The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (109 Viewers)

Sneak peak of what I'm going to be up to all week!

20200712_212809.jpg

Yes, no one will be home until Wednesday. Wife went back to work full time.
Bummer. You should call and let them know that though, sometimes after a number of attempts of delivery they require you to come in and pick up/sign

Bummer. You should call and let them know that though, sometimes after a number of attempts of delivery they require you to come in and pick up/sign
Which I don't mind. I tried to set it up ahead of time to do that but for some reason I was not able to because the seller bought insurance with signature required for delivery and it can't be changed.

Let me guess... they hadn't even tried? (and you were home all the time)
Nah my wife and I are both working today and therefore no one was home to sign for it. I'm probably going to have to wait until Wednesday, since my wife has a day off then.

I dont know how USPS can say with a straight face that Priority Mail is 2-3 days. These took two weeks from California.

I do not blame @The Chip Exchange for the delay... It was out of their hands. However, it does look like they've upped their shipping game... Maybe I haven't bought from him in awhile (my last two purchases were combined without another order and shipped to another user). I appreciate the attempt to get the USPS to employ a modicum of care in the handling of the shipment.

IMG_20200713_122247330.jpg

Replacement chips for my Bud Jones tourney relabel set after accidentally selling half of what I already had, thinking they were extras. :banghead:

IMG_20200713_122408477.jpg
IMG_20200713_122527034.jpg

IMG_20200713_122706132.jpg

1594661392314.png

And BTW, @The Chip Exchange, don't think I didn't notice your ploy... You add three dice to the order with the purpose and intent of transforming me into a dice collector...

IMG_20200713_122546514.jpg

I should say 'thank you' but recognizing your nefarious intent, I'll just say, "I'm on to you!"

Thanks for the quick shipment, tho. But USPS can suck my ass.

Last edited:
Yes, no one will be home until Wednesday. Wife went back to work full time.
Create a FedEx account if you don't have one already. It gives you the option to have your items delivered to a 3rd party. There is a Walgreen's very close to my house where I have my large FedEx items delivered when I know I will not be home. I've done it a few times. I just go there on my way home after work and pick up my goodies!

Create a FedEx account if you don't have one already. It gives you the option to have your items delivered to a 3rd party. There is a Walgreen's very close to my house where I have my large FedEx items delivered when I know I will not be home. I've done it a few times. I just go there on my way home after work and pick up my goodies!
Did that my friend. Says that custom services are not available for some reason. I tried every day to redirect, but I think I was not able to do it because of the signature requirement, which makes no sense if I'm trying to reroute the package somewhere secure so I can sign for it instead of wasting the delivery person's time for three days trying to drop off the package at my home.

Did that my friend. Says that custom services are not available for some reason. I tried every day to redirect, but I think I was not able to do it because of the signature requirement, which makes no sense if I'm trying to reroute the package somewhere secure so I can sign for it instead of wasting the delivery person's time for three days trying to drop off the package at my home.
That's really strange. It's never been a problem when I've done it. Walgreen's should be able to sign for it, and then you sign for it at Walgreen's (or wherever you get it delivered). They check my ID and everything.

I recently posted a wanted ad, seeking out 10 Pharaoh's $25s. I was stuck at 210 chips.

The user @BHB reached out to me and offered me these 10 crispy chips, free of charge. Gotta be one of the nicest gestures I've received on here. I am still kind of stunned I got them. I'll work on a way to repay this amazing kindness. Thanks very much for sending me my chips.
View attachment 490352
Sounds like another wanted ad for another Barrel Nav... 2 tables with 12/12 starting stacks right?? Or are ya still runnin 8/8 starters?

Sounds like another wanted ad for another Barrel Nav... 2 tables with 12/12 starting stacks right?? Or are ya still runnin 8/8 starters?
I never have more than 16 players.

EDIT : but good to be prepared for an extra!

Easily can run 12/12 as I have been. I'm a 12/12 only guy

Man... crazy how things work in the chippin world... hmmm no 05 CDIs to add to the collection for 3 months!! Check Feebay 10 times a day... ohh a single $1 chip... I need 6 of those to finish a barrel. Stupid of me but ok I will go to $4 with $4 shipping... in your dreams. After taxes almost $11 for a single chip!! It has gotten crazy looking for these guys! Luckily we have the forum!! Found 650 one day last week from @Screw wake up the next morning to find @bluesman250 has listed more High denoms... let's me buy exactly what I need... (before running the numbers again and thinking bigger... then realizing I still need another damn rack of 1ks) PCF is amazing and thank you guys for helping me get that much closer to the finish line on this monster!!
20200713_150932.jpg

Every haul counts!!

Thank you for that wonderful response brother!! If I ever get my

8/8/6/6
SUCKS!

Shirts made... I promise to send you one!! Lol
Wicked idea for a shirt Ben! I'll pay whatever it costs to be in on that!!!

My game is usually around 12-14 players as it was in its infancy when Covid hit. I try to build sets around 15 players or so but dream to be running 18 man games.

Hopefully someday my dreams come true, I can start hosting again, use my chips, grow my game, and NEED MOAR chips!!!!

That CDI set must be insane at this point Ben! Nice haul bro!!!

Ok my mail day isn't of the caliber of some I have seen this week... but damn it's a good day for me.!! Lots more chips to clean!!
View attachment 488983
Thank you @Screw man I havent found a single CDI chip in months and hit the mother load!! Cam... my brother @saleen121212 thank you soo damn much for helping me finish my boat chip sample man... and the final button I was missing for a complete STD sample!! Damn what a mail day!!!
Thanks man, nice doing business with you too! It's a gorgeous set you've got there! making me a bit jealous... Enjoy, and I'm glad they'll be getting some use!

Wicked idea for a shirt Ben! I'll pay whatever it costs to be in on that!!!

My game is usually around 12-14 players as it was in its infancy when Covid hit. I try to build sets around 15 players or so but dream to be running 18 man games.

Hopefully someday my dreams come true, I can start hosting again, use my chips, grow my game, and NEED MOAR chips!!!!

That CDI set must be insane at this point Ben! Nice haul bro!!!
Cash set is at 900 chips and hopefully still growing... the tourney can already cover quite a bit... but my ultimate goal is
(640) T25s (700) T100s (420) T500s (540) T1000s (300) T5000s and (100) T25,000s... a 40 player 25k deep stack with a rebuy/ add on pre paid for. I have it planned out, just have to finish the set... and find someone crazy enough to run an 8 plus hour deep stack tourney!! Lol goals...

if you build it... slim chance especially with covid... but maybe, possibly, I think I can make it.... they might come!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom