The Breezeway - CPC Customs (Solids) (1 Viewer)

btbmason

Flush
Reaction score
IMG_5018.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5019.JPG

IMG_5023.JPG

IMG_5006.JPG

IMG_5007.JPG

IMG_5008.JPG

IMG_5009.JPG

IMG_5011.JPG

IMG_5012.JPG

IMG_5013.JPG

IMG_5014.JPG

IMG_5015.JPG

IMG_5016.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

IMG_4726.JPG

IMG_4844.JPG

Last edited:
Some more information regarding this project can be found here -

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/mystery-cpc-custom-set-samples-closed.19476/

First and foremost, huge thank you to Steve @Quicksilver-75 for not only design work, but constant availability, feedback and patience with my many changes. Obviously also thank you to @David Spragg for making the chips, they turned out great and I didn't find an error in the batch.

I forgot to include the dealer button(s) in the new photos :oops: but some older photos of these were added at the bottom and can also be found in my other thread. I also didn't get any action shots like I was planning.

Here is the breakdown -

1 - Imperial Blue (100)
5 - Butterscotch (120)
25 - Green (120)
100 - Charcoal (120)
500 - Retro Lavender (40)
1000 - Canary (80)
5000 - DG Peach (20)

Other thanks go out to @Ray-Col for renders which helped me decide on final colors and provided a lot of in-depth opinions on color selection, @detroitdad and @Ronoh who let me bounce some ideas off of them during the design phase, @OldWestPokerSupplies for the buttons and @T_Chan for the wooden racks and the table that I really ought to use a lot more.

Last edited:
Your colors are all beautiful. The inlay is great, love the font. The B mold is pretty damn sharp too!

I hope they bring you many years of enjoyment and wins!

B e a utiful! Mold, inlay, colors - all intertwines so gracefully.

which helped me decide on final colors and provided a lot of in-depth opinions on color selection
Oh well, I can be pretty annoying at times. :D

Love it!

I always feel that solids have to be well worked out as there is no fancy-smanshy edge spots to make up for any poor inlay/colour/mold choice.

All bang on in my opinion! Great (but obvious!) mold choice, and love the butterscotch too, a good colour, underused.

Nice job man! Love love love the inlay and solid color choices. Congrats on a great set.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

A couple closing thoughts after getting a small amount of game play in with these chips

- I like Imperial Blue a lot as a color, but as a solid it gets lost in the color of my felt from across the table. The lighting in the breezeway isn't the best, which also results in the T1 and the (Green) T25 looking pretty close in color when stacked in dim light. If for some reason I end up making another order on this mold, I may do a secondary T1 chip in Light Blue or White.

- I know most people don't like oversized inlays, but with a photo inlay where the main focus is the photo, I kind of regret not going with 1 1/16" inlay which was available for this mold. I think I may have benefited from a little more space to spread everything out.

Overall though I'm still very happy with the end product, especially for my first foray into full customs.

They offer the giant inlay for the B mold. I'm pretty sure for at least some designs it still isn't recommended. I contemplated it for my Sunset chips but I believe Spragg suggested against it. I can't remember the exact reasons why.

I don't have my sample set in hand yet. I think the design looks great as it. I think the b mold shines better with the 7/8th inlay.

That butterscotch $5 is the nuts, Brett. I'm glad you stuck to it because it is so unique. As others have pointed out the colors you've chosen flow nicely together. Great set!

They offer the giant inlay for the B mold. I'm pretty sure for at least some designs it still isn't recommended. I contemplated it for my Sunset chips but I believe Spragg suggested against it. I can't remember the exact reasons why.

I don't have my sample set in hand yet. I think the design looks great as it. I think the b mold shines better with the 7/8th inlay.

I have relatively bad eyesight, so I think that when I first got them compared to seeing larger images on my screen, the inlay looked too small in comparison. Also when they are on the table and not near me, it's almost impossible to make out the denom.

I never brought up the oversized inlay to Steve or David to see how it looked and/or if it was possible, I just know it's offered on this mold.

I never brought up the oversized inlay to Steve or David to see how it looked
And you didn't brought it up to me either. :unsure:
Nevertheless, not a fan of it at all as the big inlay weakens the mold considerably imho. You did it right! (y) :thumbsup:
[EDIT] Oh - and 'Frankfort, Indiana' had to be placed elsewhere :LOL: :laugh:

samples_1-16.jpg

And you didn't brought it up to me either. :unsure:
Nevertheless, not a fan of it at all as the big inlay weakens the mold considerably imho. You did it right! (y) :thumbsup:
[EDIT] Oh - and 'Frankfort, Indiana' had to be placed elsewhere :LOL: :laugh:

samples_1-16.jpg

Thanks Rainer!

Yeah it would have needed some tweaking, but ideally I'd have aimed for the circular design to fill up the full area in the middle of the chip, and the white border/ring would be the overlap onto the mold.

I have no idea whether or not that would have been possible given how much space you need around the design for printing variance.

Beautiful colors and chips!
I personally prefer the small inlay since it gives more space to the solid but I have to say that with minor tweaks the big would do its job too. Just with a different feeling.

Nice set congratulations!

I may be going for the shortest lifespan of a custom set.

For various reasons, my wife and I have decided to start the process of relocating which will mean moving on from this house. We've been here for almost exactly one year and while every place I've lived will hold an important place in my memory, I don't think this house will need to be forever immortalized in my poker chip collection in the form of a playable set. Of course this was supposed to be the last house I ever bought, but, well, things change.

I'm going to start the process of pulling the inlays and working on a new design/labels to fill the chips. No sense in wasting a good set. I'll try to come up with something that'll last a little longer this time, I'm going for 6 months with the next design :rolleyes:

I'll still hang onto a couple of sample sets to display, and there are still a bunch of samples out in the wild too so it won't be completely forgotten.

Thanks again to Steve (@Quicksilver-75) for the amazing artwork, and many many apologies for the fact that I'm going to destroy it about 1200 times with an x-acto knife.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom