The Doxie Cardroom (ASM Roman Mold) (2 Viewers)

MegaTon44

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Hey All,

Please allow me to present my custom hot-stamped Roman mold set.

Why "The Doxie"?
It is a tribute to my Dachshund, Wally. He's my oldest pup and I wanted to memorialize him in a special set. We chose the font to mimic a 1920's Gatsby-esque theme

How did you get so many Roman mold chips? Aren't they retired?
Yes, they are a retired mold. I scavenged 5,000+ of them from online ads and garage sales over the past 5 years

Where are the rest of the 5,000?
I traded them away to @AK Chip in exchange for his brilliant stamping services. He stamped/traded/sold a bunch. I am out of inventory.

With a unique opportunity like a Roman mold set, wouldn't you want more commercial appeal?
Not really. I make custom sets that have value to me, mainly my wife, my dogs, and ducks (love ducks). One day, I'll have a custom design that is more appealing to the masses.

Who helped with this?
The great @p5woody did the artwork and the amazing @AK Chip did the stamping. @navels, @colter ripton, @CraigT78, and others helped throughout the years to retrieve these.

That $1 chip color is a little funky. What's up with that? And all 312?
Finding enough Roman molds to spread a multi-table cash game is tricky. Fortunately, I was able to make it pretty close to Vegas colors. As for spot pattern, 312 is the least rare. There's a chance to add a solid frac and 41x $500, but no rush.

Weren't you planning to have these milled?
Yes, but this mold was a beast to mill without going extremely slow to avoid excessive melting. With 2,000+ chips, needed a more scalable solution.

Why should I care that you made another dog tribute set?
Meh, no particular reason. Though having a 2,000+ chip Roman mold set, all compiled after the mold was retired, is pretty unique I'd figure.

Are you offering samples?
I don't sell samples. However, I do occasionally give away samples to friends. Let me assess the extra inventory to see what's available.

Ok, enough talk - onto the pics....

20201224_140923.jpg

20201224_141017.jpg
20201224_141215.jpg
20201224_141546.jpg
20201224_141729.jpg
20201224_141742.jpg
20201224_141754.jpg

Screenshot_20201224-143413_Messenger.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Love me some hotstamps! Great job Dan, congrats and l'm looking forward to playing with them someday (along with all the other new sets lol).

Edit to add: nice detective work being able to locate 10 racks of the reds with the same color and spots, that's damn near impossible!

Last edited:
Amazing set @MegaTon44 cant wait to see them in action in 2021!
Sam you are alive??? I haven't herd from you in ages brother!! Looking forward to getting back to normal in 2021!!

New Years resolution #1.... when @StewbieDoo is betting big on every street early in the tourney.... do not sit back and donk off chips over valuing aces with an overly obvious straight on the board!! He will play K9 (who wouldn't) and take that pot in on you!! Lmao

Hope you're doing well buddy!!

Ben

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom