Giveaway The Grinch Stole My Christmas giveaway (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WedgeRock

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I haven't been on PCF as much as usual, but I heard through the grapevine that some people haven't got stuff that they paid for and now they're being ghosted... no purchase, no refund and no communication. I decided to d a giveaway to maybe bring a little bit of sunshine to somebody that got shorted.

TO BE ELIGIBLE, YOU MUST HAVE GOTTEN SCREWED ON A TRANSACTION ON PCF IN CALENDAR YEAR 2020. Did you read that? I've run several giveaways and it has become clear to me that not everyone reads the eligibility requirements, they just post, "In" sometimes after the giveaway is closed. So A SECOND ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT IS THAT YOU MUST READ THIS WHOLE POST.

I'm trying not to get overly rigid and verbose with the rules, but sometimes I can't stay out of my own way. I want simple, bright line rules to follow. If you got screwed on a deal in 2020 (on the honor system), you can enter by posting 1.) "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch" and then 2.) a picture of Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Festivus/Holidays at your house. If you don't celebrate a holiday this time of year, post a picture of Steve Buscemi instead. I don't want this to become a flame war, so do not post the name of the PCF member who screwed you and don't post any details of the deal gone bad. If you do, you will be disqualified. I am encouraging Christmas cheer, though, so feel free to identify someone who made a bad deal right or who went out of their way with generosity. One entry please.

On Friday, I'll run a RNG to get a number between 2 and the number of posts before cutoff. If that post is eligible, they get the prize. If the post is not eligible, I'll run the RNG again and get a new number.

What's the prize? I have an envelope here that was addressed to a PCF member but as I was getting ready to ship, he moved. He was going to send me his new address, but never did. I asked him about it a few times and haven't gotten a response. This WAS NOT something he paid for, but something I was sending to him gratis. I haven't heard from him, so I decided I'm going to give it away to someone who is got screwed in a deal. The prize is nothing special... just something small that's been packaged to send out for a couple months now. But I mentioned this idea to a few people, and they offered to add to the giveaway. So it might be more than just my envelope.

Mystery Grinch Envelope.jpg

I reserve the right to change/bend the rules without notice.

Last edited:
I got screwed when a certain California guy refused to sell me his 4Q 1s. Haha

judt kidding, nice giveaway Wedge, good chip karma for you.
If I didn't wreck every thread with a smart ass comment, I'd ban hammer you...

But I do... :unsure: So you can stay.

In fact, relying on the very last line of the OP, your post is a valid entry!

Someone on this forum who’s name rhymes with speakerswang got me to purchase cards mold chips that won’t be ready until 2047! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Joking only. I read the rules, but I love the people here and I’m happy to say that I’ve never had a bad transaction on the forum. All you guys are awesome! Even you @WedgeRock no matter what anyone tells me in PMs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Happy giveaway, fellow kids!

9c40be2e-5a47-4b8c-8c74-6a6bff0f2a2b-jpeg.594969

This is pretty funny, Forrest, because my first iteration of the rules was to post a picture of Uma Thurman as a holiday alternate... I've always had a crush on her... But I remembered there were some shitty, post-plastic surgery pictures floating out there... I didn't want to see those again, so I changed the alternate photo from Uma Thurman to Steve Buscemi. And then you nailed both criteria with this pic.

So Martin & Lewis or Amos & Andy?

Someone on this forum who’s name rhymes with speakerswang got me to purchase cards mold chips that won’t be ready until 2047! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Joking only. I read the rules, but I love the people here and I’m happy to say that I’ve never had a bad transaction on the forum. All you guys are awesome! Even you @WedgeRock no matter what anyone tells me in PMs :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I think most of what I said about him to you was in a live chat on WC while he was playing, and he denied none of it. Just saying.

"Waiting for WedgeRock"

Nah, that was first date with WedgeRock.

THIS is his "Waiting for WedgeRock" pose.
1608087279124.png

I haven't got screwed on this site, unless technically, you count people buying chips in the classifieds before I get to see the posting. So just in case, this Steve pic is my entry.

You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch

E415B106-EEB8-4E93-9556-D44804C2DBD6.jpeg

And once again I have to say that Paz is a person that just sets the standard for kindness and generosity. I have seen numerous times people will be asking about a certain chip, only to later see in the thread that not only has Paz given out great info, but he has also sent a chip (or chips!) to that person. And these are often times chips that some people would consider grail singles.

I didn’t tag him in this post, because he is also a really humble person, and I didn’t want to bring this to his attention, lol.

Edited to add:
It’s not that we don’t celebrate Christmas or Hannukah (my wife is jewish) but we are currently living in France, and will be moving very soon, so we have no decorations up at all. We generally don’t do the holiday decorations anyways, but of course this year just has to be even more special.

This is a “bash someone thread” I’m looking for some good thrashing. Take all the PCF love somewhere else!!!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I read the entire post. You spelled requirement wrong. Since no-one else has mentioned that - I am the only one to qualify because they obviously didn't read the entire post.

If you disqualify me, well "You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch".

1608094646057.png

I am happy to say I'm not eligible for this one due to requirement nr.1!
I do appreciate it though, and thanks on behalf of those who unfortunately are eligible, may there be as few as possible.

You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch

View attachment 595008

And once again I have to say that Paz is a person that just sets the standard for kindness and generosity. I have seen numerous times people will be asking about a certain chip, only to later see in the thread that not only has Paz given out great info, but he has also sent a chip (or chips!) to that person. And these are often times chips that some people would consider grail singles.

I didn’t tag him in this post, because he is also a really humble person, and I didn’t want to bring this to his attention, lol.

Edited to add:
It’s not that we don’t celebrate Christmas or Hannukah (my wife is jewish) but we are currently living in France, and will be moving very soon, so we have no decorations up at all. We generally don’t do the holiday decorations anyways, but of course this year just has to be even more special.

I can only say I 100% agree...
Altho not posting as much in public like before...still doing his thang like a silent santa
100% OG

Going to tag him...I know he is a very humble person but the man gotta know how much this is appreciated and remembered by many old timers
@PAZ

Happy holidays to all and thanks @WedgeRock for running this...I'll add 1 decks of Aristo cards

I've noticed you've been less active recently, Ben and I have both mentioned that. Hoping all is well and you're just in the PCF has turned to a negative space lately boat and rowing to brighter waters for awhile. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas/happy holidays @WedgeRock
I won't say I've been "screwed" on a transaction here, but we both have had people back out of deals, change their minds last minute, try to jerk us around on pricing, the usual "shit happens" so if that qualifies: You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch. (And I read the whole post)
Also, since I figured PCF needs to be a brighter anyway, here's my Steve Buscemi pic

y3c1djy.jpg

Hoping all is well and you're just in the PCF has turned to a negative space lately boat
Everything is fine... Just started a new job. It's funny because being on PCF less means I don't read everything, just the threads that interest me... So I miss alot of the drama...which is a bonus. I didn't even know there was another round of non-delivery/ghosting until it was mentioned to me offline.

Anyway, thanks to you and @Ben8257 for your concern, but all is well (better even). Merry Christmas!
we both have had people back out of deals, change their minds last minute, try to jerk us around on pricing, the usual "shit happens"

It counts. Any bad deal in 2020 counts. I was thinking of somebody who got chips, but they were not the level of mint he expected, based on the price he paid... That's enough for me. I'll let the individual decide whether they think they've had a bad deal on PCF. The point is to take a bad deal and make it a little bit better.

Everything is fine... Just started a new job. It's funny because being on PCF less means I don't read everything, just the threads that interest me... So I miss alot of the drama...which is a bonus. I didn't even know there was another round of non-delivery/ghosting until it was mentioned to me offline.

Anyway, thanks to you and @Ben8257 for your concern, but all is well (better even). Merry Christmas!

It counts. Any bad deal in 2020 counts. I was thinking of somebody who got chips, but they were not the level of mint he expected, based on the price he paid... That's enough for me. I'll let the individual decide whether they think they've had a bad deal on PCF. The point is to take a bad deal and make it a little bit better.
Thanks for the shout out Wedge! Overall 2020 has been an amazing chipping year for me (no so much my bank account), I have been the recipient of such amazing generosity!! Though I won't clog your thread with positivity! LOL and because I actually won something in your last giveaway as always I prefer to step out of the way and let other people have a chance!! Thank you for being awesome and everything you do for the forum sir!!

Oh And for the record Bah Humbug!! LOL

Well, here's to hoping 2021 and the new job are excellent to you!
Ps - I've found only reading certain threads helps to not have the drama and other such negativity be so prominent. Couldn't agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom