The next Cash Set. Help! I need a $5 chip ideas! (2 Viewers)

Jeff

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
I have a new inlay and theme to work with. Not gonna share yet.

I have always wanted this chip in a cash set as the workhorse $1 chip:

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 7.32.15 PM.png

I don't know how grey will work, so maybe this one:

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 7.32.28 PM.png

and I really like this as a $20

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 7.33.06 PM.png

Lol. But that's not even level 1. Screws the spot progression all up!

Maybe old-school yellow instead of dayglow saturn?

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 8.09.05 PM.png

I like the grey $1 sooooo much more than the white $1, not even close. The shaped inlay is pretty much wasted on a white chip too. Might as well save the extra money it wlll cost and go with round if you use the white chip.

If you are going unique colors, retro lavender would make a great $5 and fit well with the $1 and $20 options you are thinking of using.

Also grey is so light that when you use a blue color with it, it makes it look more blue, which is a normal color for a $1 chip.

+1 to what @Rhodeman77 said.
Gray all the way for the 1.
Retro Lavender with black spots or maybe Maroon with old school Yellow spots (or Butterscotch) for the 5 - keep DG Saturn for the 20.

If it's red, then Retro red anytime, if there is no specific reason suggesting otherwise, IMO.

If Jeff is going to honor this Forum's tradition of ordering around 1000 5s per set plus a couple of racks for breakfast:), the spots have to be fairly simple, unless money is not an issue.
But they can't be too simple, because of the already complex spots on the 1. And there's already red and blurple on the 20's spots...
Here's an idea of simple yet "filling" spots:unsure:
Unknown.png

The brown chip is a "Dunkin Donuts" Chip. I think I might be partial to the 6A14.
Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 10.30.25 PM.png

Potential quarter in the making IMO. I have a hard time loving non red chips for 5s, but that's me. Chocolate quarters, or even a 20, though nom nom.

retro, get some brigfht white and light green in there - not sure about a spot really. that is a tough call given the neighbors
jeff.PNG

I love heresy, but not blasphemy.
If not one of the 3 available reds, I wouldn't go further than Maroon in one direction or Retro Lav in another.
Spots, if you keep the 4 spots on the 1 (do keep them), either 4D14, or the classic plain 412. Classic never goes out of fashion.

LOVE the $1 and $25 Jeff! And as Rhodeman said, the gray looks way better than the while with those soits for the $1 IMO.

Now, just a bit of food for thought: Both $1s and $25s have different colors combining for the spots. I would personally tend to have the $5s with multiple color spot as well, not separate but together, like the other two chips.

Hey, @ChaosRock , in regards to having multiple color spots together ... would the 4D14 count?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom