The Infinity Club (1 Viewer)

buzzmonkey

Flush
Reaction score
Everything old is new again. I love hosting poker games and especially love hosting tournaments. Like many of you I scour and tweak my spreadsheets of blind schedules and payouts. But I've never had space to host. I'd had a couple cash games, but most of the time we'd play at someone else's house.

I'd use my meager winnings to buy supplies like plastic cards, cheap diamond chips, then dice, then Chipcos to play mostly cash games at the houses of others.

In 2007 I decided to start up an annual tournament where we could all play for a decent prize and a fancy trophy. And the Balls Deepstack Poker Classic was born (a tourney that, despite winning once, I've done comically bad in). After about a decade, I handed the reigns over to my friend at who's house we held the game to focus on other matters.

Now that we're in a bigger place and the pandemic has eased some I have plans to host fun annual events again. And with that, new traditions will hopefully take root.

I don't know how often this thread will see updates, but I'll kick things off with my latest brainchild.

Gathering tournament is today. Started with 12, down to 6.

PXL_20220521_201917527.jpg
PXL_20220521_201430484.jpg
PXL_20220521_201859404.jpg
PXL_20220521_213737934.jpg

Having a big tourney in November. Two days, three events. A 2-day NLHE deepstack, a PLO and a NLHE bounty game. Lot of planning went into this one and I expect it to either be a big hit or a big bust. lol. Hopefully a hit so we can do it again next year.

Trophies came in last week. Three 28" Undisputed Mini-Belts:
1665248054740.png

Having a big tourney in November. Two days, three events. A 2-day NLHE deepstack, a PLO and a NLHE bounty game. Lot of planning went into this one and I expect it to either be a big hit or a big bust. lol. Hopefully a hit so we can do it again next year.

Trophies came in last week. Three 28" Undisputed Mini-Belts:
View attachment 1002516
Assuming "The Hitman" belt goes to the person who tallied the most bounties. "The Giant" goes to 1st place and "The Warrior" to runner-up?

Assuming "The Hitman" belt goes to the person who tallied the most bounties. "The Giant" goes to 1st place and "The Warrior" to runner-up?
Three different tournies.

Although the Warrior was trash in and out of the ring so giving it to last place would be valid.

I thought about going with The Madness for Savage. Probably should have.

Having the second annual Gathering tourney next month. Putting together art for customer dealer buttons.

The Gathering 2 Button.png

Plus a trophy:

g2trophy.jpg

And the invite:

Had 17 players today. Unfortunately I went out early, but snagged one bounty and made another few bucks in cash. Overall a great turnout and great game!

PXL_20230422_132354091.jpg
PXL_20230422_132336812.jpg
PXL_20230422_132459509.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom