The Antonine Club (2 Viewers)

BonScot

Straight Flush
Reaction score
The Roman Emperor Antoninus Pius advanced his legions north of Hadrian’s Wall as far as modern day Glasgow where he built another wall known locally as the Antonine Wall.

The Romans managed to stay here for a few decades before a combination of the weather, the midges and psychotic hairy arsed Caledonians sent them back behind Hadrians Wall.

So with that in mind here’s an idea based on the history and a 60’s style theme.

7A82CA46-40A5-43E2-9795-449E5E6CE5D2.jpeg

70A0EFE3-5D01-46C2-A899-FC7A8F2A6904.jpeg

The inlay isn’t the final version. Anyone got any thoughts on these so far?

Denoms will be 25p, £1, £5. £20, £100

This has already gone through a few changes. The most up to date version is below

BDB41581-B64E-4BCD-8763-698672316945.jpeg
IMG_8086.jpeg

Last edited:
The Roman Emperor Antoninus Pius advanced his legions north of Hadrian’s Wall as far as modern day Glasgow where he built another wall known locally as the Antonine Wall.

The Romans managed to stay here for a few decades before a combination of the weather, the midges and psychotic hairy arsed Caledonians sent them back behind Hadrians Wall.

So with that in mind here’s an idea based on the history and a 60’s style theme.

View attachment 986252
View attachment 986253
The inlay isn’t the final version. Anyone got any thoughts on these so far?

Denoms will be 25p, £1, £5. £20
I'd go with a solid frac, personally — but that's just me, dude.

I was not aware that you could rotate the spots. Is there a rotate button that I’ve not noticed after all these years? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I like 212 fracs best, but prefer a solid over 112 given your $1 is already 212.

Maybe a 1/2 pie frac?

I get where you’re going with using A mold simply because of the A. But to me it doesn’t work for this theme. It feels forced.

Have you looked at scroll mold? Or HCE.
View attachment 986407
I thought about Scroll mould, especially as I’m thinking of getting the $20 made as a 44mm. Pity Roman mould is no longer available.

Should the prestige chip no be blue, Saltire and all that?

Good looking set though personally I’m not into the multi/single spits on both the blue and red. That’s just me.

I love the new colours on the £20 chip.....oh wait, they'll all £20! I love the new yellow chip :LOL: :laugh:
Not super in love with the frac, but I get the progression. I wonder if 2/3/4 spots would work on the 39mm chips? as opposed to the current 1/2/3

I love the new colours on the £20 chip.....oh wait, they'll all £20! I love the new yellow chip :LOL: :laugh:
Not super in love with the frac, but I get the progression. I wonder if 2/3/4 spots would work on the 39mm chips? as opposed to the current 1/2/3
Hmm you might be on to something…

I don't think you can mix 39mm and 44mm in the same order so you'll be subject to the 300 chip minimum for the 20s/100s or have to be very nice to David. You'll need a lot of patience as the 44mm molds run rarely. But here's a good example of someone pulling it off in style: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/making-a-splash-in-the-khoi-pond-cpc-39mm-44mm.35553/
Thanks for the heads up. That’s not a big problem as I’m still unsure if I want 44mm as they’re a pain to fit in a chip case. Probably stick with all 39mm if it’s an issue.

In fact I think you’ve made up my mind for me to stick to all 39mm.

F19756E4-DF8E-4C00-8691-C25160DE8804.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. That’s not a big problem as I’m still unsure if I want 44mm as they’re a pain to fit in a chip case. Probably stick with all 39mm if it’s an issue.

In fact I think you’ve made up my mind for me to stick to all 39mm.

View attachment 987741
I'd probably change the spot on the first two chips and tweak a few colours, but it's looking great, mate!

Zombodroid_16092022074959.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom