The Coal Mine - design help & ideas anyone? Sample set to whoever helps! (1 Viewer)

Pinesol13

Flush
Reaction score
I've decided on my next poker chip project. I've been doing some research on my family name and I've traced it back to Germany, the name originated from people with the occupation of Charcoal Burner or families that owned coal mines. So I thought "The Coal Mine" might make a nice starting point for a custom chip set. I am 99% sure this will be a ceramic set from ABC. There is a 1% chance I go with Gear labels for some blanks that I have.

If anyone has any ideas or wants to take a crack at the beginnings of a design I'd appreciate the help! I'm thinking of going the whole 9 yards with this and getting a custom dealer button, rebuy chips, bounty chips, seating chips and maybe even plaques for higher denoms.

As a bonus I've decided that anyone who contributes something that makes it into the final design I will send them a free sample set.

As a disclaimer I will say that I plan on completing this set sometime in the next 12 months. Could be 1 month, could be 12... so anyone who will be getting a sample I ask for your patience :) Thanks!

Google coal mining logos and see what comes up. For example:

They seem to be mainly pick axes, hard has, mine cars and lamps. I like the one in the middle with the mountain and mine-car. There are also modern logos with trucks, cranes, diggers etc. Then have a designer make something up based on what you like.

Maybe have the light from the miner's hat illuminate the denomination.

View attachment 287659

They seem to be mainly pick axes, hard has, mine cars and lamps. I like the one in the middle with the mountain and mine-car. There are also modern logos with trucks, cranes, diggers etc. Then have a designer make something up based on what you like.

Thanks! I like the middle one as well. Definitely want to include a mine-car

I've been playing around with a few ideas. Still needs a lot of work. I finally broke down and got Adobe Illustrator, I've been trying to watch a lot of tutorials on youtube to get comfortable with it, but I figure that will take a while.

View attachment 287659

I really like this theme, GL @Pinesol13

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom