Thank you, PCF & Poker (1 Viewer)

HobokenNJ

Two Pair
Reaction score
I've been meaning to write a gratitude thread to PCF at some point. Thanksgiving seems like the right time.

About a year and a half ago, my mother passed -- early and unexpectedly. This put me in a deep funk, and I gained a bunch of weight.

Slowly I've been crawling out of this funk. For example, I've lost over 70 pounds since my peak and generally been living/eating better.

I've been helped by my friends and family. But I've also been helped by the general kindness of this forum & having poker as a hobby. There is just something nice to be able to come to a place where decency is the norm. In many small ways, participating in this forum just made me feel better. I know the stakes I play and the chips I have are at the very low end, but I've always felt welcome.

Somehow I've ended up with two sets (one tournament; one cash -- with the cash being custom), and built a quick & dirty blinds timer. It's been fun and I've happy to have this as a hobby.

In sum: please don't underestimate how the simple kindness of this forum can make a positive difference in people's lives. In this respect, please don't change.

Happy thanksgiving!

I've been meaning to write a gratitude thread to PCF at some point. Thanksgiving seems like the right time.

About a year and a half ago, my mother passed -- early and unexpectedly. This put me in a deep funk, and I gained a bunch of weight.

Slowly I've been crawling out of this funk. For example, I've lost over 70 pounds since my peak and generally been living/eating better.

I've been helped by my friends and family. But I've also been helped by the general kindness of this forum & having poker as a hobby. There is just something nice to be able to come to a place where decency is the norm. In many small ways, participating in this forum just made me feel better. I know the stakes I play and the chips I have are at the very low end, but I've always felt welcome.

Somehow I've ended up with two sets (one tournament; one cash -- with the cash being custom), and built a quick & dirty blinds timer. It's been fun and I've happy to have this as a hobby.

In sum: please don't underestimate how the simple kindness of this forum can make a positive difference in people's lives. In this respect, please don't change.

Happy thanksgiving!
Glad to read this today. Thank YOU for choosing to be a part of PCF.

This guy gets it. Happy Thanksgiving!

zcyxp.jpg

Glad to hear this!! Especially glad to hear it wasnt the opposite statement, that PCF made you poor LOL

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom