The Aurora Star Chips (1 Viewer)

Laker285

Two Pair
Reaction score
So. How much would a set of 500 Aurora Chips be and are there sets out there for sale anywhere?
I would appreciate any insight and help. This is my dream set.

Beautiful chips. However, I'm no expert, but you're probably looking at $5.00+ per chip (depending on breakdown). Happy hunting :)

Well, until just recently, these were going for approx $4.50/chip pretty regularly. But, the way the market has been the past few months, who the hell knows - it’s certainly a sellers market atm.

Well, until just recently, these were going for approx $4.50/chip pretty regularly. But, the way the market has been the past few months, who the hell knows - it’s certainly a sellers market atm.
I’m assuming people will hold their sets until they get around that $5/chip offer for the entire thing? Maybe they don’t have a secondary set around to play with until securing new one’s?

Seems like the most profitable way of making money from these bad boys is selling individually. I’ve offered to buy a rack at a time at $7.00/chip and crickets. While they might make $3,500 over the course of 10 weeks, $2500 in one payment is better. Trying to rationalize it in my head. With sets like these, money probably isn’t the motivating factor in a deal. Maybe it’s the pursuit of other chips or something else.

Been thinking that for a while now...
Starting to realise that even if 30-40% of (new) members drop off after Covid...new prices are here to stay.
Some chips hit the value mark on introduction or close after that....some chips need to age to hit the big numbers.

When the boat chips came to market, a bubble in prices was to be expected.
Since the the overload in awsome chips, the AS tourney chips started at 2.5/3 if I remember well.
These were the 'budget' version of the boat offerings.

But now, people see the real value....I don't think there is a better hotstamped tourney set out there (in real volume).
Looking at current RHC prices...5-6 per chip is to be expected (and not outragous)

Ps. i'm starting to add up the current value of my sets....

1618602646086.png

1618602661262.png

1618602682300.png

1618602714494.png

Been thinking that for a while now...
Starting to realise that even if 30-40% of (new) members drop off after Covid...new prices are here to stay.
Some chips hit the value mark on introduction or close after that....some chips need to age to hit the big numbers.

When the boat chips came to market, a bubble in prices was to be expected.
Since the the overload in awsome chips, the AS tourney chips started at 2.5/3 if I remember well.
These were the 'budget' version of the boat offerings.

But now, people see the real value....I don't think there is a better hotstamped tourney set out there (in real volume).
Looking at current RHC prices...5-6 per chip is to be expected (and not outragous)

Ps. i'm starting to add up the current value of my sets....

View attachment 679033
View attachment 679034
View attachment 679035
View attachment 679036
I got into these in August of 2019, about 5 months after I joined. I scored a 600 set, for a price that doesn't fit today's market.

Getting addons at $3.75/chip was normal in my first year here, and I even scored some for $3.50. I even let go of a few finds, also containing the elusive T1Ks, and helped others first. $4/chip was the price for T25K. I paid $3.75 for many of my addons from a few different sellers.

Man, did I have a tough time to finish what all I got. I did reach paying $5/chip for the last 4 barrels or so. It happened during Covid. Coincidence or not? That's beyond my intelligence, but has to be part of it. People just holding on?

I've got extras and I've seen the wanted ads. Could care less if the offers were for $7+ , noway I'd sell these beauties. Even my extra, I would only trade for other chips I need. No amount of cash offered would make me budge.

Has to be a few other owners like minded. Hence the scarcity and crickets in ads. Just my guess..

I'm starting to add up the current value of my sets....
I hear you there... a year ago, it was still relatively easy to track down chips, but recently it seems impossible. There's certainly a number of reasons for it. Frankly though, given what I suspect it would take to pry free some Big Top cash chips atm, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not just better off unloading the whole set and being done with it.

I hear you there... a year ago, it was still relatively easy to track down chips, but recently it seems impossible. There's certainly a number of reasons for it. Frankly though, given what I suspect it would take to pry free some Big Top cash chips atm, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm not just better off unloading the whole set and being done with it.
I'd give it some time Conor. Such amazing colors on those chips. They won't come back, that's for sure. I'd ride it out a bit longer and see. Really wish you luck and hope you can score all that you seek to finish. I know you moved off the tourney side for the cash side. If I had me some Big Tops, I'd hold on a bit more. Sure, it's easier said than done...

Miracles do happen (I found my elusive 2 more racks of LCO 5s just the other week) but it sure has gotten a lot more difficult to find the good stuff lately

When the Boat Chips first came to light, there was a huge ruckus because so many thought that the original owners simply wanted to profit off the rest of the community.

Sure, some did sell. It's hard not to when the asking price was so high.

But once those moved, the true value of these chips came to light. The owners bought the chips because they wanted the chips. I have lightly considered selling, but all it would get me is a pile of money that I would piddle away. As long as I have Boat Chips, I have a piece of history, a piece of art, and a beautiful usable set of chips. It would take more than a pile of money to separate myself from these chips. It would take life-changing money.

…and even then I would tank before making a decision.

Good luck in your quest.

Last edited:
I'd give it some time Conor. Such amazing colors on those chips. They won't come back, that's for sure. I'd ride it out a bit longer and see. Really wish you luck and hope you can score all that you seek to finish. I know you moved off the tourney side for the cash side. If I had me some Big Tops, I'd hold on a bit more. Sure, it's easier said than done...

Miracles do happen (I found my elusive 2 more racks of LCO 5s just the other week) but it sure has gotten a lot more difficult to find the good stuff lately

Yeah, I'm not really in any danger of selling those. I like them far too much - I'm just in a mood today! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I got my first 400 chips from Dan @MegaTon44 and was quickly able to add what I needed.

600 total (2 table set-up)

160 T25
160 T100
80 T500
160 T1000
30 T5000
10 T25K

These will live in Belgium indefinitely
That’s awesome man. I hope I can find a set someday. I really want them.

When the Boat Chips first came to light, there was a huge ruckus because so many thought that the original owners simply wanted to profit off the rest of the community.

Sure, some did sell. It's hard not to when the asking price was so high.

But once those moved the true value of these chips came to light. The owners bought the chips because they wanted the chips. I have lightly considered selling but all it would get me is a pile of money that I would piddle away. As long as I have Boat Chips, I have a piece of history, a piece of art, and a beautiful usable set of chips. It would take more than a pile of money to separate myself from these chips. It would take life-changing money.

…and even then I would tank before making a decision.

Good luck in your quest.
Thank you. Hopefully one day I’ll get a set

Yeah, I was in a financial bind and an expensive tournament set was the best victim. We rarely play tournaments anyway so it was a stupid on the whim purchase that I made
Did you have the Aurora star set? Is that the one you sold?

I sold a 520 tourney set recently for $2800
Wow! That’s a good sale. We’re they the best chips?

An Aurora Star thread deserves some pr0n.

IMG_5612.JPG

As long as I have Boat Chips, I have a piece of history, a piece of art, and a beautiful usable set of chips.

I enjoyed this part from @Poker Zombie's post ^^

My thought process falls in line with Mr. Zombie, @Jeevansluck and @Thomacetti. I don't see myself parting with my set any time in the future.

I must say though, the AS tourney really are amazing in person.

I spent the longest time looking at them and thinking "meh", especially the t1000.

But in person you realise that they are the perfect tourney set.

The tourney chips are going for $6/chip, min, in sets. No clue on separates.

Cash chips are also pricey but are a bit all over the map, with the $5s and .25s being the most difficult to come by, it seems. I haven’t seen $5s for sale in awhile and guess that those would go for $10/per and the rest in descending order with the $1s the lowest around $4/chip. Total guesswork, though, especially now with the Paulson mania putting new chips like this at a mega premium.

Agree with the sentiment that the AS tourney set is the best hot stamped set I’ve seen, though I don’t think there’s much of a history and what there is isn’t remarkable to me. Chips stand on their own.

Good luck!

The tourney chips are going for $6/chip, min, in sets. No clue on separates.

Cash chips are also pricey but are a bit all over the map, with the $5s and .25s being the most difficult to come by, it seems. I haven’t seen $5s for sale in awhile and guess that those would go for $10/per and the rest in descending order with the $1s the lowest around $4/chip. Total guesswork, though, especially now with the Paulson mania putting new chips like this at a mega premium.

Agree with the sentiment that the AS tourney set is the best hot stamped set I’ve seen, though I don’t think there’s much of a history and what there is isn’t remarkable to me. Chips stand on their own.

Good luck!
I sold 2 racks of $1s and 3 racks of $5s just yesterday for $3 and $5.25/chip respectively.

There was a sale just the other month for 4 racks of $5s for the same price and $1s seem to go pretty consistently for $3/chip. The only denomination that seems to have skyrocketed in the past six months is the $0.25 chip, for whatever reason.

Reactions: BNM
I sold a tournament set recently for $8+/chip on like 1800 chips.

For cash chips I think fair value for $5’s is at least $8/chip.

All opinions of course.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom