The Dr. gets angled but justice prevail (1 Viewer)

DrStrange

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
We are playing a very friendly casual $0.25/$0.50 - $20 max buy in. I joined the game ten years ago, but its been running more like twenty years. House rule - you post the blinds sitting or not, but you don't fold until facing a bet.

I fold my UTG hand and run off to answer the call of nature. The table rips through that hand and gets started on my BB hand quickly. I am hurrying back when someone hollers, "its $2.50 to you". I get to the table and it seems that the preflop was limped around for $0.50 each. The flop was dealt, we all checked, and the late position player has bet $2.50. Someone has looked at my hand (I guess) and assured everyone I would not fold since they already put my money out.

I hold :kh: :jh: and the flop is :qh: :tc: :4d:. I say, "thanks for waiting, I call" and toss in my $2.50. Then the SB says, "I check, it is your bet". (three way action)

I am confused - I just called the $2.50. But the table explains that the $2.50 was for a preflop raise and now we are betting the flop. Alarm bells should have gone off - who lets anyone see the flop before deciding on calling the preflop raise. But no, I didn't figure this out. (SB was the preflop raiser.)

OK - then I bet $10. Late position guy folds and SB jams all in for $25. I call knowing I am behind but getting enough odds to call. SB tables :qd: :qc: for top set. Now I see why he was willing to let me see the flop before calling and knew to go for the check raise. <<BONK>> I should have see that coming.

I hit my draw and SB misses his redraw. As I am scooping the pot, SB starts to complain that this wasn't right and my hand should have been dead. I am having none of that - action offered and accepted. There was plenty of places where my hand should have been folded, but once the chips went in the middle it was too late to object. "I am sure you wouldn't be giving me my chips back if the draw missed."

Justice is sweet, even if I was a sucker -=- DrStrange

PS and now I'll need to keep a close eye on SB. Second dodgy thing he has done the month. Damn, that sucks.

The more I read about the hand the more I loved it :)

Why would you, with a hand like QQ, let someone see the flop before he decides to call the preflop raise? :rolleyes:

There is one guy I play with who has my attention all the time. His last move was to immediately muck his cards and mix everything up when there was a discussion about a possible misdeal. He had crap and wanted the hand over. I could not stop his muck in time and after some words we determined the deal was good with an exposed card to all players. What a douche as he took the deck sitting in front of the dealer/player and mucked into it to force a misdeal. The hand could not be completed and all that was at risk to him was a called BB. Double douche! I'm like Bloody, I'll go after him everytime I got the cards and position.

His last move was to immediately muck his cards and mix everything up when there was a discussion about a possible misdeal.
What a douche as he took the deck sitting in front of the dealer/player and mucked into it to force a misdeal.

^This guy would not be coming back to my game. And likely thrown out on the spot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom