That was a bust (1 Viewer)

statoncj

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Well my auction was a bust -- not even a single bid. I had been advised on how to run it, but I must have missed the key points.

Any advice would be appreciated -- should I go to eBay? Relist differently?

V/R
CJ

You could run it again, or...

Look up recent sales, and sell them off by the barrel or single at competitive prices. Some may be interested in filling up racks and/or barrels.

It's got another week to run, right? But personally I think you'd be better of searching the classifieds for similar prices and then selling the denominations separately. The breakdown isn't very good as a stand-alone set so you're really looking for Scandia owners or people looking to relabel $500s or something.

Also, this post itself should not be in the classifieds section :)

Also, this would probably be more suited for the Poker Chips in General sub-forum.

I'm not surprised that they didn't get any bids. It's not because your price was unfair though. It's because your breakdown isn't appealing. Nobody wants those breakdowns unless they already have a set of these chips and are looking for spares to fill out their racks. People here want full racks of chips, and several of them to make a nice playable set for home games. Usually they want something like 100 fracs, 200 $1s, 400 $5s, 100 $25s, and a rack of $100s. Something like that. If I were you, I would just list them separately. Let people buy each denomination individually. Maybe around $2 to $3 each? $3 ea for the $5s and maybe $100s? and $2 ea for the others. They'll probably sell that way.

I sent you a PM before your auction began and again yesterday with interest in the $1, $5, and $25. If you go the "for sale" route, please respond to your PMs.

Way too long of an auction as well. People forget it even exists. IMO you don’t need to run an auction longer than a week, max!
I actually think the sweet spot is 72 hours, for this site!
Too long of an auction gives people that are interested, time to be uninterested, or find the same chips somewhere else.

I sent you a PM before your auction began and again yesterday with interest in the $1, $5, and $25. If you go the "for sale" route, please respond to your PMs.

lol. Why didn't you just buy the lot then?

Way too long of an auction as well. People forget it even exists. IMO you don’t need to run an auction longer than a week, max!
I actually think the sweet spot is 72 hours, for this site!
Too long of an auction gives people that are interested, time to be uninterested, or find the same chips somewhere else.
Or think they should wait till the end to bid and then forget about it as I've done on multiple auctions lol

lol. Why didn't you just buy the lot then?
Just looking for a few barrels of specific spots, less than half his sale.

Guess I could drop in a bid on Monday if this auction is still live...

11 day auction ..... UGH :tdown:

3 days max, and even then, I think its too much. Unlike eBay, your thread will get buried within 500+ posts in that time frame and no one will see it. For that breakdown, sell them by denoms ..... make it one single for sale thread, name your price, then watch USPS take them away to their new homes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom