The Garage Chips revisit (1 Viewer)

Meddler2

Full House
Reaction score
These labels were designed way way back on CT for me by an unknown/forgotten fellow chipper. I ended up going in a different direction for my custom set (Peddler's Roost) but I'm thinking of getting these made; either on CPC mold or possibly a relabeled Paulson chipet.
Since I had the set made with these colors using different artwork, I'd likely need to change the color inlay and chip color scheme.

But....
...Any thoughts on the inlay/label design? CPC or Paulson? If CPC, which mold? I already have sets on A, E&C, and Plain molds.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

p.s. this set would not include a $2 chip.

TheGarage.jpg
GarageSet.jpg

Last edited:
When I first saw the design, I thought they were going to be some really unique ceramics, and I think that could totally work. As an inlay on a clay chip, I think the H-mold lends itself to mid-century aesthetics.

And I agree that the font is hard to read. But I do like where this is going. :tup:

Ok...this is really f-ing nit...but it’s only because you asked...

For some reason it bothers me that the yellow from the sign on the $1s matches the spots...but the $5 and $20 the color of the sign matches the chip. If you made all three match in the same way my wife could sleep better tonight (because she won’t hear me talking in my sleep about how you could possibly do this!)

For some reason it bothers me that the yellow from the sign on the $1s matches the spots...but the $5 and $20 the color of the sign matches the chip. If you made all three match in the same way my wife could sleep better tonight (because she won’t hear me talking in my sleep about how you could possibly do this!)
Another nit: On all but the $5, the sign color is different than the crescent in the background (yellow/white, lavender/brown & pink (or is it peach?)/lavender), but the $5 is two close shades of red. I really like the red and mint combination on the $5 chip. I think changing the $5 crescent color to mint would be really classy.

Thinking more about your colors on the labels and the chips, I think the scheme of the $20 chip is the way to go. Sign color matching the chip color and the crescent color matching the spot color. The baby blue chip with yellow spots looks like an excellent color combination. For that chip's label, I'd suggest changing the sign color to the baby blue and the crescent to yellow.

I really love the mid-century look, and the design captures it very well.

Last edited:

Agreed 100% and would of course adjust. Since I don't have the original files and can't change the current colors so the above are just examples to get the ball rolling. I should have mentioned that in the OP. Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom