The next hot dog roller? My newest mancave addition. (1 Viewer)

Payback

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
In January my tenants in IL bailed in the middle of their lease and basically fled across the country in a day. When we got in there they had left behind some items, some very strange one, some useful ones which we kept. A really nice chair, a ball for kids, and this lovely baby.

20200617_170123.jpg

A 4' tall spiral gumball machine. Nothing like getting this instead of a few months worth of rent....At first I was like wtf am I going to do with this, but then thought it might be something unique to keep in the house so I hauled it from IL to TN on my last trip.

I removed the coin mechanism this week so it freely turns as I didnt want to deal with quarters. Then spent some time cleaning it up inside and out. It eas fairly gunked up from previous use. The good news is the mechanism is loud enough that the kids won't be able to sneak any.

I took a bit of a different approach as the family wanted a variety of goodies, and not just gumballs. Not to mention I don't want it to get gunked up again. Therefore, I ordered some 1.1" empty round capsules (200) to see how it would work and they fit beautifully. We then loaded the capsules with M&Ms, Reeses (about 8 per capsule), skittles (7 per), jellybeans (2 per), lifesaver mints (1 per). Overall the unit holds about 1600 1" gumballs so we've got a lot of room to fill it.

I also had the idea of if the novelty wears off in the house that I could bring it to school and put it in my office as a little incentive for the elementary students.

Nice. Were your tenants hurt by covid or just general dirtbags?

I had an antique jar for candy in my office for my students but my fucking coworkers kept eating all the candy. Should have filled it with mothballs.

Nice. Were your tenants hurt by covid or just general dirtbags?

I had an antique jar for candy in my office for my students but my fucking coworkers kept eating all the candy. Should have filled it with mothballs.

Dirtbags. Late every month and took negotiations to get payment. Etc. Basically I'm glad they are gone. Got some new ones in March before covid and they pay on the 1st every month in full. Its wonderful!

The good news is the mechanism is loud enough that the kids won't be able to sneak any.

It looks like it may be the same one I have, in which case the top unscrews quite easily, so...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom