The birth of a set - Cavalry Club cash (1 Viewer)

Great looking set!! I love the entire line up. three way tie for my favorite chip. 1-25-100.

Fantastic set! Great job! (y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:
This 500 chip is definetely one of my favorite!

I can't thank you enough my friend to have given up the idea of completing a Horseshoe club set...

Now i need to convince one or 2 guys more to give up as well or make them an offer they cant refuse... :sneaky:

offer.png

... and I'll be able to complete mine :whistle: :whistling:

Whelp, the last of the domestic sample deliveries has been completed, so that means it's time for - in the words of Paul Harvey - the *rest* of the pr0n!

All chips are labeled as NCV's, and are, in fact, without value at the table.

First up, the would-be drop chip of the Cavalry Club, the $4. Happy Independence Day, America!

P1020360.JPG

Coming up next we have the chip that exemplifies the reason I *really* wanted to post up a piece of pr0n on November 10th. To all my Marines out there, Oohrah & Happy Birthday! Note the updated location line.

P1020359.JPG

This next one is for the birds. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

P1020358.JPG

Following that, I know not everyone celebrates it, but this household does. Merry Christmas to you & yours (and if you celebrate something else, happy that! A safe, healthy, & happy holiday season to everyone!)

P1020357.JPG

Just one week later it's time to celebrate again. Happy New Year! I had originally chosen a party hat for the central icon on this one, but it simply didn't look right nor communicate the new year effectively. I'm much happier with the final result here. Also, THIS vvv is what bright white was reserved for. Much more appropriate place for it, IMO.

P1020371.JPG

They say to begin with the end in mind. Here, we're ending the way we began, finally paying off the very first tease offered on this set. And for anyone paying attention at home it should be pretty obvious what it's going to be. Snapper time!!!

P1020361.JPG

WHAT??? A blue snapper from you? Yeah, yeah, I know...it's very out of character for me. Thing is, the original set didn't GAF when it came to colors, nor do Vegas snappers in general. And so it is with these.

I want to thank everyone who decided to have faith in me and buy the sample sets blind. I hope you understand now why I couldn't quite reveal what you were getting up front & give you the same effect. Originally the plan was going to be to get these to you ahead of the holidays, and then reveal each one publicly when the calendar flipped to the right day. Life had other plans. Nonetheless, thank you for your faith and your patience. Nobody is happier than I am to finally get these posted!

And now for a few group shots...

P1020383.JPG

P1020425.JPG

P1020426.JPG

P1020442.JPG

P1020455.JPG

Just one week later it's time to celebrate again. Happy New Year! I had originally chosen a party hat for the central icon on this one, but it simply didn't look right nor communicate the new year effectively. I'm much happier with the final result here. Also, THIS vvv is what bright white was reserved for. Much more appropriate place for it, IMO.

p1020371-jpg.151589

Stunning

Best sets my eyes have ever seen (this and the Armory).
I can't imagine poker chips getting any better than that.
Respect!

Best sets my eyes have ever seen (this and the Armory).
I can't imagine poker chips getting any better than that.
I greatly appreciate the kind words - thanks! I don't know, that they're worthy of such comment, though. I love what @Johnny5, CPC, and I created, but sets like @Mr Tree's Hitching Post, @abby99's Lady Luck Club, @toad94's Huntley Lodge and the more recent Knollwood's by @72o are all pretty phenomenal sets - and HOFers to boot. We all like what we like, but take a look at their pron and see if you don't think chips can be better.

I greatly appreciate the kind words - thanks! I don't know, that they're worthy of such comment, though. I love what @Johnny5, CPC, and I created, but sets like @Mr Tree's Hitching Post, @abby99's Lady Luck Club, @toad94's Huntley Lodge and the more recent Knollwood's by @72o are all pretty phenomenal sets - and HOFers to boot. We all like what we like, but take a look at their pron and see if you don't think chips can be better.
Lots of imagination, fine taste and love for chips and the game in the above too, indeed.
I had taken a look on some of them, and on those in this year's HOF, as well. Objectively, you can only admit all of them are marvels.
It just seems that my personal taste corresponds best to yours. There may be sets I admire, but could or would never have made myself - they 're not "me". The Armory and the Cavalry Club, I can identify with.
PS: "Ferro Ferrum Acuitur" - congrats for this idea too!

It just seems that my personal taste corresponds best to yours....The Armory and the Cavalry Club, I can identify with.
Totally understand! Just wanted to make sure you had been exposed to some other great sets.

"Ferro Ferrum Acuitur" - congrats for this idea too!
The use of Latin was inspired by @courage's chips, and the phrase itself strikes at heart of what The Armory is about. I'm no bastion of poker prowess; if you can help me be a better player, please do. Conversely, if I can help you, I will. And all are welcome to hone their skill here, whether you're a cash or tourney player, microstakes or up to $5/$10 NL, you are valued here as long as Wheaton's Rule is followed.

I don't have the chips to spread a game larger than that, though, and if that's where you're comfortable playing...well, I'm happy to have you, but there are probably other, better places to accomodate your skill level.

The use of Latin was inspired by @courage's chips, and the phrase itself strikes at heart of what The Armory is about. I'm no bastion of poker prowess; if you can help me be a better player, please do. Conversely, if I can help you, I will. And all are welcome to hone their skill here, whether you're a cash or tourney player, microstakes or up to $5/$10 NL, you are valued here as long as Wheaton's Rule is followed.

I don't have the chips to spread a game larger than that, though, and if that's where you're comfortable playing...well, I'm happy to have you, but there are probably other, better places to accomodate your skill level.[/QUOTE]

Being very new here, I hadn't realized that "The Armory" is not imaginary!
Many thanks for your kind offer, although, in order to share the joy of playing on the same table, one of us would have to fly several thousands of miles!

PS: I would highly appreciate any feedback on my provisional "Athenian Owl" mock-up.

one of us would have to fly several thousands of miles!
It happens. Some folks from the US are flying to Iceland to participate in a meetup up there that @Gunnar is hosting. That's significantly closer to you. You should consider flying up there for that weekend and meeting some fellow chippers!

I would highly appreciate any feedback on my provisional "Athenian Owl" mock-up.
I've seen the thread & will be posting something in the next day or two. Short version: you've got a good start!

Wow, those hundos..... Mel must be salivating to add a barrel to her BOH collection. Well done!

How in the EFF did I completely miss this thread?!? I must’ve been spending early 2018 dead for tax reasons. Whatever the reason, I have no real excuse. Apologies. :oops:

Absolutely cracking set, Scott! Just fantastic.

Well done. :tup:

How in the EFF did I completely miss this thread?!? I must’ve been spending early 2018 dead for tax reasons. Whatever the reason, I have no real excuse. Apologies. :oops:

Absolutely cracking set, Scott! Just fantastic.

Well done. :tup:
I appreciate the bump, I missed it as well!

So I'm sittin here a year+ later oogling my sample set and I have to wonder...where the hell are the action shots, @Psypher1000! The home game pic thread is waiting!

Hope @Psypher1000 doesn't mind but here are some action shots from the Foray meetup with these verified awesome chips in play.

fb7198c9-4c93-4c36-bd88-d55637c561a2-jpeg.257864

d7082af9-f3e9-4c83-a993-f586d821eeb1-jpeg.257961

e23a685d-3e31-4116-91e8-3ad151d9f805-jpeg.257980

27e2e8eb-fb16-4e01-96c0-8e3644e604a0-jpeg.258081

5aa9047a-40c4-4a11-a7c0-aa433776f546-jpeg.258142

And an appearance of the elusive hundo in @David O 's stack.

b63dbbb9-e4e3-4e53-9e8f-84b493bd4b93-jpeg.258169

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom