THC Leaded Goodness ! (2 Viewers)

Ringer3

Flush
Reaction score
I wanna put me together a nice set of colorful THC's.. Advice please ?
Love the older leaded ones, heavy, buttery !
Maybe there is someone out here that might have some for sale ??

Old-fashioned leaded solids, touched by Doyle Brunson and Stu Ungar?
5300.jpg

The deep wallet is right! I went back and forth on this, but just can't justify the money. For a complete set that will actually get used, I can't see spending more than $1/chip for a set that my buddies will be using in our home games. I decided on some nice, colorful sets that are available for under $0.50/chip that I can always add to later. Good luck whatever you decide though! We want to see pics too :)

The deep wallet is right! I went back and forth on this, but just can't justify the money. For a complete set that will actually get used, I can't see spending more than $1/chip for a set that my buddies will be using in our home games. I decided on some nice, colorful sets that are available for under $0.50/chip that I can always add to later. Good luck whatever you decide though! We want to see pics too :)
Yeah, im with you on that ! Ive had several different sets in the past, and to be honest, the ones that the players enjoyed playing with the most were the Tiki Kings. They're a ceramic set but with bright colors and good quality also. Ive had the THC sets and my buddies are like, oh those are nice but when are we gonna play with the Tiki Kings again, lol... So yeah mainly just looking around to see whats out there.. To me the buttery feel of a THC leaded are just sweet ! But the majority of players don't really even pay much attention to it..

Yeah, im with you on that ! Ive had several different sets in the past, and to be honest, the ones that the players enjoyed playing with the most were the Tiki Kings. They're a ceramic set but with bright colors and good quality also. Ive had the THC sets and my buddies are like, oh those are nice but when are we gonna play with the Tiki Kings again, lol... So yeah mainly just looking around to see whats out there.. To me the buttery feel of a THC leaded are just sweet ! But the majority of players don't really even pay much attention to it..

I actually just had my first live games back since Covid this past weekend, both on Sat/Sun with two separate groups. They loved everything about the Dunes China Clays (used as a test run to see how they would handle "nicer" chips), but seemed ambivalent when I showed them the Paulsons. I bet actually handling and playing with them will change things, but it is funny knowing that my 1,000 CCs are worth less than just one rack of my leaded $1s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom