The Kat Kase - a super secret project in conjuction with PokerChipsDesign (1 Viewer)

Here's an in-hand snap of some cats that were rolling with me for a bit:

20151105_092106_001_zps60gjoqgj.jpg

EDIT:

The second green qt-pie is no longer with me but I can't remember who got it. Mr Tree got one. Not sure about the other. Maybe I do still have it!

I'll post pics of the remnants anon

Last edited:
Great pr0n and topic @Toby !

That was a real pleasure to work on this very unique project with you ! ;)

For those interested here is how we worked :
- Toby contacted me by email to talk about a box that could contain 6 chips in airtites with a certificate,
- A few emails and days later, I came up with this very first sketch : https://www.dropbox.com/s/krdh29qev85rpwq/Black Cat Sample Box v1_1.jpg?dl=0
- Lots of emails and 4 prototypes later, this is the final drawing of the elements of the Kat Kase : https://www.dropbox.com/s/w1k5uz62us3epkn/black-cat-box-v6.jpg?dl=0
- 1 day more for cutting everything, sanding all the wooden parts and assembling with the help of Miss PokerChipsDesign and everything was shipped !

I just realised it's 9th December, what would be my mom's birthday but she died from cancer-related complications a few years back.

To commemorate, I'll be putting up an artwork prototype sample set up for auction.

Proceeds to go to Macmillan Cancer Support.

Details to follow... Unlock your wallets and your hearts! :)

Sorry, meant to add the remnants pic in this thread:

20151209_183243_zps8nhqhvlf.jpg

^ these are the leftovers from the CPC factory, after I'd selected the chips that the Kat Kase folk would get.

The auction winner will cherry pick 6 of these to form their own sample set, further reducing the ranks.

I'll post pics again after the auction with the winner's set, plus those leftover.

I predict that the the red q-pie will go. Probably the $1 on the same row. And row 3's 500.

I'm going to relinquish several of my favorites from the remainder but take heart in knowing that I'll still have a perfectly awesome 25c chip staying at home. And plenty of other great chips. Yes!

Will update this thread shortly after the auction wraps up!

Last edited:
@LabMonkey has spoken!

His selection from the charity auction are these:

black-cat-choices.png

Shocker that the q-pie was selected!

@jbutler is the only other person with one of those.

The happy news is @LabMonkey chose a different quarter, so everyone still has a unique protosample set! :)

I will check the chips tonight and make sure they are good to go. Will also make the donation. :)

I would be disappointed that my red/pink quarter pie is also in the possession of another PCFer, but @LabMonkey was too generous for me to be mad. Use it well! It will bring you much luck as a card protector...

Btw the green spots remind of 1980s British jazz mags (my brother used to have some)

Last edited:
I've just made the donation to Macmillan Cancer Support, following @LabMonkey's very generous donation via the BCC MD-50 charity auction.

£130 plus £32.50 Gift Aid top up, a grand total of £162.50 (US$246).

bcc-charity-auction-donation-receipt.PNG

I did add a donation message but I didn't get that in my receipt and I can't work out how to retrieve it. Text was:

In memory of Wendy Wagstaff. Generously donated by John and Irene G. via the Black Cat Club MD-50 prototype sample auction by Toby on pokerchipforum.com
Thanks again to @LabMonkey! Chips are off to their new home tomorrow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom