Tell me some one else has done this before (1 Viewer)

So, not with chips. But I actually sold three rifles once and my FFL shipped one of them to the wrong person. The Receiving FFL got this rifle they didn't order and just threw it in the stock room for 3 weeks till my buyer called me and we tracked it down..

I just mailed out 15+ packages, mostly padded envelopes. I was paranoid the whole time about messing up. Let’s hope I didn’t, but if I did that won’t surprise me either.

So, not with chips. But I actually sold three rifles once and my FFL shipped one of them to the wrong person. The Receiving FFL got this rifle they didn't order and just threw it in the stock room for 3 weeks till my buyer called me and we tracked it down..

Owch, I guess sending a rifle to the wrong person is a bit different then sending chips to the wrong person. At least you were able to track it down.

Anyone have a lot of chips coming and going and mix up labels sending chips to the wrong person?

I feel like an idiot!
Nope Never! :cool: I have had to double check packages before sealing though. There is a lot to take into account when doing a large group of orders! Hope you get it all resloved

During that Matsui WSOP GB I had to open up 20+ packages because I had leftover chips.

That was fun.

If running tournaments has taught me anything, its that you never seal an envelope until all envelopes are packed and you confirm that everything is right.

If running tournaments has taught me anything, its that you never seal an envelope until all envelopes are packed and you confirm that everything is right.

The kick to the dick was that all my counts and packages were right. I overlooked 2 sample sets.

Never mistakenly shipped chips to the wrong folks, but have received a package in error before (eBay seller). I notified him, and offered to remail the chips on to the right guy (which I did). The other guy sent his package back to the seller, who reshipped 'em to me.

Nope Never! :cool: I have had to double check packages before sealing though. There is a lot to take into account when doing a large group of orders! Hope you get it all resloved

Its resolved and wasn't that big of a deal because people in this community are very very cool to deal with! A lot of integrity here, you should all be proud of what you have built.

Never mistakenly shipped chips to the wrong folks, but have received a package in error before (eBay seller). I notified him, and offered to remail the chips on to the right guy (which I did). The other guy sent his package back to the seller, who reshipped 'em to me.
That's funny. I have had some shipped to me from overseas which were actually someone else's chips. I contacted the shipper and I shipped them to the correct buyer, Could you imagine what it would have cost the shipper if I shipped them back to him and then he had to reship? (names removed to protect the innocent)

Never shipped chips to the wrong person, however, I have dropped a package of chips at the PO, thankfully only one rack in a SFRB, without the label attached... Refunded the buyer immediately... Needless to say, never saw the chips again... It hurts knowing they are forever lost...

At the CO meet-up this year, I kept dropping my address in front of @detroitdad (subliminally of course) in the hopes that one of his sales will "accidentally" arrive at my doorstep some day... I figure the chances have to be high with that many sales.......... :p:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:;)

Did he/she accidentally send you PNY Chips? :D

Not chips - but sold two pairs of different high end Nike shoes to the wrong international buyers. Ooops. Everyone was good, and shipped to the right person, and I paid the shipping costs for my mistake.

Several years ago I accidentally selected "Austria" instead of "Australia" when creating a shipping label for something I sold. Despite everything else about the address being Australia, the package ended up in Austria.

Originally I was told that the customs office in Austria would (eventually) send it back to me and then I'd be responsible for reshipping it to Australia. That would have added several extra weeks to the delivery time to my customer, and another $60 in shipping costs I'd have to eat. Fortunately, the customs guy in Austria took pity on the geographically challenged American and just sent the package directly to Australia for me. Only downside was no one told me, so I had already refunded the guy's money by the time I found out it was being forwarded on. It all worked out in the end because when the guy received the lens he resent the payment and we all had a good laugh. I have since double and tripled checked all my shipping labels, especially those being sent to Austria and Australia :)

Anyone have a lot of chips coming and going and mix up labels sending chips to the wrong person?
No. But I've had the same worries before. When I sell chips, it works better for me to pack them at home and then print and apply the shipping labels at work, and drop them off at the post office a block away from my office. The one or two times I've sent multiple packages, I wrote in pencil on the boxes right after I packed them to keep them straight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom