[Tampa] Seeking Stake For Live 25/25 PLO (1 Viewer)

Anthony Martino

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Shot in the dark, but I've obviously played with many of you at meetups and a number of you have followed me the past couple of years as I started playing PLO for a living in this thread

Over the past month a 25/25 PLO game has been running consistently at the Tampa Hard Rock. I regularly play the 2/2 with a $5 rock PLO (buyins are $200-1k) and the 5/5 with a $10 rock PLO (buyins are $500-$2500) and PLO cash games have been my only source of income since Sep 2019.

I have been checking out the game and there is typically a couple pros, a few bad regs and the remainder are degenerate gamblers. Buyins are $2500 - uncapped and on the weekends the stack sizes at the table have seen three-four players sitting on 20-30K with the remainder having 7-12K each. The game has been full (8-handed) with a waiting list of 6+ players each time.

I'm looking to be staked for this game, whether it's a one-time deal or something more long-term with makeup involved. If you're interested please shoot me a PM to discuss further

Is this the place? What days does that game run?
6023ED2D-0D3D-40C5-B915-9A0F7A95A3D6.jpeg

I'd recommend taking a shot yourself at the game once or twice to see if you belong in it. Feel it out, and see what's going on there... it would be easier to find a backer(s) if you had already had some experience in the game. For example, I played $10/$20 at Bellagio last month. It was waaaay different than the $5/$10 games anywhere on the strip, and after spending 2 sessions across a day playing it.. I feel comfortable that if staked into the game for a week or longer-term I would be able to secure a respectable and reliable win rate for my backers. If I went into it blind, I would be walking into the unknown with other people's money... and that would make me feel a little uncomfortable and it would be harder to play my best game.

TL;DR hop into the game yourself for a session or two and feel it out... if you think it's lucrative and beatable, come back with the BAP post and you would probably have more interested parties.

Is this the place? What days does that game run?
View attachment 739078

Mondays are generally the day when everyone is at TGT/Luckys for the 1/2/5 with unlimited restraddles. The 25/25 has been running regularly Fridays and Saturdays, some Thursdays and Sundays as well. I've also seen a 10/25 running midweek when I'm not at the Hard Rock, but I've been told that game is private.

I'm in for a small blind.

Don't sell yourself short man, you're in for a BIG blind!

25/25 is a huge jump up from your previous stakes. If I were to invest I’d want to know details of your hourly at 2/2 and at 5/5.

I'd recommend taking a shot yourself at the game once or twice to see if you belong in it. Feel it out, and see what's going on there... it would be easier to find a backer(s) if you had already had some experience in the game. For example, I played $10/$20 at Bellagio last month. It was waaaay different than the $5/$10 games anywhere on the strip, and after spending 2 sessions across a day playing it.. I feel comfortable that if staked into the game for a week or longer-term I would be able to secure a respectable and reliable win rate for my backers. If I went into it blind, I would be walking into the unknown with other people's money... and that would make me feel a little uncomfortable and it would be harder to play my best game.

TL;DR hop into the game yourself for a session or two and feel it out... if you think it's lucrative and beatable, come back with the BAP post and you would probably have more interested parties.

Something I'd be willing to address via PM with interested parties. I have played 5/10 PLO with a $25 rock before, but it was pre-covid and rarely ran.

The cast of characters in these games are all people I've played against in the 2/2/5 and 5/5/10 games.

I'm familiar with what I'm up against and can look at a table and know if it's one I want to sit in or not (I've never shied away from playing a lower stake if I felt the lineup was better and would be more profitable). I have zero interest in playing a game where the only way I'll make a profit is to cooler someone.

Also, answered some PM's and wanted to add that a lot of the deeper-pocketed gamblers who make fundamental PLO mistakes tend to leave the 2/2/5 and 5/5/10 games I'm in as soon as they get a seat in this 25/25 game. So I'd like to follow the money.

Another common question I'm receiving is what I'd be looking to buyin to 25/25 with. Ideally 5K as that is 200 bb which is what I'm accustomed to playing in the other stakes, and I feel it provides plenty of room to maneuver in a pot-limit game.

I've had two interested parties. One won't be able to proceed but the 2nd party is interested if another backer is able to come on board with a similar contribution to the bankroll

DM me if interested!

Update:

I have at least two interested parties so far and a third that I'm waiting to hear back from. Some common questions just to get them out of the way for anyone else:

Right now we're trying to put a bankroll together that would permit me to play the 25/25 PLO on a 5K buyin (200bb). Depending on the size of the bankroll the buyin may need to be adjusted down, and the size of the roll will also determine the daily limit I would be permitted to bring (i.e. don't risk too much of the roll in one session)

There will be times I would also be playing either 5/5/10 or 2/2/5 in this scenario for various reasons:

- The 25/25 isn't running yet
- The 25/25 lineup isn't favorable / The lineup at a different limit looks more favorable
- I'm on the list for 25/25 but don't have a seat yet

In scenarios where I play limits under 25/25 the profit sharing would still apply. There would be an agreement in writing spelling out all the rules and nuances, but essentially the profit sharing would be a 50/50 split with makeup.

Example:

Session 1 - Lose $2,000
Session 2 - Win $5,000

I don't just get to split the 5K profit from session 2, as I'm in "makeup" with the 2K loss from session 1. So in that instance the 2K is paid back and that leaves 3K of profit to be split.

I would be permitted to pay reasonable staff tips (typically $1-5) but any transportation, food or massage expenses would be my own to bear.

I would NOT receive 100% of the bankroll available. Only a portion of the bankroll would be provided to me, the backers would hold onto the majority of it and I would need to reach out to them should I need to reload at some point.

If a backer wishes to end their involvement at a time when I'm in makeup, I would have to return any bankroll funds that are due to them, but their portion of makeup would be forgiven.

If I wish to exit this arrangement and I'm in makeup, I would need to come to an agreement with the backers for a buyout of the makeup due.

Should I not be in makeup typically players are permitted to exit staking arrangements, but I'm open to discussion on something different (i.e. some backers expressed a concern that once I make enough money I would just leave and play on my own), although I'm not exactly sure what would be fair for all parties involved.

I would also have a written agreement spelling out how many hours or sessions I'm expected to play per [week or month], etc.

I think that covers the vast majority of the most common questions. As usual, feel free to DM me if you have interest!

A couple threads/articles about how many buy-ins should your bankroll optimally be.

https://upswingpoker.com/poker-bankroll-management-strategy-2018/

There are a number of sources with info on recommended bankrolls for PLO which I've always seen to be greater than NLHE (typically 20 buyins)

This site recommends 30-50 buyins:

https://www.omahaplanet.com/pot-limit-omaha/strategy/bankroll-management/

That seems to be what I've typically seen in my past research into playing PLO for a living.

And there's a lengthy video by Jnandez discussing variance in PLO where he even talks about going on 50 buyin downswings (although he was playing online 6-max PLO games while I'm playing live full-ring games which are significantly softer)

Update:

In talks with three backers. If they all come onboard and I add my roll it will be sufficient to play these stakes

In other news, 215pm on a Friday game is running!

Screenshot_20210723-142408_BravoLive.jpg

Game running at TGT on Mondays

Screenshot_20210726-175208_PokerAtlas.jpg

Currently have 3 interested parties for this backing deal and would be adding my own roll into it to make it feasible to do 5k buyins in the 10/25 and 25/25 games

excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't you need like 40 to 60k at least to sit down at a 5k buy in?

How else would you ride ou the downswings. Walking away when you take a beat is NOT riding out the downswings.

EDIT: just read the other posts. SO looks like im wayyy off. Pros advice is 30 buys ins and for that to be 3%-5% of your total bankroll. YIKES !!!

excuse my ignorance, but wouldn't you need like 40 to 60k at least to sit down at a 5k buy in?

How else would you ride ou the downswings. Walking away when you take a beat is NOT riding out the downswings.

40-60k is not enough imo for 5k buyins.

Ideally you want 30-50 buyins to be able to handle the variance

Jnandez has a video about PLO variance where he mentions 50 buyin downswings. But he was playing online 6 max games.

Live full-ring is significantly softer fortunately

so $150,000 is a good number and that being 5% of your roll $3,000,000.?

if I had $3,000,000 for a bankroll, that's it. Im done. See you suckers at the penny slots!!!

????

No, I'm saying you need 30-50 buyins in PLO for a given limit to have an acceptable risk of ruin

Were you thinking you needed to sit down each single session with 8-12 buyins?

Generally my approach is 2-3 buyins per session as my limit

????

No, I'm saying you need 30-50 buyins in PLO for a given limit to have an acceptable risk of ruin

Were you thinking you needed to sit down each single session with 10-12 buyins?

Generally my approach is 2-3 buyins per session as my limit

It looked like the Pros (other sites ) advice was 30 buy ins. I assume that meant per session. to ride out the down swing.

I originally thought 10 to 12 buy ins would be good (probably would be for someone sitting down just to play for fun) but pros wanting to make money suggest 30X

Based on that 2-3 buy ins looks very under prepared.

remember I am 100% amateur status here so take all my comments/ questions with that in mind.

if you sat at a 25/25 PLO game with 15k isn't that the equivalent of sitting down at a 1/2 PLO game with $600?

edit: I guess my point is, you have a high chance of busting out in the first orbit. Do you then leave ?

It looked like the Pros (other sites ) advice was 30 buy ins. I assume that meant per session. to ride out the down swing.

I originally thought 10 to 12 buy ins would be good (probably would be for someone sitting down just to play for fun) but pros wanting to make money suggest 30X

Based on that 2-3 buy ins looks very under prepared.

Generally in NLHE a reasonable TOTAL bankroll is 20 buyins or more

PLO is usually 30 or more

I prefer to buyin 200bbs deep.

The 2/2 with $5 rock game is buyins of $200-1k and I buyin for 1k and have two more bullets behind that each session

I don't believe I've ever read any pro recommending 30 buyins "per session"

If I need 30k to play 2/2/5 each day there's a problem

ok this is what I read from your link. I misunderstood. maff is hard.

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 11.02.40 AM.png

remember I am 100% amateur status here so take all my comments/ questions with that in mind.

if you sat at a 25/25 PLO game with 15k isn't that the equivalent of sitting down at a 1/2 PLO game with $600?

edit: I guess my point is, you have a high chance of busting out in the first orbit. Do you then leave ?
I play 25/25 big o and plo all the time. 3 buying/15k per session is not enough.……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom