The Foray into AK March 7th-9th 2019

David O

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just walked in the door, back in San Antonio, Texas and all I can say is, "What a great 10 days in Alaska!". Pat and Bonnie were the ultimate hosts. Pat ran a great show and the food was excellent.

It was great to see some old friends like Forrest, Mark, Pat, Tom and Scott!. It was also great meeting some for the first time like Kevin, Elizabeth and Chris. Pat even had a great crew of locals. I really enjoyed the "white" cheese-its!

Food as I said was awesome. We sleays had a fresh crockpot for lunch or snacks which included. Cabbage and Sausage Soup. Chili to name a couple. Some of the dinner highlights were a full Alaskan King Crab and Shrimp boil, Paella and Puled Pork Tacos and Salmon Tacos for the Main Event.

It was great getting out finally to another meetup. With a crazy past year and a half I really needed to get away and Pat's meetups was just what the doctor ordered. We also did several thinks around Alaska for those of us that arrived early. The high light was walking out on Long Lake and watching the Iditarod restart. What a great vent and I even won a bottle of Blueberry Vodka.

Anyway I enjoyed the Camaraderie, The chips and everything about the Forray! If it comes up again this is definitely one that you should not miss.

Thank you once again Pat and Bonnie for everything and opening your home to a bunch of degenerate chip collectors!

David O

AK Chip

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bonnie and I want to thank everyone who attended this meet up. It was a true pleasure to hang out with friends old and new. If you ever want to visit in the summer when its not a melty slushy mess let us know. We would love to have you back. We look forward to hanging out with everyone in San Antonio in August. Sadie is pouting and missing all the love and attention she was given. Already thinking about the Foray Replay! We will work on better sleeping arrangements for those that crash at our house.

Cheers!
PnB

Psypher1000

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense Scott, but that is perhaps the dumbest thing you’ve ever done, and I’m including your volunteering for crazy shit in the Corps. Keep your distance from moose. Ornery and mean.
None taken. It definitely ranks up there in the stupid column, to be sure. Had I seen the smaller one trailing it I never would have gone out there, and in fact, that was what prompted me to leave - along with the moose staring to take a single step toward me. As a local put it, “Make no mistake, an agitated moose won’t hesitate to tapdance all over you.”

gopherblue

Full House
Reaction score
None taken. It definitely ranks up there in the stupid column, to be sure. Had I seen the smaller one trailing it I never would have gone out there, and in fact, that was what prompted me to leave - along with the moose staring to take a single step toward me. As a local put it, “Make no mistake, an agitated moose won’t hesitate to tapdance all over you.”
When I was backpacking in Denali, I adhered to the old Alaskan adage: Stand your ground with a grizzly; run from a moose.

...which resulted in a crappy pic of a moose from 200 yards and a hell of a pic of a grizzly from 30.

AK Chip

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Iditarod is going down to the wire with top four mushers. Kiser, Ulsom, Royer, and Zirkle. Sorry Elizabeth Petit was a late scratch.

abby99

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish I could have been there. Thanks to everyone for posting photos and comments. Looks like a great time was had by all.

Top Bottom