The Affair In Angel Fire II - Oct 13-16, 2021 - New Mexico

ekricket

Full House
Reaction score
Elizabeth and I had a blast hosting last year, and we'd like to continue on hoping everything opens back up by the end of next year. This is mainly to get this on peoples radar for possible trips next year.

I don't have all the fine details yet, but it will follow the usual format of games starting as early as Wed, going through Sunday. Early arrivals are welcome and there is plenty to see and do in our corner of New Mexico. We bumped it up a week so some of the fall foliage will still be around, and maybe no snow yet.

We'd like to keep this open to any PCF member in good standing who wants to attend. Everyone needs to start somewhere so if this is your first get off the fence and come on down!

Date: October 13th-16th 2021

Where: Angel Fire, New Mexico - the far northeast corner of New Mexico, about 30 miles from Taos.

How to get here: Nearest airports are Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, or Denver. Amarillo is also on the list but its a hair further. If you have your own jet you can land here in Angel Fire, we have one of the highest runways you can land a commercial jet on in the US. As we get closer and flights leveled out we can arrange for shuttling people to and from the airport if you don't want to rent a car, or sharing cars till you get here. Getting a suburban or two here is not a problem.

Lodging: I've got some room at my house, a bedroom with a queen, a bedroom with two fulls, a twin in the loft, and two air mattresses for the loft if needed - Previous attendees (@Lil Tuna @detroitdad) and Meetup Hosts have priority. We also have one of the largest property managers in the area (150 properties) in our poker group, so we should be able to find some good houses is needed at a reasonable rate.

Local Attractions you may want to see (after coming this far)
Ojo Caliente Hot Springs
Rafting the Rio Grande
Hiking all over the place
Rio Grange Gorge Bridge and the Earthships
Taos
Santa Fe
The town of Red River
Fly fishing in the Cimmaron
NRA Wittington Center - gun heaven. I'm not kidding it's unreal. Bring your artillery and rent a cabin on the ranges.
Hikes to places unknown to the public - Climb Dead Mans Mesa (Ask @Lil Tuna )
And here in our valley we have Eagle Nest Lake and a couple small private lakes we can use.
Mount Capulin and Folsom - hike into the extinct volcano and see where some of the oldest tools made by man in North America were found

I'll post some pictures of last years event soon. Here is a link to last years event

(1) The Affair in Angel Fire - Oct 22-25, 2020 - New Mexico | Poker Chip Forum

Last edited:

natumes

3 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Planning on coming to this one! I think we are planning on the balloon festival the week before with my wife's family down in Albuquerque. Will it be too late to pick up a big sack of chile by then?

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one is going to be high on the list for us @ekricket … if we don't wind up getting seats for SQM coming up, then I truly think this will be a yes for Brie and I, even if we do get seats this may just have to be our second vacation for the year!! I love the southwest haven't been since 97 and Brie has never been west of the Mississippi. We were hoping to make it to the Great Divide this year but unfortunately Slisk is running that one the same weekend @Seeking Alpha Social Club . Which BTW other Kevin might be time to get out of town for a meet up sir. We could get a big enough rental that we could all split.

We will definitely discuss and may be willing to take you up on one of these rental properties... I say mark us down as a good possibility for now brother!!

fish72s

Flush
Reaction score
This sounds great. I'd love to attend.
Not sure where I'll be next October, probably back in Florida. But there is a
decent change I'll be spending next fall in Colorado again. The AiAF is one
more good reason to go back:)

ekricket

Full House
Reaction score
And if anyone wants to come REAL early, the slopes are open and the snow is really good right now

4265725A-47B8-41A8-8062-3BA15DB13FAB.jpeg
6660A6A8-A70E-42C3-A3D7-D299441FA114.jpeg
84760A9E-85A4-48F4-B9F0-E956C8663336.jpeg
27EC2944-48B5-4069-84B3-ED3F8C65528E.jpeg
30413FE0-887C-40E1-92D0-FBC072A4A05C.jpeg

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never been to NM.. add me to the list of possibles
Sounds like a blast
No idea how I didn't see this post Dennis, I truly hope we both decide to go!! And Kevin @Seeking Alpha Social Club thinking about making the trip as well! Maybe we can all talk about a rental car and going in on a rental property together? I realize maybe some of us would be going for different periods of time but if we get enough people together I think we can work something out!!

@travelgirl you guys are booking the big guys... without a doubt this is going to be bigger than last year! Exciting stuff guys!

Ben8257

4 of a Kind
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Probably wait a few more weeks to have Brie ask her new employer if another trip is ok, I imagine with this much warning it will not be an issue. Very close to saying 100% count us in! Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Also I do not see @JeepologyOffroad on the list there but I have spoke with him about this and believe he is possibly interested as well.

Top Bottom