The Game Room Thread (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
I know there are some that have slot machines, pinball, and other arcade/game machines in their man cave.
Lets see them!

Powering up the new slot machine. It was already configured so no technical stuff now.

IMG_20180128_001603.jpg
IMG_20180128_001608.jpg
IMG_20180128_001624.jpg
IMG_20180128_001825.jpg
IMG_20180128_001834.jpg
IMG_20180128_002027.jpg
IMG_20180128_002302.jpg
IMG_20180128_002310.jpg

I would like to come over and help you sort those boxes. Large on the bottom and smaller as we go up. :) (OCD)
I would normally agree with you. Unfortunately a bigger board game box does not mean heavier. Whoowasit is one of the biggest boxes on my shelf and is mostly air. The best strategy with board game stacking is putting similarly sized boxes on top of each other, then weight is largely unimportant. I don't do so hot at that either haha.

This little device is called a TITO. (Ticket In Ticket Out) It works on most models in the last 25 years. It allows you to print cash out tickets which can be use in your other machines. (each machine needs one of these devices) You can add credits to the machine via your tablet or phone, you can screen/button lock the machines and mute the sound too.

IMG_20180128_090831.jpg

This little device is called a TITO. (Ticket In Ticket Out) It works on most models in the last 25 years. It allows you to print cash out tickets which can be use in your other machines. (each machine needs one of these devices) You can add credits to the machine via your tablet or phone, you can screen/button lock the machines and mute the sound too.

View attachment 149566

Tommy, you are a sick, sick puppy my friend... :p:p:p:p Well done!!!

Games in my Game Room. It's a work in progress (the room, that is), but no complaining here.
View attachment 149509
Aside from Catan (never played) and Risk (have not played in like 20 years) I can honestly say that I have never even heard of any of these. That being said, judging a game by its box I would probably like quite a few of these.

Games in my Game Room. It's a work in progress (the room, that is), but no complaining here.
View attachment 149509
My opinion of course, but hands down the best game in the picture is Ticket to Ride. I think the European edition is best. A lot more elements to the game. If you have never played it I would highly recommend it.

Board games are great, and perfect place to play them is on the poker table. Haven't bought any new games in a while, but we've got Carcassone, Dominion, Alhambra, a few others. I think most of them were in contention for the Spiel des Jahres in their respective years.

Been working on refurbishing this Bally Alpha 1 machine over the last few weeks. When you first get them, they usually smell like cigarettes and are full of dirt/dust. This one had a terrible finish on the cabinet. Some bamboo like design. (n) :thumbsdown:

8726337903309813936.jpg

After stripping the insides down to a bare cabinet, decreasing the nicotine tar from everything, cleaning every component, cable, etc. by hand, polishing the chrome, installing all new locks and buttons, it came out pretty nice. This one is a keeper.

20180217_105624.jpg
20180218_104306.jpg
20180218_104403.jpg
20180218_104923.jpg

I highly recommend this stuff for cleaning any electrical components. Be sure to use it outdoors or in a well ventilated garage. Wear eye protection too. You don't want this stuff getting in your eyes.

You can soak down the component and the dirt and grime just drip away. I'd let the components fully dry overnight.

wd.jpeg

Are you able to switch between games on a machine, or can they only have one installed at a time?

Only one game installed at a time. The newer Alpha 2 machines, it takes about 10 mins to swap games. On that Alpha 1 T32 that I have (Money Talk now Hot Spin), in additional to installing the new game, you also have to change out the reel strips, top sign, and belly sign. (and change the color of the LEDs with a jumper if needed) Probably about 25-30 mins for those.

Only one game installed at a time. The newer Alpha 2 machines, it takes about 10 mins to swap games. On that Alpha 1 T32 that I have (Money Talk now Hot Spin), in additional to installing the new game, you also have to change out the reel strips, top sign, and belly sign. (and change the color of the LEDs with a jumper if needed) Probably about 25-30 mins for those.
Thanks. I would love to have a machine or 2 when I get a proper space for them. Are yours set up to take cash, or is all crediting done from the ipad? Well it read the tickets it prints?

Are yours set up to take cash, or is all crediting done from the ipad? Well it read the tickets it prints?

The machines I have now will all print tickets and take tickets. All the machines need one of these.
https://www.bettorslots.com/product-page/deluxe-bettor-tito

Adding credits can be done with cash, but I just use tickets now. I did to use the app for a while to add credits but once you have enough tickets, you can just re-use them since there is no real validation system in place to cancel them. Print a $100 ticket, put it back in the machine, cash out, now you have two. (one in the cash box). Do that for a bit and you'll have stacks of $100s tickets.

I plan to activate the player card system for tracking game play later on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom