The DZPoker Starburst Quest (1 Viewer)

DZPoker

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks in large part to a lot of great members on this site over the last two+ months, I’ve finally built a decent Starburst Cash Set! I know two months pales in comparison to the time some spend building the incredible sets we see on PCF, but it’s felt long to me!

Still have some cleaning to do. Still looking for a rack of Blacks, and to fill out the partial racks of Red and White. Possibly another rack of Green. Who am I kidding...I’d jump at the chance to add more of each!

A few people have asked for a pic of my set recently though so here it is! As I add to it, maybe I’ll repost from time to time!

updated pic of set!:

Attachments

• 1CBCE99E-E06D-4896-8E90-0483026D44C7.jpeg
    1CBCE99E-E06D-4896-8E90-0483026D44C7.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Beautiful! Congratulations on your success so far, and good luck with its completion.

Are you planning on a Starburst tourney set as well?

Oh yeah, you have a much better home for those forest greens!

Awesome... Few more Forest green and you have great cash set

Are you planning on a Starburst tourney set as well?
Maybe someday but we usually play cash games so this was the target.

Nice job! They look great!
Thanks!

Oh yeah, you have a much better home for those forest greens!
You obviously were one of the ones who helped greatly so I thank you!!

Awesome... Few more Forest green and you have great cash set
Yep...because of Covid we’re primarily playing pretty short handed but I definitely want more of them and a rack of Blacks eventually!

This brings back memories. One of my first ever transactions on this site was with @ChaosRock I think we traded racks of star burst chips?
Very cool! My first transaction was Starbursts. As was my second. Probably my third too. Might have been my fourth also!... :)

I am officially f... ing jealous, the only way to improve this collection would be to obtain spotted Starburst, I try to find pics.

If we could fill in the Forest Green and Black...then find a rack of Yellow as my 1k.....I’m just saying that the rack of Grey could become 5k each and the two racks of Peach could become my fracs.

Help me make crazy impossible!!!
-DZ

Ok...the spotted yellowish as my 1k would be awesome!

PM coming!

nope but last rack on the right is pretty dope
(jade?) , I think they need oiling

Updated the OP with a current pic!

I lost my ability to update the OP but here’s where we stand:

DA6705EF-E79F-4640-9627-A5F9EF2E92A0.jpeg
47F657B0-93E3-4710-844D-14803E825828.jpeg
C39906FC-F46F-420F-A2B8-5AC31D162895.jpeg

6 Forest Green and 60 Yellow are all that’s left for my dream set!

For those wondering, the goal was a standard-Vegas-color set that could cover any limit, no-limit, or tourney game I could ever envision holding...from penny games with my family, to various stakes cash or tourneys with friends, to higher stakes games with those who might play. Anything. I’m not here to argue using a single set for all...it was partly what I wanted and partly what my wife was into (she LOVES starbursts!). At the end of the day, it’s mine, it’s for me, and it makes me smile...so I really don’t care!!:)!!

I may tweak the breakdown a tiny bit but I have to stay at 2k total chips so it can’t just be moar!:)! I think I’m pretty close to perfect here though. Once I fill the last 66 chips I’ll post the various games I think it will cover (just for fun), and all of you far more experienced than me can weigh in!!

Many thanks to all who have helped me get here! Many, many thanks to any who answer my trade or wanted ad to fill in what’s missing!

Are those black or charcoal? From the picture they look quite suitably black to me, good enough to work for the "hundo" spot for sure.

Are those black or charcoal? From the picture they look quite suitably black to me, good enough to work for the "hundo" spot for sure.
True black. A Christmas miracle after an 8 month search plus help from an awesome member here! 70 took quite a bit of work to clean up but well worth it! My trade post has one of the blacks next to charcoal for reference...definitely black!

I plan to once I complete the set but it just seems wrong to do it 66 chips short! My kids are drooling over the chance to make a splash pot pic with them though!!

@DZPoker so you're all good on Black Starburst now? I'm hoping to build a starburst set like yours too someday.
Pretty much. A great deal may make me consider upping it to 2400 chips by primarily increasing the top-end (for more tourney options) but for now I'm really focused on the bloody last 6 Forest Green!! That almost-complete rack of them just pains me!!!!! That, and at least 60 1000s for now (yellow, arc yellow, canary, etc.) to finish what I started!!

As for your own set...GET STARTED!!!:)!!! EVERYONE SHOULD OWN A STARBURST SET!!!:)!!!
(unless you're interested in Forest Green or something that would work for a 1k...then I suggest you consider starting later!!!)

Pretty much. A great deal may make me consider upping it to 2400 chips by primarily increasing the top-end (for more tourney options) but for now I'm really focused on the bloody last 6 Forest Green!! That almost-complete rack of them just pains me!!!!! That, and at least 60 1000s for now (yellow, arc yellow, canary, etc.) to finish what I started!!

As for your own set...GET STARTED!!!:)!!! EVERYONE SHOULD OWN A STARBURST SET!!!:)!!!
(unless you're interested in Forest Green or something that would work for a 1k...then I suggest you consider starting later!!!)
We’d all love to get started to own our starburst set... but you snatch them all up before we get a chance!! Lol.
J/K, happy you’ve been able to put together an incredible looking set.

We’d all love to get started to own our starburst set... but you snatch them all up before we get a chance!! Lol.
J/K, happy you’ve been able to put together an incredible looking set.
Hahahah. I've slowed down in recent months. Just last week there were some I left for someone else!:)! I swear!:):)!
Thanks for the kind words!!

Hahahah. I've slowed down in recent months. Just last week there were some I left for someone else!:)! I swear!:):)!
Thanks for the kind words!!
I saw that, good on you! If/when you decide to move to your next grail set, and you decide to list your current one, I call auto dibs right now!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom