Table Upgrade (1 Viewer)

How did you remove the rail? I apologize if I missed it but this looks great. I would love to attempt if myself.

Posting some links to chinese gaming suede that I found and posted in another threat about refelting this exact table.

I don't have one of these to refelt, but if I did, I'd be seriously considering either of these. The price is really good ($26-36) and they look really nice + they have a betting line. What I'm not sure about is the quality. Does anyone have any experience with these cloths?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...5dad495&transAbTest=ae803_1&priceBeautifyAB=0

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...4e947ea&transAbTest=ae803_1&priceBeautifyAB=0

Has anyone swapped out the shallow cup holders on this table for some deeper ones? Thinking about giving it a try, the current ones barely cover any of the can and I know it is going to lead to a few beer spills.

Has anyone swapped out the shallow cup holders on this table for some deeper ones? Thinking about giving it a try, the current ones barely cover any of the can and I know it is going to lead to a few beer spills.

I haven't tried, but I want to. Just haven't gotten around to finding holders that fit correctly.

Let us know if you do!

Has anyone played 10-handed on these? I know it will be tight, but is it unbearably-tight?

I have not had a chance to try it. I look at it closer and realized it’s a bigger project than I thought. I can’t just drill out the holes for deeper cup holders I have to add a ring of support underneath for the cup holder to rest on. It is still on my list of things to give a try because the shallow cup holders are the only thing that really bugs me about the table.

I have not had a chance to try it. I look at it closer and realized it’s a bigger project than I thought. I can’t just drill out the holes for deeper cup holders I have to add a ring of support underneath for the cup holder to rest on. It is still on my list of things to give a try because the shallow cup holders are the only thing that really bugs me about the table.
I thought about that as well, but I'm not sure a ring would be required. Make sure to post here if you give it a go...I agree the small cupholders are the only thing I dislike about the table.

Anyone try re-felting the ESPN one with the lights?
419ySn6GreL.jpg

Nice job! I did the same with mine but with the cheaper SSC off amazon. Lining up the suites is definitely the hardest part.
View attachment 155510View attachment 155512View attachment 155511
Did you remove the legs when you did yours? Any tips?

Really liked how those turned out, so decided to take a stab at it myself. Went with burgundy SSC from YAT.View attachment 162490View attachment 162492

Snapped a pic of the padding on the table.View attachment 162489
Did you remove the legs when you did this? Any good tips for me tomorrow?

Did you remove the legs when you did yours? Any tips?

Did you remove the legs when you did this? Any good tips for me tomorrow?
I think you will have to separate the table halves and remove the legs. I can't see any other way about it.

You will need to fold the new cloth over the edge of the table and staple/glue it on the underside. If the legs stayed on I can't see how you could work on the surface. Perhaps it could be done but with the two sets of legs being connected with wires as they are, it would be very difficult to manage.

No I did not.
Interesting - can you explain a little more about your process? I’d like to do this without removing the legs as I feel everything will just be easier overall and am concerned about getting everything lined back up right...

@v1pe - how easy did you find getting he hinges and legs back on after you refelted? Did you do the hinges and legs before or after reattaching the rails?

Thanks both really appreciate the insight

Interesting - can you explain a little more about your process? I’d like to do this without removing the legs as I feel everything will just be easier overall and am concerned about getting everything lined back up right...

@v1pe - how easy did you find getting he hinges and legs back on after you refelted? Did you do the hinges and legs before or after reattaching the rails?

I didn't document the sequence but I remember it something like this.

Flip table upside down
Remove legs
Remove hinge
Unscrew rails
Pry off rails (they are also glued)
Pull off felt
Replace and reassemble in reverse order

One thing that took me a bit was re finding the screw holes for the hinges since the new felt covered them up. I think I used an all/icepick to find them and poke holes in the SSC for the screws. Otherwise everything assembled back together very nicely.

Video record or take a bunch of pictures please @jcooper911 - the more we know and all that!

Has anyone used or played on a table with "dual size" cup holders? Planning on putting in deeper cup holders in my table just trying to figure out which ones are the best.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07861HVP6/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A2WODLD1HH6K3T&psc=1
I used them for my homemade table topper and they're pretty good. They work well for bottles and pint glasses. Certain glasses don't work though, because they are just slightly too big for the smaller bottom portion so they can't sit flat well at all.

I used them for my homemade table topper and they're pretty good. They work well for bottles and pint glasses. Certain glasses don't work though, because they are just slightly too big for the smaller bottom portion so they can't sit flat well at all.
Maybe cut out a wooden puck to fill the bottom hole for those glasses, then line it with felt?

in retrospect would you still have gotten them vs the jumbos? Based on a reply (they weren't a fan of these) in the other table thread I was leaning to just using jumbos and maybe just putting down some kind of grip material like you'd put in your kitchen cabinets to keep glasses from shifting around.

Maybe cut out a wooden puck to fill the bottom hole for those glasses, then line it with felt?
really good idea actually, especially if you put a hole in the middle of them so you could easily pull it back out.

in retrospect would you still have gotten them vs the jumbos? Based on a reply (they weren't a fan of these) in the other table thread I was leaning to just using jumbos and maybe just putting down some kind of grip material like you'd put in your kitchen cabinets to keep glasses from shifting around.
I'm 50/50 on them. I like the idea of the puck in the bottom a lot. That makes the cup holder shallower, but I think the main glasses I've had problems with are shorter cocktail glasses, so the loss of depth wouldn't be an issue with those. I feel like the dual-diameter makes it harder to tip over a beer bottle vs. a simple jumbo cup holder. They hold soda cans well too, and Solo cups fit IIRC. Bigger plastic soda bottles don't work well, but with the puck they would sit flat but stick out higher.

What about using the jumbo cup holders and making a donut ring that fits in the cup holder (being the height of the cup holder and width) while having the hole in the middle wide enough so that bottles would still fit snugly yet deeply? Issue here would be securing the wood donut to the jumbo cup holder so it doesn't come up with the bottle yet lifts out easy after it's no longer needed... maybe putting a small magnet in the bottom of it?

Any thoughts/discussion would be welcomed :D

At one point when I was thinking of buying folding tables, my plan was to (a) remove the felt and whatever padding is under it, then (b) create a full-length insert sized exactly to fit inside the rails.

This would be made by covering a single piece of closed cell foam with felt/ suede/ speedcloth/ whatever, using a spray adhesive. I was going to wrap the cloth carefully to cover the edges, but not continue underneath, so no foam would be visible. The cut of the foam would need to be very precise in order to leave no gaps between it and the rail.

This insert could be loosely rolled and stored between games. (I’ve found that closed cell can sometimes permanently crease if rolled too tightly.)

That way you’d have a folding, portable table — but no centerline when assembled for a game.

Alternately, you could just place the insert directly over the felt the table comes with, but then the rail would become very shallow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom