The Acres Quarter Pie tourney idea (1 Viewer)

Beakertwang

Royal Flush
Tourney Director
Reaction score
I've been working on this. Some of the colors and minor details would need to be tweaked, but this set would be awesome!
The Acres Quarter Pie fade.png

Looks pretty good. Have you mocked up some quarter pies with only using two colors per chip? It almost feels like business of the colors takes away from the inlay. I could be wrong. Just an initial thought.

Looks pretty good. Have you mocked up some quarter pies with only using two colors per chip? It almost feels like business of the colors takes away from the inlay. I could be wrong. Just an initial thought.

You may find this surprising, but I've done dozens of different mockups for potential quarter pie sets. :D

I like the 2-color ones. These are my favorite individual chips (especially the 500), but I'm not sure how well they would work together with the white spots.

Quarter pie tourney (white spot).png

58C3B88B-2092-4437-AF46-EB902D496BE9.jpeg

One word of caution. I have a few color blind players who really struggle with these chips. 100 vs 1000 is a problem.

You may find this surprising, but I've done dozens of different mockups for potential quarter pie sets. :D

I like the 2-color ones. These are my favorite individual chips (especially the 500), but I'm not sure how well they would work together with the white spots.

View attachment 233961

I prefer your first mockup. The constant white across the set reminds me of the sad looking Wynn tourney chips that were the subject of recent conversation. *womp womp*

First set in OP is the tits. Love the ROYGBIV approach. Whether intentional or not. Although a 1/4pie of white in the t100 would be fun to cover the color gamut. Just sayin'.

giphy (1).gif

I also like the first Set. Not much contrast between the 500 and 25,000 but you could work that out (I don't think they would be in play at the same time)

I know I probably wouldn't need a 25k anyway. I've toyed with the idea of doing 25/100/500/2000/10,000, like this (ignore the inlays).
qtr pie alternate.png

I know I probably wouldn't need a 25k anyway. I've toyed with the idea of doing 25/100/500/2000/10,000, like this (ignore the inlays).View attachment 233965

If your going to roll with a three color quarter pie set I like this one the best. I think the 1k needs a touch of work. The white on the 25k looks out of place.

Lock up the 25, 100, and 500. Damn sexy. I'd take a sample set. These look sharp!

I was going to head to the basement and take some pictures of my quarter pie samples, but I don't want to disturb the dogs

20190106_131516.jpg

A couple more ideas:

Match the gradient to the darkest color.

Acres 1:4 pie dark.png

And one experimental with gradient from dark to light on the diagonal. I may work on this more another time.
Acres 1:4 experiment.png

If you're going to do the diagonal gradient, start the dark part of the gradient opposite the dark quarter of the chip and see how that looks.
Yeah, and I better get going on it, too, as I only have 3 to 4 years before I can afford my custom CPC set! :D

The labels need some work, but I'm liking the gradient from light to dark.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom