The Armory 1/4 pie cash set? (1 Viewer)

Psypher1000

Straight Flush
Reaction score
So after more staring, playing with the designer tool, handling chips, and discussing, I've re-imagined the cash set as a 1/4 pie set. Would use white labels with this one.

I'm particularly interested in your thoughts on how this set vs. other cash set. Should The Armory stick with 1/4 pies? That spot pattern is inherently limiting when sticking with just two colors (and I won't go tri-colored), but I think I've got a viable line-up here.

Denoms are as follows:

Grey - nickle
Orange - quarter
Yellow - $1
Red - $5
Brown - $20
Black - NCV/$100

The Armory Cash Set Alt v1.png

I think your 1/4 set is a classic and I would leave it on it's own. I would find another great pattern to repeat.

So after more staring, playing with the designer tool, handling chips, and discussing, I've re-imagined the cash set as a 1/4 pie set. Would use white labels with this one.

I'm particularly interested in your thoughts on how this set vs. other cash set. Should The Armory stick with 1/4 pies? That spot pattern is inherently limiting when sticking with just two colors (and I won't go tri-colored), but I think I've got a viable line-up here.

Denoms are as follows:

Grey - nickle
Orange - quarter
Yellow - $1
Red - $5
Brown - $20
Black - NCV/$100

View attachment 15855

For some reason, and it could just be me. Your other 1/4 pie set feels like there is a flow to it. This one however does not. Probably to harsh, but it feels discombobulated.

I think your 1/4 set is a classic and I would leave it on it's own. I would find another great pattern to repeat.

I agree, let the last set speak for itself. Use this set to come up with something different and inventive.

Plus there are SOOOOO many spot combos and colors to work together, a tourney set with same spot combo is pretty standard, but all the cash game chips matching spot combo is much rarer.

Get rid of the OCD ( i have it too) and explore the many options and wonderful spot combos

For some reason, and it could just be me. Your other 1/4 pie set feels like there is a flow to it. This one however does not. Probably to harsh, but it feels discombobulated.

I agree, let the last set speak for itself. Use this set to come up with something different and inventive.

I want to add with my negative comments towards this. Your Armory tourney set is one of my favorites.

Perfect...thanks for the feedback! I'm leaning towards sticking with my original cash set idea but wanted to give this a shot to see if there was merit to it. I suspect it will remain, like so many cars, in the concept phase.

Not harsh at all. I prefer honesty to false platitudes and sycophants. Truth is, this concept was somewhat forced. I tried fitting my original cash set lineup into a 1/4 mold and the intitial mocks were downright dreadful. Trust me when I say this one is better, but I was still limiting myself to specific color combinations based on various things. What you see posted is the best I could come up with within those limitations. Sooo...yeah, discombobulated is probably pretty spot on.

Denoms are as follows:

Grey - nickle
Orange - quarter
Yellow - $1
Red - $5
Brown - $20
Black - NCV/$100

Interesting. Here's what I see:

Pink - nickle
Blue - quarter
Blue - $1
Green - $5
Blue - $20
Blue - NCV/$100

Don't do it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom