The Jinx - Story of Robert Durst (1 Viewer)

manamongkids

Full House
Reaction score
Whos watching? Or have started to watch. Only 6 episode mini investigative series on HBO.

Thoughts?

Just finished, I wont post any spoilers...but if you are following the news in the past few days, you already know. Episode 6 was quite the ending.

I heard the news spoils the ending. I'm pretty sure I know what that means. I'm just starting ep 5.

just finished last night after a busy pre-BBotB week and then BBotB. i had successfully avoided spoilers via my normal news-reading and podcast-listening and it was well worth it. jarecki's previous documentary - capturing the friedmans - might be better, but is probably not as tense and suspenseful.

now of course everyone's kvetching about whether jarecki was right to: (1) structure the film in such a way as to arguably deceive as to the timeline of the last interview; and (2) withhold evidence from police while he completed the documentary. i'm unmoved that there's a significant issue with either, but understand why others would feel differently.

i heard a lot of people say "this is the tv version of serial." i wouldn't go nearly that far, but it was very, very good television and very much worth the time.

the burping part in the final episode was laugh out loud television

the burping part in the final episode was laugh out loud television

that whole sequence was great. i hate to reduce it to just a comparison to serial, but i'd be lying if i said it didn't bring me out of it in emphasizing the value in seeing someone on screen try to tell their story rather than just listen to a recording. there were several times where he looked so visibly uncomfortable that it seemed very likely he was lying.

Wow. I finished the last episode of The Jinx about ten minutes ago after starting the series on Sunday.

I'm not a big consumer of documentaries, but this thread piqued my interest. I typically ignore murder/death/kill news, so I was ignorant of recent developments until just now.

I don't want to spoil too much for those who may but have seen it, but the last episode was fantastic. The ending, of course, but also the obvious struggle that the filmmakers had with handling what they had found out.

They lost points for the cheesy music at the end, but otherwise this was quite a good watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom