The Crown Jewel Design Feedback (1 Viewer)

ImCrossland

Full House
Reaction score
Through all the time spent trying to come up with something out of nothing, I’ve learned that creativity and vision are traits I do not possess.

Would appreciate any feedback on the inlay and particularly any recommendations on color combinations and spot patterns for every denom. Wanted to make the $1’s pop rather than reserving the vibrant patterns for some $100+ chips which will hardly see use.

Not in love with either the fracs or $5 and would love your feedback on them! Okay, flight is landing so perfect timing.

Thanks, everybody!

-Triston

Attachments

• 01031C2F-7BDC-4515-9990-620CC035F9E0.png
    01031C2F-7BDC-4515-9990-620CC035F9E0.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 3EBBB046-70DA-4EA9-8D0A-01C5AD1FD741.jpeg
    3EBBB046-70DA-4EA9-8D0A-01C5AD1FD741.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 3CCBDDA6-A347-41BF-80B2-2CC9001EDBBE.jpeg
    3CCBDDA6-A347-41BF-80B2-2CC9001EDBBE.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 168
I like the general colors. My only suggestion for the inlay is consider altering the font, that "E" and "L" look very similar in "Jewel" and I think it makes it hard to read.

I like the general colors. My only suggestion for the inlay is consider altering the font, that "E" and "L" look very similar in "Jewel" and I think it makes it hard to read.
Yeah it’s a weirdly similar style. Wanted all the colors to be bright and vibrant but there are only so many bright colors offered by CPC and found myself using the same colors on different chips.

Still a work in progress, for sure. Thanks for the feedback!

The spot progression is sort of ruined by the $1, IMO. Also, given that the $1’s spot pattern is so complex, it would be very expensive, which is a factor to consider for a $1 chip you’re probably buying a few racks of.

Other than that, the inlay’s pretty nice, but I think the crown design needs a bit of refinement. The colors on it are completely solid and it has sharp edges, which make it feel very rough. You should get a professional designer for the inlay if you move forward with the set.

Also, try to use more variations of colors, you could make a few dirty stack problems by using so many similar colors. And to help with that, if you haven’t already, get some color and mold samples, you might be surprised how different they look and feel in-person from the chip designer tool.

I also think the text is good, but the crown could be done in similar whimsical cartoon style as the text, maybe you can ask somebody to draw one on fiverr or so?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom