The Foray into AK March 7th-9th 2019

AK Chip

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Well I've picked the dates for an AK meetup. I'm hoping there will be enough interest and that people can make it up.

Here are some early details. My plan is to have members stay at AirB&B down the road and hold card games at my place.

I know the cost to make it up here will be a bit steep but I will supply all the food and booze for the weekend. within reason on the booze, to try and help offset some of the cost.

I imagine my wife will keep crockpots of chilis and soups going all the time with breakfast and dinners cooked.

Non playing dealers and TD for the main event.

Any ideas that will help is appreciated I wont have the variety of chips as the other events but should still be a blast.

I will start a new interested list now that the dates are picked. If I can help with any info please let me know I will do my best to help out. I really hope enough people will be ble to make the trip!.

Let me know if your interested in coming up.

Here is the link to the house.I will be renting the house the day before to move stuff in. So if your here early its a free night.https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17777951?location=Anchorage, AK&guests=10

Main Event chips Thanks for the assist @pltrgyst !!!

Thanks Scott! Guest set. Cavalry Club!

Soapy's are coming home for a visit!! Thanks Tom!!

Schedule
Early arrivers March 1-2nd
Inca911, k9dr, Bigtater, ekrickets&Mrs ekricket, David O

March 2nd
Stay the night at cabin on Long Lake. Really good chance of seeing the aurora!! Bonfire and small card game.

March 3rd

Bonfire and beers watching the sled teams go by.

March 4th

Talkeetna Flight seeing tour for anyone wanting to do it. Pub for beers for the non flight group.

March - 5th
Touring, Girdwood, Seward

March 6th
Dinner at my favorite restaurant Las Margaritas
first night in the airb&b
Cards at my place

March 7th
1 hour excursion to Girdwood for lunch at Chair 5, with stops along the way for photo ops.
Cards at night.
Full English breakfast
Alaska seafood dinner, Salmon, crab, halibut.

March 8th
Cards day and night.
Traditional breakfast fixings
Spaghetti Dinner

March 9th

Main event 1:00 P.M.
Local breakfast joint / beers
Possible main event (depending on departure times.
Cards all day and night until people have to be at the airport.

Paella Dinner

Confirmed Players List
1. AK Chip
2, Inca911 BB
3 K9DR BB
4 The Big Tater
5. David O
6 ekricket
7 Elizabeth (Mrs.ekicket)
8 Thinking Fold
9 Psypher 1000

10 Bobby
11 Linda
12 Amanda
13 Randy
14 Roland
15 Cathy

Interested Players List

Micro Chips
Jeff
Ben
V1pe
Justsomedude
Ben
Mashoo
fish72
T_Chan
Denali

I will be renting the house the day before to move stuff in. So if your here early its a free night.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/17777951?location=Anchorage, AK&guests=10

Attachments

Last edited:

AK Chip

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Monday I will contact the owner and get a good count on rooms layout and cost and get back to everyone on that front.

TheBigTater

Full House
Reaction score
If I can survive it in Texas you can make it up here.
Mate, I live in the AZ desert and I'm going without hesitation. Get yo'self up there!
Oh I'm coming if there is anyway possible, but those May dates sounded a little bit more temperate. My blood is a little bit thinner than it use to be. :)

Put me down for the AirB&b bunkin' party. (y) :thumbsup:

Ben

Flush
Reaction score
Interested. Realistic odds - maybe 25%.

I'll have a much better idea by Christmas or so whether it would be feasible. :cautious:

David O

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I am 90% so I will definitely take a bed! My brother is in as well and we may bring his wife and my daughter. If that happens we may end up getting another place to stay.

David

David O

Straight Flush
Reaction score
The O brothers coming to town!!
Yes, when I told Dan about your meet up he said "ALL-IN". He remembers you form the All In at the Alamo and enjoyed playing on the same table with you and I cannot miss one of my favorite chippers meet up. We go way back!!!

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Yes, when I told Dan about your meet up he said "ALL-IN". He remembers you form the All In at the Alamo and enjoyed playing on the same table with you and I cannot miss one of my favorite chippers meet up. We go way back!!!
Cool. Your brother still enjoying the PNY's I sold him.

CraigT78

Full House
Reaction score

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I hope to confirm tonight that I'm 100% in. Pat, your right at the top of my list chippers to meet.

AK Chip

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Airbnb requires you to pay up front. Every time I've used it it was an immediate charge.
Obviously I don't want to jump the gun and pay right away but I will get it booked somewhere around the end of summer to make sure we have the place for those dates, then collect from anyone staying there at the time of the event.

I hope to confirm tonight that I'm 100% in. Pat, your right at the top of my list chippers to meet.
Thanks Bill I can say the same about meeting you. Was bummed when you couldn't make the Alamo.

Top Bottom