybloop for offering up these great novelty chips, all the way from Singapore
7C915F90-54D1-45D4-8FDE-2B85A1C57EDE.jpeg

I was hoping to get more BTP Bounties for my 2 table setup. I’ve always loved the word “BUSTO” on these.

Now I’ve got enough for a full 2 table game. Thanks again, Clarence.
D1ADD133-8F56-4D2D-AAF9-D7F7B2A227AE.jpeg

Received a couple boxes of Bud Jones roulette chips. Just did a quick flip through and semi organization.

I was reminded of a few things: always ask for a breakdown if OCD about barrels/racks (1 blue especially), Don't make assumptions, Don't test a cracked chip, it might be #20. Racks don't survive USPS well.

Attachments

• IMG_20220701_125203229.jpg
    IMG_20220701_125203229.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_20220701_125221578.jpg
    IMG_20220701_125221578.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Received a couple boxes of Bud Jones roulette chips. Just did a quick flip through and semi organization.

I was reminded of a few things: always ask for a breakdown if OCD about barrels/racks (1 blue especially), Don't make assumptions, Don't test a cracked chip, it might be #20. Racks don't survive USPS well.
While true, that should always be provided anyway.
Full $350 refund was sent for the missing blue chip. Racks were the 500 for $1 kind, I posted that I was sending in racks as I was out of warneckes.

Should have been much more explicit in my post, hence the free chips.

Have an amazing weekend everyone!

I have only the vaguest recollection of these, and it feels like a long time ago.
Was I drinking? That doesn’t sound like me.
Seriously, did I buy these, did I win these, what happened?
View attachment 932075

Same here. I forgot all about it and they showed up same day as my last hosted game. I had fun throwing them at my buddy when he'd win a pot off me.

Yesterday was a mail day for me that's been in the works since before PCF existed. A little while ago, I posted my rack of Rainbow Club $20s in the one of a kind rack thread, since I hadn't seen another before. In what must be record time, @TheB00T posted his rack of Rainbow Club $20s. I joked about my plan working, but little did I realize that things would actually work out better than my fictional plan. We started chatting, and it turns out that he had some Monterey Club chips available to trade for Rainbow Club chips. When I started collecting Monterey Club chips 10 years ago, it wasn't uncommon to find mixed lots of Monterey and Rainbow Club chips, so I had some to trade. The chips he had available to trade sounded familiar, and once he mentioned his old handle on ChipTalk I was able to look through old emails and see that we had talked about trading these chips over eight years ago! Life got busy for both of us, and the conversation dropped off for reasons unrelated to the trade itself. Over eight years later we resumed the conversation on a new forum and completed the trade!

Almost 8.5 years to the day later, I've added these wonderful chips to my collection. Thanks @TheB00T!

IMG_5461.JPG

IMG_5462.JPG

IMG_5463.JPG

Stellar mail day today. I picked these first chips up through an estate sale base on a blurry picture. They turned out to be great Palmas Club HHR chips:

CCAB231B-ACE1-401C-8FDC-7F08C6A00387.jpeg
D13EBFB0-C9E3-4F0B-BC87-481D4C24BADE.jpeg

Next, the work on my THC hot stamp set continues. I have to say, pictures don’t do the Macon County’s justice. Excited to add the Foxy’s to the lineup as well.
2C30D46A-FAAD-4195-BDF3-CA89FE4EFDF6.jpeg
5E74462C-5318-44B2-BABF-2E83117B3EC1.jpeg

7483473B-ABCE-49BF-8D31-9AAE5D64D0A8.jpeg

Finally, no @BamaT8ter mail post would be complete without some Four Queens.
F7A65E4A-C3FD-4360-8A1B-D500846B4820.jpeg

Last edited:
Was wondering about a few chips that had been sent my way, and somehow I threw an unopened SFRB into recycle. (Thank goodness I reuse the shit out of cardboard, or I’d have tossed some great stuff)

Special thanks also to @horseshoez for being an ace shipper. I’m a pretty bad recipient, that’s for sure. Who doesn’t open the boxes they receive?? Wowzers!

First, received these Rounders DBs from @Potsie1 ! Wow! These things are rad!
image.jpg

Also, thanks to @greenchip for hooking up a single Jack Cinci $500 to help finish off a sample set.
image.jpg

Here is the completed sample …
image.jpg

And also received a super cool gift, from the chipper @FickieRowler . Dude sent me a Le Cove $10 to help complete another sample set! I’m so happy! Really cool of you !
image.jpg

Here is the complete sample (I hope)…
image.jpg

Finally a couple nice singles from @JWC . Thanks John! Cali Bell hundo and Hilton $25, both in decent shape…
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom