The Button (on reddit) (1 Viewer)

jbutler

Royal Flush
Reaction score
maybe the only time i've ever thought, "man, i should have started a reddit account." i just want to press the button and yet, i also want the satisfaction of refusing the press the button.

Reddit - The Button

anyone have an button-eligible account (must have registered prior to April 1)? did you click? will you?

i actually went on eBay to buy a non-presser account, but they're too high as BINs. would pay $10ish prob.

Non-presser as well. Might press if it looked like sub 10 was possible...

the broader effects of button pressing are as yet unknown.

I totally missed it on the first and found it through r/all last night. Clicked it before knowing what was happening. No regrets.

Clicked it before knowing what was happening. No regrets.

you didn't even know what you had and you just gave it away.

NO-RAGRETS-15-Photos.jpg

your questions will only lead to more questions. see true knowledge here.

What is Reddit....
haha I have heard of it but never also really knew what it is. I am 32 and should be really into computers and social media stuff but I am lucky I even know how to upload pics on this site haha. I used to be good as a teen with downloading stuff and using electronics but I feel like an 80 year old now when it comes to all the new stuff coming out like reddit, twitter, instagram etc. Isnt instagram and twitter only for celebrities???

ok just bought a button virgin account for $5. now i have to make some decisions...

better than my mtv's the real world binge-watching thread at least.

i don't recall a button that could be pressed in the real world thread so yeah.

Social media experiment.... See if we can make something that does absolutely nothing an internet phenomenon that people are willing to pay for lol

I still dont get it. there has to be something you get for pushing it? or it says something?

depending on who you asked you get either:

(a) the satisfaction of a button well-pressed; OR
(b) the lifelong knowledge that you couldn't even keep yourself from pressing a button.

Social media experiment.... See if we can make something that does absolutely nothing an internet phenomenon that people are willing to pay for lol

pretty sure the entirety of the internet has already answered that in the affirmative.

i'm 70% sure i'll press, but will wait for orange, maybe red.

The timer is reset to 60 seconds when someone hits the button.

When you press, you are permanently given a different color flair. (The dots next to the posts on the Button sub.)

The color changes as the counter goes down.

We have yet to see a time lower than 35 seconds.

• (Purple) 60s-52s
  • (Blue) 51s-42s
  • (Green) 41s-32s
  • (Yellow) 31s-22s
  • (Orange) 21s-12s
  • (Red) 11s-1s
  • (Grey) Comment, but don't press the button.
The world does not know what will happen when the timer reaches zero... but The Knights of The Button have dedicated themselves to attempting to prevent that from every happening. There are several other cults around different colors of flair, such as The Emerald Council.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom