The Great PCF Baking Thread (1 Viewer)

Ugh! I baked pinwheel cookies for a cookie exchange yesterday, and I forgot to take pictures.

Best I can do is a pic of the container we took home, which includes two of the ugliest pinwheels (we left the good ones for everybody else). Didn't matter; tasted great.

1000000453.jpg

Any of you bakers have a good sourdough recipe? Next time I make clam chowder I want to make sourdough bread bowls.
OK, so I'm like 3 years behind the fad but better late than never. First crack at some soughdough from scratch with jersey grow wild yeast:

20230226_162114.jpg

This was more of a trial run, I don't think the barm was quite up to the correct potency yet as it didn't rise too much and came out a little dense, but still pretty tasty. A couple more barm refreshments and it should be good to go.

OK, so I'm like 3 years behind the fad but better late than never. First crack at some soughdough from scratch with jersey grow wild yeast:

View attachment 1088431

This was more of a trial run, I don't think the barm was quite up to the correct potency yet as it didn't rise too much and came out a little dense, but still pretty tasty. A couple more barm refreshments and it should be good to go.
Looks good Matt, what did you bake the loaves in? Let's see a crumb shot (chip pron version of bread baking)!

Well yeah, but I meant directly on the rack? A stone or steel? Dutch oven?

Came out looking great with a nice texture!
Lol just fucking with you. I have a baking stone but it wasn't big enough for both loaves, the one on the right was done on a stone, the left on a baking sheet (I'm curious to see the difference). Did the whole hearth oven prep with a steam pan and sprayed the sides of the oven when it first went it. Based on this book that someone (pretty sure here on PCF, Brian maybe?) recommended to me like 3 years ago:

https://a.co/d/hjJ81uV

Lol just fucking with you. I have a baking stone but it wasn't big enough for both loaves, the one on the right was done on a stone, the left on a baking sheet (I'm curious to see the difference). Did the whole hearth oven prep with a steam pan and sprayed the sides of the oven when it first went it. Based on this book that someone (pretty sure here on PCF, Brian maybe?) recommended to me like 3 years ago:

https://a.co/d/hjJ81uV
Yeah, great book. My family clamors over the dinner rolls and my FIL will disown me if I don't bring the Cranberry Walnut Celebration bread to Thanksgiving!

1127191515~2.jpg

Some random pizza bakes the last few weeks. Focusing more on my stretching techniques and ingredient distribution. Less is definitely more. Used mostly store-bought dough before perfecting my own dough and methods

20231126_182706.jpg
20231203_182607.jpg
20231203_182719.jpg
20231226_190320.jpg
20231226_190540.jpg
20231231_183116.jpg
20240115_180751.jpg
20240115_180934.jpg
20240115_180938.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom