The Affair In Angel Fire II - Oct 13-16, 2021 - New Mexico

k9dr

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Planning to arrive on Sunday 10-Oct, just booked my hotels for the drive down and back. A place to crash at your house is greatly appreciated, thank you!

If you go thru any cities that Southwest flies into on the way to Angel Fire, I will try to arrange my flights to coincide - maybe Colorado Springs ?

inca911

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you go thru any cities that Southwest flies into on the way to Angel Fire, I will try to arrange my flights to coincide - maybe Colorado Springs ?
I’m staying in Sidney NE on Saturday night 09Oct before and on Sunday evening 17Oct after. Colorado Springs is just a 15min detour. Should be able to make something work!

Last edited:

k9dr

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m staying in Sibley NE on Saturday night 09Oct before and on Sunday evening 17Oct after. Colorado Springs is just a 15min detour. Should be able to make something work!

Maybe Sibley, MO ?? Can't find a Sibley, NE.

travelgirl

High Hand
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a brisket and onion rings kind of day. Will be a good road trip over to Red River for the meetup
D2BBF86B-A814-4676-AB07-A939AEFCC8F2.jpeg

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is still rumor of a few other locals @Seeking Alpha Social Club and @MikesDad making the trip. I was told that @ekricket and @travelgirl are very close to a ski resort and that this would be off season and possibly we could rent something slightly larger with a few rooms for a resonable price.

Of course that depends on whom wants to go and for how long. I was kind of thinking a Wednesday flight, get out there and settled (possibly poker Wednesday because I have issues) and returning on Sunday.

Of course this does not mean a local east coast only house, I am open to discuss with anyone interested, but if we could get a larger place it wouldn't probably cost as much per room if people were interested.

We are still trying to hash out details of our Vegas convention trip so this one has been back burner, but honestly should probably be getting on this one sooner rather than later.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Ben

ekricket

Full House
Reaction score
There is still rumor of a few other locals @Seeking Alpha Social Club and @MikesDad making the trip. I was told that @ekricket and @travelgirl are very close to a ski resort and that this would be off season and possibly we could rent something slightly larger with a few rooms for a resonable price.

Of course that depends on whom wants to go and for how long. I was kind of thinking a Wednesday flight, get out there and settled (possibly poker Wednesday because I have issues) and returning on Sunday.

Of course this does not mean a local east coast only house, I am open to discuss with anyone interested, but if we could get a larger place it wouldn't probably cost as much per room if people were interested.

We are still trying to hash out details of our Vegas convention trip so this one has been back burner, but honestly should probably be getting on this one sooner rather than later.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Ben
It’s not near a ski resort, it is a ski resort, lol. There are tons of houses and condos to rent here. Literally hundreds of houses for rent. Basically if you don’t live here full time you rent your house/condo. There are ~1200 full time residents but our village supports 6000+ in peak season. So plenty of rentals.
One of the players in our group is a property manager here, managing 150 properties for rent. Anything from a one bedroom condo to a 7 bedroom multi million dollar home and anything in between can be had for pretty cheap I think.

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s not near a ski resort, it is a ski resort, lol. There are tons of houses and condos to rent here. Literally hundreds of houses for rent. Basically if you don’t live here full time you rent your house/condo. There are ~1200 full time residents but our village supports 6000+ in peak season. So plenty of rentals.
One of the players in our group is a property manager here, managing 150 properties for rent. Anything from a one bedroom condo to a 7 bedroom multi million dollar home and anything in between can be had for pretty cheap I think.
That sounds great Kevin. Anyone interested please shoot me a PM so maybe we can figure out the intrest.

Those on the fence thinking.... should I finally pull the trigger and attend a meet up, just do it!! Kevin and Lizz are both absolutely amazing people and you will truly have zero regrets, these things are an absolute ton of fun!! If you think the stakes are too high... Ben + Brie will keep you company at the kiddie table as always! Lol

slisk250

Straight Flush
Reaction score
That sounds great Kevin. Anyone interested please shoot me a PM so maybe we can figure out the intrest.

Those on the fence thinking.... should I finally pull the trigger and attend a meet up, just do it!! Kevin and Lizz are both absolutely amazing people and you will truly have zero regrets, these things are an absolute ton of fun!! If you think the stakes are too high... Ben + Brie will keep you company at the kiddie table as always! Lol

I forgot about Kevin offering real estate services. In that case, I’ll come Thursday if Ben wants to secure a house. All I need is a bed, bathroom and microwave. If there were a secure place to park a couple ATVs on a trailer nearby or in Kevin’s back yard......, that could seriously add to the non poker activities.

Dont know where you are flying into Ben but it goes without saying that I owe you, Brie, and Matt shuttle service. Doesn’t matter what airport, CO Springs is best for me but Santa Fe works too.

Kevin, if you want any guest sets I own at your meet I’d be happy to load them up.

natumes

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Ben8257 count me in for a room. I'll be down in the Albuquerque area all week visiting my wife's family so I'm flexible on dates, and I could also provide a ride up for anyone flying in. Happy to bring a guest set as well, I'll have at least one on hand anyways

ekricket

Full House
Reaction score
I forgot about Kevin offering real estate services. In that case, I’ll come Thursday if Ben wants to secure a house. All I need is a bed, bathroom and microwave. If there were a secure place to park a couple ATVs on a trailer nearby or in Kevin’s back yard......, that could seriously add to the non poker activities.

Dont know where you are flying into Ben but it goes without saying that I owe you, Brie, and Matt shuttle service. Doesn’t matter what airport, CO Springs is best for me but Santa Fe works too.

Kevin, if you want any guest sets I own at your meet I’d be happy to load them up.
You might consider coming a few days earlier than thurs if you can if you are bringing atvs.

ekricket

Full House
Reaction score
Is anyone doing an Air BnB?

There is talk of a house rent with a few of us. Not sure if Ben is leading the charge here. Kevin has a few houses in the crosshairs for us I think. I’m in for a couple nights.
Yeah! We have one house that I will put a deposit on this week, and there are a couple others right here that I can check into if we need a second one.

Top Bottom