The Official Mail Showcase Thread (poker related) (72 Viewers)

Mail day!
image.jpg

20200220_152359.jpg

Pretty damn happy with my mail day!! 12 1/2 cent frac... some of those damn CDI 1000s that are a pain to locate. 2 of my absolute favorite chips!! The overland $20 and the Nevada Club/Crystal Bay $100!! Butover there on the table is a heavy box that says The Chip Excange!! And @FordPickup92 just pulled up the drive!! Good mail day indeed!!

View attachment 410888
Well Ms. Brie let me snap a shot of the chips first!! Proud new owners of a little 36mm set! Playable but still need to find some $1000s at some point! Lots of cleaning to do but damn these are awesome!! Thank you so much @The Chip Exchange for the opportunity!! Fellow Chipper Ben
Woot woot! The little ones are here! :wow:

Worst mail day ever.

My @The Chip Exchange delivery was combined with another order (by request) so my chips are at someone else's house and they are sending me pictures of my own chips...

And @detroitdad took delivery of some items at SQM for me.

Two deliveries, and nothing to open...

:unsure:
Can't wait to see what bill sends me.

Worst mail day ever.

My @The Chip Exchange delivery was combined with another order (by request) so my chips are at someone else's house and they are sending me pictures of my own chips...

And @detroitdad took delivery of some items at SQM for me.

Two deliveries, and nothing to open...

:unsure:
LOL At least you have the experience of owning those chips vicariously when they sent you the pics

The stuff below will probably be a normal mail day addition for most folks here, but it was a seismically significant tectonic shift for my tiny collection of chips.

First, my eternal gratitude goes out to Just1Better for hooking me up with a rack of super minty Empress Joliet Secondary Snappers. I have been searching a long time for these babies. With this acquisition, my Empress Joliet set is finally complete.

Second, my first plastics/Bud Jones in the form of a Big Easy set from the dynamic duo of allforcharity and Potsie1 along with top notch R4 BJ fractionals by allforcharity using Gear relabels . All in all, a superb set and certainly impress upon me a new found respect for quality plastics.

Thank you so much fellas, for giving me this opportunity to acquire these chips.
20200221_103536.jpg
20200221_125743.jpg
20200221_125759.jpg
20200221_125837.jpg
20200221_125858.jpg

It had to be an enjoying delivery but what a disappoint.
Flamingo rack was described by @Spinettis Gaming as Mint , with 90 Mint chips and 10 dirty but good shape.
In real, lot of warped chips inside... just sad.

Anyway, thanks to @AK Chip for the solid and @JeepologyOffroad for the cutcard.

IMG_20200219_161044.jpg.952bb2be02690e5046c7da01d0e20e5d.jpg

Last edited:
It had to be an enjoying delivery but what a disappoint.
Flamingo rack was described by @Spinettis Gaming as Mint , with 90 Mint chips and 10 dirty but good shape.
In real, lot of warped chips inside... just sad.

Anyway, thanks to @AK Chip for the solid and @JeepologyOffroad for the cutcard.

I've received chips like this from multiple sources. I'd bet not all are warped. Some of these are probbably flat & some pretty warped. You'll have to check each chip individually. Do a search for flattening chips. You'll need a wooden clamp & some ceramic blanks (ABC Gifts & Awards). I've had pretty good success. I suspect you might be able to get 95%+/- of the warp out out of these stacks. If you lived in the USA, so shipping cost wasn't an issue, I'd do it for you.

I'm not jusifying the condition; I know why you are not happy. Merely offering a possible solution.

I've received chips like this from multiple sources. I'd bet not all are warped. Some of these are probbably flat & some pretty warped. You'll have to check each chip individually. Do a search for flattening chips. You'll need a wooden clamp & some ceramic blanks (ABC Gifts & Awards). I've had pretty good success. I suspect you might be able to get 95%+/- of the warp out out of these stacks. If you lived in the USA, so shipping cost wasn't an issue, I'd do it for you.

I'm not jusifying the condition; I know why you are not happy. Merely offering a possible solution.

I'm in France, i already paid heavy shipping cost, round trip will be too expensive. Anyway, thanks for this offer, really appraciate it.
There are not all warped but i have double check and there are lot warped inside, some are just little warped and some more warped (see video below).
It just that if i had know I would not have bought them. It's not what i call "Mint"chips.
I think i'll try to unwarp them with woodclamp but i'll need to spend some more bucks in a woodclamp (and shipping cost) and i'm not really happy to try this technic on these kind of chips.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom