Taking the leap for first Custom CPC Set. Feedback appreciated! (1 Viewer)

Also when labeling them, you can see the metal flakes if you look really close to the weighted chips. That helps a bunch.

Not at all, that's what a lot of folks do (including myself).

Yup. Sharpie,,, though I didn’t label the obv ones. Black, bright white etc... I did label charcoal but ya can barely see it, lol

There’s a lot that goes into picking the right colors and spots. I spent two years in design phase for my FT cash set...

7986CCAB-7CFC-4429-9FD7-D030E2EE72AF.jpeg
445F67AE-FC29-4671-A1CB-5DCEAEB427F3.jpeg

Yup. Sharpie,,, though I didn’t label the obv ones. Black, bright white etc... I did label charcoal but ya can barely see it, lol

There’s a lot that goes into picking the right colors and spots. I spent two years in design phase for my FT cash set...

View attachment 306524View attachment 306525
Whew, two years lol. I'm pretty sure you ordered a poop ton of chips so that makes sense.

The red line is indeed the point outside of which you can't have text, but the dotted line is the actual expected edge of the inlay. So if you wanted to get a better sense of what your draft inlay will look like on the chip, you would want to run that black background all the way out to the dotted line (leaving the text where it is), to approximate the real spacing between the inlay edge and your text.

Also, for a design like this I think your money would be well-spent to work with a graphic designer. They have more extensive resources and much better expertise than most of us. I like the theme of your set, but I think the font looks a bit cartoonish, and a trained designer may be able to help you select a typeface that preserves the classiness that you're going for. Plus, if you're going with Diamond Square you're working with a 7/8" inlay, which gives a 3/4" circle for text, and your design could get a little busy or hard to read at that size. A designer can help you plan the space and preserve readability.
I did use the template and then I had just cropped the inlay onto the chip to get an idea of what it would look like.

View attachment 306455

The red line is indeed the point outside of which you can't have text, but the dotted line is the actual expected edge of the inlay. So if you wanted to get a better sense of what your draft inlay will look like on the chip, you would want to run that black background all the way out to the dotted line (leaving the text where it is), to approximate the real spacing between the inlay edge and your text.

Also, for a design like this I think your money would be well-spent to work with a graphic designer. They have more extensive resources and much better expertise than most of us. I like the theme of your set, but I think the font looks a bit cartoonish, and a trained designer may be able to help you select a typeface that preserves the classiness that you're going for. Plus, if you're going with Diamond Square you're working with a 7/8" inlay, which gives a 3/4" circle for text, and your design could get a little busy or hard to read at that size. A designer can help you plan the space and preserve readability.
Yeah as stated in the OP I'm 100% working with someone experienced in graphic design before anything even gets remotely finalized lol. My mock ups are just getting ideas down on paper so someone can see them versus me writing them out. I know for myself, I'm a visuals kind of guy so I figure it'll help give someone a better representation of the direction I'd like to take the project! I'm waiting on some of the forum guys to reply. It's a busy time of year for people.

I am too so we'll see!
@Trihonda is right though, it's best to take your time. I just got to a point where mine felt done pretty quickly and because of my theme my options were limited.

As well as being impatient, I'm I tinkerer. If I'd had no limits on colour I'd have probably still been going :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

@Trihonda is right though, it's best to take your time. I just got to a point where mine felt done pretty quickly and because of my theme my options were limited.

As well as being impatient, I'm I tinkerer. If I'd had no limits on colour I'd have probably still been going :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Well the way I look at it is, if I'm happy.. im happy. This isnt being made to impress anyone and all I care is that I get a set I love and have fun using. With that being said im going to put all my efforts into making it look good of course. I've connected with J5 today and given him my inlay ideas, so I'll wait for some magic. I'm not as picky as some when it comes to chip/inlay color so im pretty confident that im going to like whatever I turn out with since I know what my tastes are. I'll also have a ton of time since the mold isnt in the lineup lol. Will have months!

Yeah of course, only your opinion matters in the end, but you just want to be sure you are 100% happy because it's a big cost at the end of the day.

Just keep tinkering, post your changes in the design thread, seek feedback, take some on board, ignore some and end up with something that works for you.

And above all, enjoy the process.

Yeah of course, only your opinion matters in the end, but you just want to be sure you are 100% happy because it's a big cost at the end of the day.

Just keep tinkering, post your changes in the design thread, seek feedback, take some on board, ignore some and end up with something that works for you.

And above all, enjoy the process.
Yeah it's been great so far. Now that the inlay is in the hands of someone competent I can sit back and chill and see what we get for design. Since it could really influence the chips themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom