The Life of a Pisces! (1 Viewer)

image.jpg
image.jpg
Here's the first one. Regular Thursday night league hosted by a long time friend, who may be the world's biggest Broncos fan. Broncos table, dice chips with hot stamped Broncos logo, cold beer, and the Broncos/Chiefs game on two big screens. You know I had to bring a couple good luck card guards, for the occasion! Go Broncos!

GO BLAZE ORANGE!!! ;) Digging the felt for sure!

Slight derail: Manning looked a LOT better last night... I'l feeling a bit (just a bit) more relaxed...

Only because they ditched Kubiak's system, and let him run his offense out of the shotgun. He doesn't look comfortable when they try to put him under center. In the preseason, the media speculation around here is that the new offense would be some sort of hybrid of Kubiak's & Manning's systems. I don't think they're gonna completely abandon Kubiak's philosophy, but they're gonna need to run the ball better, to give it more of a chance. In order to do that, the O-line is gonna have to play much better. So far, they've been awful.

On the grind again! Just a little $20 tournament. The host is a regular at my game, and is trying to start a monthly tourney. He surprised me by having Poker Knights China clays! Usually, if I'm not playing at my place, I have to slum it with dice chips. Unfortunately, this is as big as my stack ever got. The Old School Bronco didn't work two nights in a row. I ran rough, was able to steal some pots to stay afloat, but unfortunately busted on the Final Table Bubble.

image.jpg

As funny as it sounds coming from someone who lives in Seattle and has the username "12thMan"..... GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I grew up in Arizona and the Cardinals were not around until 88', I was 10 years old at that point and had already fallen in love with the Broncos a few years before after watching Elway lead "The Drive" against Cleveland and win that game. Before that game I watched football because I knew I loved the game, but I didn't have a team to root for, my family were all Cowboys fans but even at ten years old I knew that was a warped way of thinking. ;) I became an instant John Elway fan and forever a Bronco fan. I moved up to Seattle in 91' with my family and loved being in the same division as the Seahawks because we would kick there ass up and down the field usually, but I eventually started to like the Hawks and have become a "homer" type fan: I want the Hawks to win every game they play except if playing the Broncos or if the hawks win will negatively affect the Broncos. The Broncos will ALWAYS be my number one team, I am an extremely loyal person and that extends to my first football love.

Not going to lie, it's been rough up here these last few years, I have to deal with the incredible amount of bandwagon fans that started watching football in 2012 and only know that they are supposed to hate the Broncos. They don't know the reason they hate them is because of how the Hawks have gotten there asses kicked by the Broncos for years, they just know that they hear "Broncos suck" all the time. After Superbowl 48 I was a couple hundred bucks lighter in the wallet and I had to take a pie to the face (lol) from a johnny come lately seahawk fan.... GROSS!!

So anyway, love the felt, love the card guard, and love the BRONCO LOVE!!!! Going to be watching this Mile High thread with interest!

And yeah, they certainly did throw Kubiaks play book out the window, you could almost see them saying "fuck it, we need to throw this ball." while it was happening. Just look at DT's targets, they weren't even looking his way (or manning didn't have enough time) in game one and the first quarter or so of Thursdays game, that is not good. I was as big a fan as anybody of Kube being the coach, but if your game plan does not involve getting the ball to one of the top three recievers in the game multiple times a quarter my fandom of the system starts shrinking.

Go pisces and go BRONCOS!!

I prefer the original uniforms to the new ones. Go Packers! I hope I can make it to your meet-up someday; I'll bring my portable oxygen tank with me.

On the grind again! Just a little $20 tournament. The host is a regular at my game, and is trying to start a monthly tourney. He surprised me by having Poker Knights China clays! Usually, if I'm not playing at my place, I have to slum it with dice chips. Unfortunately, this is as big as my stack ever got. The Old School Bronco didn't work two nights in a row. I ran rough, was able to steal some pots to stay afloat, but unfortunately busted on the Final Table Bubble.

View attachment 17905

The more games the better! I hope he can succeed in getting the league going... Also, dice chip poker better than no poker, hahahaha... Those Poker Knights do look good although I believe the are not China Clays but just slugged plastic (of good quality imo)... Yeah man, sometimes not even our lucky card covers help, even if it's a vintage mean bronco! ;)

Only because they ditched Kubiak's system, and let him run his offense out of the shotgun. He doesn't look comfortable when they try to put him under center. In the preseason, the media speculation around here is that the new offense would be some sort of hybrid of Kubiak's & Manning's systems. I don't think they're gonna completely abandon Kubiak's philosophy, but they're gonna need to run the ball better, to give it more of a chance. In order to do that, the O-line is gonna have to play much better. So far, they've been awful.

I agree on all accounts... The running game has been absent for quite a while now although Anderson had a nice second half of the season last year... That coupled with a mediocre O-line and Payton injuries (and age) certainly don't make things easier for us... D look great though, specially the pass rush and the corners...

Sometimes I question if the offense Elway was running was Kubiak's or Shannahan's (not that different to begin with)... I tend to think it was more Shannahan's... When Gary K went to Houston I was pissed as I wanted him with the Broncos... He hasn't been that good after that though... Tbh, I wanted Fisher when he left the Titans...

There were rumors the Broncos were trading Payton this off season... Kubiak's hiring was not a short term one as they know Payton has only a few more passes in his career... Imo, they should still give the team to Payton this year... We're talking about the best quarterback I've ever seen playing and it's really not that close...

As funny as it sounds coming from someone who lives in Seattle and has the username "12thMan"..... GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I grew up in Arizona and the Cardinals were not around until 88', I was 10 years old at that point and had already fallen in love with the Broncos a few years before after watching Elway lead "The Drive" against Cleveland and win that game. Before that game I watched football because I knew I loved the game, but I didn't have a team to root for, my family were all Cowboys fans but even at ten years old I knew that was a warped way of thinking. ;) I became an instant John Elway fan and forever a Bronco fan. I moved up to Seattle in 91' with my family and loved being in the same division as the Seahawks because we would kick there ass up and down the field usually, but I eventually started to like the Hawks and have become a "homer" type fan: I want the Hawks to win every game they play except if playing the Broncos or if the hawks win will negatively affect the Broncos. The Broncos will ALWAYS be my number one team, I am an extremely loyal person and that extends to my first football love.

Not going to lie, it's been rough up here these last few years, I have to deal with the incredible amount of bandwagon fans that started watching football in 2012 and only know that they are supposed to hate the Broncos. They don't know the reason they hate them is because of how the Hawks have gotten there asses kicked by the Broncos for years, they just know that they hear "Broncos suck" all the time. After Superbowl 48 I was a couple hundred bucks lighter in the wallet and I had to take a pie to the face (lol) from a johnny come lately seahawk fan.... GROSS!!

So anyway, love the felt, love the card guard, and love the BRONCO LOVE!!!! Going to be watching this Mile High thread with interest!

And yeah, they certainly did throw Kubiaks play book out the window, you could almost see them saying "fuck it, we need to throw this ball." while it was happening. Just look at DT's targets, they weren't even looking his way (or manning didn't have enough time) in game one and the first quarter or so of Thursdays game, that is not good. I was as big a fan as anybody of Kube being the coach, but if your game plan does not involve getting the ball to one of the top three recievers in the game multiple times a quarter my fandom of the system starts shrinking.

Go pisces and go BRONCOS!!

That's quite a surprise "12th man", LOL!!! Just kidding... I can relate to you in a sense since I've been living in Michigan since 2000... I hated the Lions until Stafford got here, now the are my second team... Not sure what would happen once Stafford is gone though... The local media certainly wants him gone...

I have seen a lot of 'new-school' Broncos around for sure, maybe because of Payton... I haven't experienced much Broncos hate though... Certainly nothing even close to Cowboys hate... I don't mind the Cowboys but CANNOT STAND the Raiders (surprise, surprise!!)...

To give you an idea, I've been a Broncos fan for so long my favorite player is 77 o_O !! Followed closely by 7 (of course), 87, 84 and 27... :D

Awesome seeing lots of Broncos fans around!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

image.jpg
I would go back to he Orange Crush at any point, love it, but I still like the current uni's, especially the Blue/White...

Agreed. I like the new logo/unis, but love the old logo. Here is a pic we took at the Thursday night game last year. It's an iPhone photo. My wife had it blown up, printed, and framed. She gave it to me for an anniversary gift!

Chaos, the 1988 Scottsdale boys and girls club Eagles football team photo features a ten year old me wearing the #77 that I picked specifically because of Karl Mecklenburg. I wear it every summer in softball as well. :D

There were rumors the Broncos were trading Payton this off season... Kubiak's hiring was not a short term one as they know Payton has only a few more passes in his career... Imo, they should still give the team to Payton this year... We're talking about the best quarterback I've ever seen playing and it's really not that close.

Right now, Aaron Rodgers is the best quarterback in the league imo..

nice pics! - After buying that house outside Denver I presumed learning to be a Broncos fan would be a good idea. If they go back to the retro clothes, I'm in. In fact, all of the NFL should go back to old school unis.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
October has been a little hectic, but I thought I would update this thread. The 2nd weekend in October, I went to the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque! The wife is from there, and was excited to have me experience it for the first time. I definitely recommend everyone go at least once in their lifetime!

Last edited:
Nice chips. Are they customs?

They belong to another member in the Thursday Night League, who hosted that night. No, the are not customs. They were a line offered on holdempokerchips.com, & I believe they are Chipcos??, but not sure. He got them cheap off of Craigslist, then added to the set when Holdem started liquidating the line. Nice chips, & if I'm not hosting, I would rather play at his place because of his set. He has a nice, large set, with both tourney & cash setups.

I think the Mardi Gras ceramics were produced by Nevada Jacks. No Chipco white ring, and back then, they all had it.

I think you are right. Now that I think about it, the face of the chips are textured, and that was another feature of Nevada Jacks. Anyway, easily the 2nd best place we play on Thursday nights;)!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom