The definitive Poker Chip Rack thread? (1 Viewer)

I have a bunch of 69-ish mm racks that indeed give a lot of wiggle room. I solved it by sticking furniture pads on the back side (was lucky to find cheap ones that are 38 mm in diameter and just under 3 mm thick). With those applied, minty Paulsons fit perfectly (warped ones struggle though!):

20201114_213624.jpg 20201114_213825.jpg 20201114_202855.jpg 20201114_213931.jpg

It is. They are 66.2 mm and fit perfectly into a 66.7 mm rack (just measured and tested in a Paulson rack).
That's some good findings!! Everyone has gone 43mm hybrids for the most part, but I have ~ 1,000 pc set of 39/43mm going into production so I'll follow your lead here.

View attachment 573184
at 3d3p (@One Eyed Dollar) you can order customized racks.
I second the racks from Ben. Especially if you want custom fit and bright colors. I bought some 71mm racks from him for my PGI 8V china clays. As far as I know, nobody sells cheap 71mm racks at retail any more.

Another option for beautiful, but not cheap is custom wood racks from @alecnetwoodworks.
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/wooden-chip-racks-and-trays.61628/post-1218323

Cherry racks.jpg

Never would’ve known the difference these tiny details make - PCF delivers again! Thanks for compiling this resource, super helpful.

Has anyone assembled a chart of the *footprint* of various racks?

In other words, the length and width of the base of each type of rack?

I’d also be curious what the overall height is once the corresponding chips are inserted into them (from the base of the rack to the top of the chips).

Has anyone assembled a chart of the *footprint* of various racks?

In other words, the length and width of the base of each type of rack?

I’d also be curious what the overall height is once the corresponding chips are inserted into them (from the base of the rack to the top of the chips).
This would be great to know. I had to unfortunately learn through expensive trial and error.

I have damn near bought them all and the 66.7 from Spinettis in the acrylic or cheap plastic have the smallest “footprint”. I can go 5 deep in my tool chest. The rest I can’t squeeze the 5th in.

IMG_2527.jpeg

OK, I’ll start...

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS OF COMMON CHIP RACKS:
• Unique “4200” Rack for 39mm chips
L ::: 8-1/4" (210 mm)​
W ::: 3-1/32" (77 mm)​
H ::: 1-1/8" (29 mm)​
• ChipCo Suits Rack for 43mm chips
L ::: 9-1/8" (233 mm)​
W ::: 2-31/32" (76 mm)​
H ::: 1-1/8" (28 mm)​

I need good measurements to get some custom foam cut for a case, and figure I’m not the only one who will ever need this. If others have racks they are willing to measure, please weigh in!

OK, I’ll start:

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS OF COMMON CHIP RACKS:

Unique “4200” Rack for 39mm chips

L ::: 8-1/4" (210 mm)
W ::: 3-1/32" (77 mm)
H ::: 1-1/8" (29 mm)

Apache Suits Rack for 43mm chips
L ::: 9-1/8" (233 mm)
W ::: 2-31/32" (76 mm)
H ::: 1-1/8" (28 mm)
Measured with calipers or a tape measure?

Measured with calipers or a tape measure?

I used a clear ruler, so I could see through to align the marks and (with hope) get a more precise measurement.

I don’t have any calipers, but that would be even better.

If needing more exact measurements, naturally I’d go with millimeters. For the two racks above, the heights in inches both came in very close to 1-1/8", but there was a one-millimeter difference on the metric side.

I’d also like to try to get a measurement of the heights *filled with chips* but that is trickier to eyeball. And of course there are variations in the chips themselves.

For example, on the Unique 4200 rack, the “trough” of the rack seems to be 16 mm deep. So in theory a 39mm chip should extend 23 mm above the top of the rack for a total height of 52 mm (~2.05"), if the chips are a consistent height and the racks are a consistent depth.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom