Table Upgrade (1 Viewer)

v1pe

Full House
Reaction score
Spent the better part of the day today re-upholstering my Barrington table with some SSC from YAT.

Really pleased with the results.

I spent a good amount of time trying to line up the pattern at the fold and I'm quite happy with how close it came out. Turned a rather ugly table into something that looks quite a bit nicer imo!

Before:
IMG_20180217_144026.jpg

After:
IMG_20180219_210640.jpg IMG_20180219_210724.jpg

Awesome! How hard was it to remove the rails? I've considered grabbing a few of these for my annual charity event but didn't know if they could be re-felted. Nice work!

Nicely done. As someone who measures gift box dimensions and wrapping paper pattern pitch to achieve a "seamless" wrap :eek:, I really appreciate how well the cloth matches at the seam. (y) :thumbsup:

Very nice !! (y) :thumbsup: Grabbing one of these and doing a minor overhaul is on my project list for this summer.

$169.00 with free shipping. I'm thinking of getting a couple myself. Love how easy they fold for storage.

https://www.vminnovations.com/Produ...ayers-with-Padded-Rails-and-Cup-Holders.html?

They come up for sale occasionally, I think I got mine for around $130 and recently they were on sale for $99. I should have picked another one up at the $99 price point.

Anyway, to answer your earlier question, removing the legs/rails was fairly easy, just a few screws and a crowbar to pry up the glue. The hardest part was installing the new SSC to make sure it was stretched well and lined up straight. I think it would be quicker if I did it a 2nd time. The rails came out without any damage that could be seen. The foam didn't come up at all with the felt, which was one thing I was worried might happen.

The one thing is that the cupholders are no longer glued down, but I think I'm going to replace them soon with a larger size anyway.

They come up for sale occasionally, I think I got mine for around $130 and recently they were on sale for $99. I should have picked another one up at the $99 price point.

Anyway, to answer your earlier question, removing the legs/rails was fairly easy, just a few screws and a crowbar to pry up the glue. They came out without any damage that could be seen. The foam didn't come up at all with the felt, which was one thing I was worried might happen.

The one thing is that the cupholders are no longer glued down, but I think I'm going to replace them soon with a larger size anyway.
Thanks for the info - I thought $170 was a good deal, but if you can get for cheaper I will hold out. (y) :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info - I thought $170 was a good deal, but if you can get for cheaper I will hold out. (y) :thumbsup:

They are a pretty solid table, I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Walmart seems to be a good place to get them on sale, might want to watch there.

It was a fun project, but I think my next table will be a Chanman ;)

Nice job! What is the factory padding on these? Did you replace it also?

There is a layer of foam adhered to the table surface underneath the stock cloth. I wish I would have taken a picture. I would estimate it was about 1/4" thick, maybe 3/8". Seemed less than 1/2" although I didn't measure it. The foam is cut in an oval shape and ends where the rail begins, so the rail actually attaches directly to the plywood.

I did not remove it, I left it in place since it was already adhered to the surface and I didn't have a replacement.

Spent the better part of the day today re-upholstering my Barrington table with some SSC from YAT.

Really pleased with the results.

I spent a good amount of time trying to line up the pattern at the fold and I'm quite happy with how close it came out. Turned a rather ugly table into something that looks quite a bit nicer imo!

Before:
View attachment 155498

After:
View attachment 155499 View attachment 155500

You lined it up pretty damn good! Awesome job!

FYI I believe these tables are 84” (7 ft) and not the standard 96” (8 ft). So full ring play will be much tighter on these tables.

So how hard is the refelting? I've got a table like this but it for sure could use a better felt.

I've never done anything like it and I didn't feel like it was too tough for this table. Took me the better part of a day, but I took my time.

@T_Chan what would be the cost for just a basic cloth for this table?

If you're just looking for SSC I recommend you order some from YAT (yourautotrim.com). I'm sure Tony could order some but shipping from CA will probably be cost prohibitive. A custom gaming suede design is a different story.

If you're just looking for SSC I recommend you order some from YAT (yourautotrim.com). I'm sure Tony could order some but shipping from CA will probably be cost prohibitive. A custom gaming suede design is a different story.

Ah true. I forget he is up in BC. :(

I've never done anything like it and I didn't feel like it was too tough for this table. Took me the better part of a day, but I took my time.

I had never done anything like it either. I took my time over the course of three evenings and was pleased with the result.

Tips:

1. Use a hair dryer to warm up the glue on cup holders when removing the rails. Much easier to pry them up that way.

2. Setup a work area that will allow you to have both sides of the table in place when lining up the suits. I used 2x4's across a couple sawhorses.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom