The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (137 Viewers)

A nice end to the work week.
7C792C53-3451-45DB-B44E-B55F49968624.jpeg
93D0B44E-95B6-4390-A3EF-6356B0CA508E.jpeg
B76486D5-A4CD-4F9E-90A8-4292E1337B86.jpeg
F0BE3DD7-EAC7-403F-84E3-F7AD9F8BB350.jpeg
85EC75FD-5766-4E28-B229-F92BA4EBDFB5.jpeg
6921C1F3-2115-47FD-A6E4-11CBE69E6A08.jpeg
4986F321-7AB1-41F6-9E29-4336F5A95227.jpeg
Shout out to @Gear for the amazing work

@arch3r squeezed 200 chips for me into a SFRB. But then that got stuffed into two layers of bubble mailers.

This is now how I mail everything, 2 chip boxes in a small flat rate box, it won't close all the way so use tape. Then stick the box in a small flat rate bubble mailer. 7 bucks 200 chips, super secure.

@arch3r squeezed 200 chips for me into a SFRB. But then that got stuffed into two layers of bubble mailers.

For really used chips, you can put 200 in a sfrb. But I've started to just use the priority padded mailers exclusively. It only cost $0.05 more to mail than the sfrb but you can get up to 3 racks in one mailer. I just tape the chip boxes shut, put them in the padded mailer, seal that up and put that mailer in another padded mailer, and keep doing that until it won't fit anymore. Think Russian stacking dolls. I usually get to 4-5 mailers deep. Have not had a problem with shipping or damaged chips or anything. Just sent @Meathooke 200 GC $1s and @K1100lt 320 LD $5s using this method and both packages arrived without issue.

The post offices around me don't stock the priority padded mailers but you can order them off the USPS.com website and they will ship them to you for free.
https://store.usps.com/store/produc...ority-mail-padded-flat-rate-envelope-P_EP14PE

Last edited:
Need to try that. Money saver!

Huge saver of time and money. I was oblivious as I've never shipped this many packages so I've been learning, I'm sure you pros know this, but on USPS website you can order free shipping supplies with free delivery. I got like 100 bubble mailers and flat rate boxes for 0 bucks to my door, I also now print and pay for the labeles from my computer, tape them to the package and I am lucky enough to have a USPS drop box in my office. No more post office lines for me!

Huge saver of time and money. I was oblivious as I've never shipped this many packages so I've been learning, I'm sure you pros know this, but on USPS website you can order free shipping supplies with free delivery. I got like 100 bubble mailers and flat rate boxes for 0 bucks to my door, I also now print and pay for the labeles from my computer, tape them to the package and I am lucky enough to have a USPS drop box in my office. No more post office lines for me!

Yup, I do all that, but I still take the packages to the post office. I want a receipt from them that they have taken possession of the package. I've had a package go missing ( not chips take god :D ) and had no recourse because it was not in their system that it ever got picked up. :-( Lesson learned. So I do all the packing and label printing at home. Then when I get to the post office with my ready to go package, I get fast tracked and don't have to wait in line with all those novice package shippers. They just scan my package label, hand me a receipt and I'm on my way.

Yup, I do all that, but I still take the packages to the post office. I want a receipt from them that they have taken possession of the package. I've had a package go missing ( not chips take god :D ) and had no recourse because it was not in their system that it ever got picked up. :-( Lesson learned. So I do all the packing and label printing at home. Then when I get to the post office with my ready to go package, I get fast tracked and don't have to wait in line with all those novice package shippers. They just scan my package label, hand me a receipt and I'm on my way.

I've been worrying about this a lot lately, but our office is very small and doesn't mail a ton, the guy always scans everything as he takes it and it's all in the looked building so not exposed to weather or thieves. I would still hate to pay shipping and insurance and lose a valuable package of chips so I'm torn. Luckily I won't be mailing much in the near future as I have nothing to sell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom