The making of Whiskey Throttle Game Room (1 Viewer)

JD378

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I’ve recently been bitten by the poker bug & want to make a man cave/ game room. I’ve been in the motorcycle world for about 25 years both racing/riding & working in the industry. My current boss is the one who told me I should give poker a shot, he used to live in Vegas & played a lot. We were talking & I told him I wanted my own poker table & game room. He’s been in the Moto world for years as well & I told him I wanted to call it Whiskey Throttle Game Room. If you know anything about motorcycles you know what whiskey throttle is but I wanted to do it to combine two things I like, motorcycles and good whiskey. I already have a slot machine so the next step is a custom table. For my birthday he got me some custom playing cards which I thought was cool as hell.

Attachments

• CFBB469D-E6A5-4F04-B939-0256C74A251B.jpeg
    CFBB469D-E6A5-4F04-B939-0256C74A251B.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 21C00ACF-F411-495A-9952-5B79A5222DCD.jpeg
    21C00ACF-F411-495A-9952-5B79A5222DCD.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 193
Great theme! That can be the hardest to nail. Some advice for someone who has made a man cave in the living room;
  • The hunt/journey is the fun part
  • You'll never be done (for long)
    • Get samples of anything costly before you pull trigger
    • You'll end up in iterations of basically everything, given time. Meaning whatever you start up with will be upgraded over time.
    • Things you didn't expect to upgrade will be upgraded
    • You might not think you want high-end, but you'll end up there anyways if you stay here
  • Checking the forum here has two effects
    • Lots of inspiration
    • You'll spend 10x more than you planned to
Good luck! :D

Dude, is that a slot machine in the kitchen? Sweet!

We have plenty of people who can help with everything custom poker. Check out our vender list, we have a few table makers. Most Swear by Chanman poker tables, he does incredible work. You also have a lot of options on custom chips depending on your budget. My advice would be to search the forum, we have a lot of cool threads all types of custom stuff, great for ideas and inspiration. Good luck, can't wait to see what you come up with.

Dude, is that a slot machine in the kitchen? Sweet!

We have plenty of people who can help with everything custom poker. Check out our vender list, we have a few table makers. Most Swear by Chanman poker tables, he does incredible work. You also have a lot of options on custom chips depending on your budget. My advice would be to search the forum, we have a lot of cool threads all types of custom stuff, great for ideas and inspiration. Good luck, can't wait to see what you come up with.
Technically it’s in the dining room, the kitchen is on the other side of the bar :D lol

Welcome to PCF by the way and cool theme. You can put together just about anything “poker” here. If it’s a table your looking for, I’d highly suggest messaging @T_Chan or visiting his page in the vendor section here on PCF.
Tony does beautiful work and can work with any theme of your choosing. He is who I got to make my custom felt for my table.
Best of luck with your new found passion, keep us posted on your progress. We always enjoy seeing pictures of what everyone’s doing.
Below are a couple pics of what Tony can make for you.
B48C0CF7-CA6F-40C9-ADA0-43F3A3C7A2A7.jpeg
82078E25-E08F-4034-9AE6-AE135C41B221.jpeg

Whiskey throttle is perfect name for your next adventure also, trust me you will loose control and after the fact it will be humorous and then you get sucked into the rabbit whole

i love the theme and how you combine your two loves to be center in your new passion.
I assume your mechanically inclined and might think of building your own table, plenty of threads here on how too
If your looking for a pro built table, plenty of supplier information in posts including a member Tchan who I understand does fantastic custom cloths and builds
I have a feeling you will adopt a third love and that will be customize poker chips, plenty of opinions here on the matter, plenty of artists to take up the design task and a member here Gear labels makes incredible labels for your chips
Just a pointer... get samples of as many types of chips so you can find what you really like and want to spend your cash on. The samples are not a waste of money but actually save you money in the long run with making the right choice for you. Also gear sells sample pages of the different type of lables , that will also work well for you.

The key to success is the part time job you get, to help fund the game room advice you’ll receive here. Neurosurgery pays well, but doesn’t leave much time for your full time job, let alone poker. Your a bachelor, so that’s good, as you have a chance to marry into money.

I know a little about hobbies and where they can lead $$$$. My goatee is white and I just bought my first bike, Honda 750 Shadow.

good luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom