Tesla Model 3 (1 Viewer)

Anyone else reserving a Tesla Model 3 tomorrow ?

No, but I'm seriously considering one of these.

Lights.jpg
Most-Leg-Room.jpg

Model S or X would be a brag. Model 3 could retail < 30K after tax incentives.

My current car is about 3 years old and almost out of warranty. I have had several problems with it and am concerned about keeping it with an expired warranty.

My current car is about 3 years old and almost out of warranty. I have had several problems with it and am concerned about keeping it with an expired warranty.

I'd certainly consider one for myself at some point (the Model 3, probably not an S or an X).

Right now I'm free-rolling with my 13 year-old V70 with 151k miles on it :D

I was joking, :D forgot the ;)

Im always jealous of new cars even though i get one every few years. I dont trust my car(A4) out of warranty either since the one my wife had was a nightmare a few days after hers expired.

Unfortunately I live in the snow belt so any non AWD vehicle just wont cut it for me. Its not needed, but it really helps alot.

I figured you were joking.

I am really excited about the future of electric cars in general, and Tesla specifically. I know the Chevy Bolt will be out sooner, but I just don't trust Chevy to do it right.

I am hoping for a quantum leap in battery technology to make these truly practical.

I wouldn't get the volt either. I am a much bigger fan of the Tesla cars, although I probably wouldn't want one out of warranty and would lease.

My bro in law has a model S. thing flies. He also got in a car accident on the very first day he had it when some idiot backed into his car. He also travels 4-5 hours commuting from NJ to Mass regularly and has to alter his route to get to a charging station mid-trip

Are you reserving in store tomorrow, or online the next day ?

I am planning on visiting the Tesla store at lunch tomorrow - hopefully no lines.

I'd have to drive to Cleveland to get to the closest store, so online for me.
Michigan laws don't allow in state stores.

My bro in law has a model S. thing flies. He also got in a car accident on the very first day he had it when some idiot backed into his car. He also travels 4-5 hours commuting from NJ to Mass regularly and has to alter his route to get to a charging station mid-trip

I still don't think electric cars are practical for long trips, although friends of mine drove to Las Vegas from Florida last year for the WSOP. They planned their route based on the location of the superchargers.

I commute ~ 15 miles to work and would only need to charge at home most of the time.

....My current car is about 3 years old and almost out of warranty. I have had several problems with it and am concerned about keeping it with an expired warranty.

Gee, nobody ever had maintenance problems with a Fiat before. :cool:

(I actually put 90K miles on a 124 Spider in three years -- it was a hell of a lot more reliable than my Alfas...but I loved them all.)

Gee, nobody ever had maintenance problems with a Fiat before. :cool:

(I actually put 90K miles on a 124 Spider in three years -- it was a hell of a lot more reliable than my Alfas...but I loved them all.)

Futile Italian Attempt at Transportation, Fix It Again Tony, etc

I really enjoy driving my Abarth, and have even been considering the new 124 Spider as a bridge car to the Tesla.

Test driving a model S was the most fun I've ever had in a car. If the technology stabilizes and proves solvent from a business standpoint in the next decade, I can very much see myself driving a tesla someday. These cars are the real deal. Just remember that on the east coast the carbon footprint is actually larger for electric vehicles. That juice has to come from somewhere.

no more THUR. night games? or have I been removed from the invite list :)

not at all--the game has been dead in the water--going to be a tournament on the 2nd thurs of april--will copy you the invite
did i mention binking a 70 person, 110 buy-in tournament at the strat 2 weeks ago in vegas?

Car premieres tomorrow night at 11:30 PM EST - no official pics yet - just lots of speculation. I will be plunking down my deposit (refundable) sight unseen.

Dang, can't wait for the follow up pics. $1K deposit and refundable any time is pretty sweet too!

I am planning on going to the store after work in the morning. The only thing that will hold me back from reserving is if the Autopilot option pushes it out of my price range. As much as I like the idea of having to not pay for gas or oil changes ever again if I can't get it with the bells and whistles its just another car to me.

A lot of people talk about the range anxiety issue. If you are traveling the interstates you are never far from a charger. And the supercharger stations can take your car from dead empty to fully charged in under a half hour. For a long road trip that is very reasonable every 200-300 miles IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom