The Kansas City Straddle – July 14-17, 2022 (2 Viewers)

Ben8257

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to golf frequently, unfortunately I had to give it up last May when this happened on my motorcycle:
View attachment 937575

18 days in the hospital, 4 surgeries, and 6+ months of physical therapy. It could have been worse, much worse. Counting my blessings for sure!
All I know is there is a metal rod coming out of an area that is way too close for comfort... I hope they knocked you out when they removed it. Never been afraid of a surgery but that is too close right there! My upper right half of my skeletal structure is mostly titanium and no fear each time they went in to fix it (extreme skining a week after surgery wasn't a great idea) but man If I worked up with rods that close to my groin... I think I would just ask them to pull the plug! Lol

Glad your doing well now brother!

Chawks45

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score

toothpic

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score

toothpic

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if you fall asleep at the table, though? Will you be that guy we have to wake up each time it's your turn to act?
If I ever get to that point you tell me to go the hell home because I'm pretty dysfunctional at that point lol

TX_Golf_N_Poker

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Flight is booked! Arriving just after 4pm on the 14th. I made sure to get in early enough to make it for the dinner.
Can't wait to meet the famous @T_Chan !
For those attending the Straddle, however, feel free to leave all your work-related stuff at home.
Can we make an exception in this case?

toothpic

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might or might not have secured a karaoke setup.

I hear @toothpic does a great Billy Joel. OK, I haven't really heard that.

Any singers in the group?
F135A30A-42BF-4155-B291-A3E54A54F4C6.gif

BEANO52

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might or might not have secured a karaoke setup.

I hear @toothpic does a great Billy Joel. OK, I haven't really heard that.

Any singers in the group?

OK, this is going to be my first poker chip "meet up" but luckily it's feeling like it may be EPIC!

< In for future Stradles as well!

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a couple beers we all know that happens with or without the karaoke machine! Lmao

Brie says no Acoustic Shinedown 45 though! That's a shame... ok to be fair I can barely get there anymore... getting old sucks! Lol
You can get there well enough that I'm certain we'd all be sitting in a pool of wine lol

Chawks45

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a couple beers we all know that happens with or without the karaoke machine! Lmao

Brie says no Acoustic Shinedown 45 though! That's a shame... ok to be fair I can barely get there anymore... getting old sucks! Lol
Whoa. You can hit Brent Smith's notes and have his incredible range??

OK, karaoke is on! I can't wait to hear you belting out Shinedown's "Second Chance" at some point.

Ben8257

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa. You can hit Brent Smith's notes and have his incredible range??

OK, karaoke is on! I can't wait to hear you belting out Shinedown's "Second Chance" at some point.
This man knows his shit! Haha I would say about 90% of Brent's range... a few years back it was almost prefect... but I was curious if even he could hit those notes anymore (now 44 years of age) watched Two live performances this year and even he doesn't go there anymore. Glad to have seen him a few times in his prime!

I have to get loud but yes I can still belt out "stratosphere" as the ladies call it! To the rest of us... Second Chance!

Chawks45

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say about 90% of Brent's range... a few years back it was almost prefect... but I was curious if even he could hit those notes anymore (now 44 years of age) watched Two live performances this year and even he doesn't go there anymore. Glad to have seen him a few times in his prime!
Damn!

Have you ever seen his acoustic cover of Pearl Jam's "Black"? Easily one of my favorite covers of one of my all-time favorite songs.

Ben8257

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn!

Have you ever seen his acoustic cover of Pearl Jam's "Black"? Easily one of my favorite covers of one of my all-time favorite songs.

It is excellent brother (not the time for a musical debate... but I don't think he really outsung Mr. Vedder there IMO, almost like Brent was holding back to try and keep it clean and perfect... I want it raw and raspy, not really perfect! Lol) I see we have very similar taste in music sir. I prefer live performances over recorded material. One of My personal favorites was this peach. Not a cover... just unplugged

Fly High Brother Scott Weiland!!

Chawks45

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think he really outsung Mr. Vedder there IMO, almost like Brent was holding back to try and keep it clean and perfect...
Agreed on him holding back. I can definitely appreciate that approach, though, because the original from Vedder is simply the best.

I see we have very similar taste in music sir. ...

Fly High Brother Scott Weiland!!
Also, agreed on this. Scott Weiland gone too soon.

One of my go-to karaoke songs is STP's "Interstate Love Song."

This will be a blast!

TX_Golf_N_Poker

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed on him holding back. I can definitely appreciate that approach, though, because the original from Vedder is simply the best.

Also, agreed on this. Scott Weiland gone too soon.

One of my go-to karaoke songs is STP's "Interstate Love Song."

This will be a blast!
I can hardly wait! This is either going to be very entertaining, or "very entertaining. ;) "

Top Bottom