Texas Card House Live (1 Viewer)

AnteAndy

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
The Texas Card House looks to have their own livestreams for cash and tournament games. Looking to fill in the gap that Stone Live Poker left since the Postle scandal.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLb2c-d9mNgI5bdsgvYW5ow/videos

I'm glad they're doing this. The thing I liked originally about Stones was they livestreamed cash games a few times a week they you can actually go back and watch whenever, than with Live at the Bike you can only watch it all while it is streaming. So far the games look good for TCH Live.

Also noticed that they still use Claysmith chips, which is my only grip with the place. Wonder if someone attempts to create their labels for some Claysmiths to bring into the place.

I really like this live stream. Their 1/3 match stack game seems action packed, would love to eventually make it down there to play!

A couple years back I sat next to Wes Cutshall at a $400 circuit event for several hours. Super nice dude. I beat him a couple times blind v blind before I busted. He won so it worked out for him. Feel free to root for Wes.

A couple years back I sat next to Wes Cutshall at a $400 circuit event for several hours. Super nice dude. I beat him a couple times blind v blind before I busted. He won so it worked out for him. Feel free to root for Wes.

Actually found out about the TCH stream because of Wes' vlog. One of them mentioned him playing in it and got me to watch and happily find a stream I can go back and watch if I miss it. Really enjoy his vlog actually. Pleasantly surprised when I found it. Like his character, pretty funny, and just focuses on hands, which I like most in vlogs.

Oooo I gotta check that out. Also noticed that they are hand shuffling...is this the norm in Texas?

I really can't believe these places run uncapped games with up to $500 chips with just labeled mass produced Chinese penny chip. Crazy to me.

I haven't played at TCH, but I've previously played against a couple of the guys from the 1/16/2020 $1/$3 NLH stream in $5/$10 and $10/$20 limit mixed games at another card room in Austin.

Oooo I gotta check that out. Also noticed that they are hand shuffling...is this the norm in Texas?
Yes. I don't recall seeing shuffling machines in any of the places I've played.
The chips I've encountered are ceramics or slugged plastic chips.

I understand one of the players I know to have said that they are paying an extra fee to play at the live stream table. I just overheard that but didn't inquire further.

That's interesting re shuffling machines...I wonder why
My guess (for chips and shufflers) is that the Texas card room scene is such a gray area with them operating within loopholes that they do not want to make significant capital contributions. Venture is pretty risky. Also, speeding up the hands doesn’t matter that much when considering rooms run on time rake.

That's interesting re shuffling machines...I wonder why
A lot of these Austin rooms are charging a $10 daily fee (the are usually options for a month or a year at a greatly reduced rate) plus $10/hr for cash games and generally a flat fee for tournaments, but only see a couple games going a night during the week.
I suspect that they don't have the capital for custom chips and shufflers just yet. Also, they are operating in a gray area of Texas law and may not want to invest a bunch of money in infrastructure that future regulations (like, thou shalt only have equipment from state licensed vendors) may force them to abandon or replace.
Or, they might just be cheap.
Just speculation on my part.

My guess (for chips and shufflers) is that the Texas card room scene is such a gray area with them operating within loopholes that they do not want to make significant capital contributions. Venture is pretty risky. Also, speeding up the hands doesn’t matter that much when considering rooms run on time rake.
What he said.

Some of the Houston clubs have higher time charges. I think Prime charges $16/hr.
Yeah - Prime is more. I played with some guy at Lions that was telling the table that Prime was trying to recruit him since hes a 40+ hour a week player - he plays so often each week he said it would cost him 20k more a year to play at Prime.

I noticed on one of the (Austin) Texas Card House live streams that they (seemingly) have implemented a discount to the hourly rate based on how long you play on a given day. I seem to remember the commentator saying after 7 hours the discount was 40%.

I couldn't find the hourly rate on the Austin location's website, but from the website for the North Houston location:
Membership Dues
Daily: $10
Monthly: $30
Yearly: $300

Club Access Fees
Hourly Club Access: $13/Hour (tax already included)- (15 Minute Increments)
Tournament Club Access: Varies
Plus Sales Tax

I should add that my experience at all of the Texas card rooms that I have played in has been positive.
The one place I felt was the least positive (Full House Card Club in Austin) has closed it's doors.

I suppose that I should add that over the last 25 or 30 years I have played in some operations that I felt were pretty dodgy.

Last edited:
I noticed on one of the (Austin) Texas Card House live streams that they (seemingly) have implemented a discount to the hourly rate based on how long you play on a given day. I seem to remember the commentator saying after 7 hours the discount was 40%.

I couldn't find the hourly rate on the Austin location's website, but from the website for the North Houston location:
Membership Dues
Daily: $10
Monthly: $30
Yearly: $300

Club Access Fees
Hourly Club Access: $13/Hour (tax already included)- (15 Minute Increments)
Tournament Club Access: Varies
Plus Sales Tax

Similar rates here in Lubbock, TX - we have 3 places, two are real nice...one is a dump.

i dont know but saw the live stream and it was horrible, the announcer spoke more about his hs sport announcement job then the actual action going on. Yup didnt watch that long.

i dont know but saw the live stream and it was horrible, the announcer spoke more about his hs sport announcement job then the actual action going on. Yup didnt watch that long.
Most of the time I just have the streams on mute and watch the action or listening to something else. Poker guys cash games I only recall listening with audio.

Most commentary in cash games are not that great anyway. Depends on who's commentating for the most part.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom