Taxes (1 Viewer)

Jonesey07

Full House
Reaction score
Filed our taxes today.

I'd used TurboTax for the last 5 years at least at $40 a pop but this year I switched over to Credit Karma who was advertising a $0 premium filing with Audit Defense and all that jazz that TurboTax tries to upsell you on everytime you advance to a new screen.

Looks like I'll be getting back a pretty penny. I know it's not smart to give the government an interest free loan, but I'd imagine we would have just blown the extra money if it was on our checks. At least like this, we can move it over to savings and just use a part of it for us.

Filed our taxes today.

I'd used TurboTax for the last 5 years at least at $40 a pop but this year I switched over to Credit Karma who was advertising a $0 premium filing with Audit Defense and all that jazz that TurboTax tries to upsell you on everytime you advance to a new screen.

Looks like I'll be getting back a pretty penny. I know it's not smart to give the government an interest free loan, but I'd imagine we would have just blown the extra money if it was on our checks. At least like this, we can move it over to savings and just use a part of it for us.
How much do you feel you saved switching to credit karma?

I also switched to credit karma for the exact same reason. Still filled out turbotax last year just to make sure I wasn't losing out on more than the TT fee and I was actually getting a bit more. Unless you own a business/rental property/are itemizing/or another half doesn't of more complicated things... I'd suggest credit karma to everyone. Despite their misleading credit checking ads.

So if I have an eBay business on the side you would suggest not going with credit karma?

So if I have an eBay business on the side you would suggest not going with credit karma?
Couldn't say for sure since I haven't had to process anything but the fairly standard items. If its only a question of $40 I'd stick with TT in your case.

I've been using CK for my federal returns for a few years now, and I file my state returns electronically on my state's web site. The savings will cover two tanks of gas this year.

Taxes? These aren't due until the middle of July. Extension gets filed April 15 at 11:58 p.m. (because I don't like to wait until the last minute).

I gotta get mine early. Got some trip coming up at the end of next month that I need money for.. :cool::cool:

I'd be shocked if they process them that early. Around the office we're expecting the last week of feb...similar to last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom