The Kansas City Straddle – July 14-17, 2022

Chawks45

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had warm German potato salad, which I also like, but this wasn't like that. It was more like a baked potato: cheese, sour cream, bacon, and seasoning IIRC.
I believe you had their famous baked potato casserole.

Here's a link to a restaurant review, complete with full menu, of Slap's BBQ. They were featured on Food Network's "Sweet n Savory" show a couple of years ago.

Also for the barbecue aficionados, here's a good guide to the local scene, complete with reviews. So many great choices, but I'm a sucker for Zarda's Bar-B-Q and will go out of my way to eat there.

Damn it. Now, I'm hungry...

Chawks45

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get home from work today and these dealer buttons I had made for the meet-up were waiting on me in the mailbox.

IMG_7589.jpg

Still less than a year to go, but behind the scenes stuff getting done. It's coming together.

Chawks45

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always a good day when you walk outside and see a Zarda setup for lunch.

IMG_7759.jpg

Grabbed some apple flavored burnt ends, pulled pork, creamy potatoes and baked beans:

IMG_7760.jpg

All this -- and more from other great local barbecue spots -- awaits folks attending the Straddle.

toothpic

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always a good day when you walk outside and see a Zarda setup for lunch.

View attachment 753354

Grabbed some apple flavored burnt ends, pulled pork, creamy potatoes and baked beans:

View attachment 753355

All this -- and more from other great local barbecue spots -- awaits folks attending the Straddle.
I gained 5 pounds just by looking at that! Looks amazing!

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Looks like I'm going to need to book a hotel with a treadmill.

I won't use it, but if I see a fat guy running on it, it might convince me to order a smaller portion.

Na... I won't order a smaller portion. But I will laugh at the fat tourist that thinks he's going to lose weight in a town known for it's BBQ - and laughing burns up to 120 calories per hour.

:sneaky:

TX_Golf_N_Poker

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just heard about this. Put me on the list as very interested, although probably only about a 25% chance that I could actually make it.

TX_Golf_N_Poker

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make it a family vacation on your way to visit family in Iowa, and hang out at Worlds of Fun!

That should raise the percentage odds. In theory...
In theory- great idea. Unfortunately kids are all grown up and wife hates poker. LOL. She doesn't even like going to Iowa that well. She's a Texas girl. But I do some travelling on my own pretty often, so there's a chance I can make it, more dependant on work than the wife.

BEANO52

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As @Ben8257 reminded me of today, go ahead and lock me +1 (the wife) as well as a hotel in as slots are getting thin. I'd hate to miss out on a close meetup! The Power and Light District is a blast especially since that area was so rough prior to 2008ish.

Really looking forward to it.

- Mark

Chawks45

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As @Ben8257 reminded me of today, go ahead and lock me +1 (the wife) as well as a hotel in as slots are getting thin. I'd hate to miss out on a close meetup! The Power and Light District is a blast especially since that area was so rough prior to 2008ish.

Really looking forward to it.

- Mark
Cylon voice:

1FK3I.gif

Top Bottom