Tangiers Brass Chips - possible to get a shine on them?

mattross1313

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Random question time!
I have a $100 Tangiers chip as my card protector, and soon hope to buy the other denoms to complete the 'set'. I know they don't hold much regard around here, and I would agree if using them in quantity as playing chips :vomit:

My question is do you think the chip would clean / polish up OK with some good metal cleaning products? I'd like to put my $100 chip in an AirTite, but before this I'd love to get a shine on it. Any one done similar before, or should I not bother with the elbow grease? Thanks!

1592915255865.png

chipsncoffee

Two Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you can usually use a water/ammonia mix to remove brass tarnishing. I’d go light on the ammonia though. Maybe use something like a 3:1 water to ammonia ratio.

mattross1313

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, will give that a go. Was thinking maybe a metal polish, maybe Brasso (if you get there over there), but will try something less abrasive first :tup:

mattross1313

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mAgIc eRaSeR?
Worth a try, I'll be buying a pack of these to clean up my Ysabel 1's when they land, so no harm in trying on the Tangier.
I had a go with Autosol earlier, which it pretty abrasive but thought it may be good for a first pass. Only had a quick go on the inlay/face area and it works pretty well :D

RainmanTrail

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brasso works great. I cleaned some of my Grove brass CICs with it and they look awesome!

Before vs after

Before Brasso.jpg
After Brasso.jpg

mattross1313

Straight
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brasso works great. I cleaned some of my Grove brass CICs with it and they look awesome!

They look really great!!

I'll be honest, I spent a few seconds looking at the first picture.....going from left to right....thinking 'well, they look the same, so how good can it be'. Then I scrolled down :banghead: :wow:

LeGold

Flush
Site Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look really great!!

I'll be honest, I spent a few seconds looking at the first picture.....going from left to right....thinking 'well, they look the same, so how good can it be'. Then I scrolled down :banghead: :wow:
Haha, me too!

Top Bottom