Table toppers a good idea? (1 Viewer)

xdukeluvax

Two Pair
Reaction score
Would love some feed back from people if table toppers are always a must ir just for looks?… my buddy insists i should get one incase a drink spills or something but i have a cheap barrington table and i fear a table topper will raise the playing area too high. Would love some thoughts. Thanks

toppers are primarily meant to be used to be able to play on regular dining tables - there is no need to use one on what is already a poker table.

though i would highly recommend doing a felt replacement on the barrington, it's a fairly simple project and makes it 100x better to play on. tons of tips and tricks here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/barrington-poker-table-thread.30910/

I know I'll appear biased bc I'm selling these toppers, but anyone who says a replaced felt on a Barrington is better than a table topper custom sized for the Barrington hasn't used one before :) The table topper does away with the crease in the middle of the table, and you can swap them in and out if you have different chip sets so you can change up the theme of the table week over week. It all depends what you're optimizing for. The table topper also prevents you from having to do any work on the barrington at all.

1654632270223.png

1654632290751.png

Having played on both a re-felted Barrington and my table toppers, I choose table topper any day of the week. I can't wait til my next shipment arrives so I have multiple themes to play on!

I know I'll appear biased bc I'm selling these toppers, but anyone who says a replaced felt on a Barrington is better than a table topper custom sized for the Barrington hasn't used one before :) The table topper does away with the crease in the middle of the table, and you can swap them in and out if you have different chip sets so you can change up the theme of the table week over week. It all depends what you're optimizing for. The table topper also prevents you from having to do any work on the barrington at all.

View attachment 925986
View attachment 925987

Having played on both a re-felted Barrington and my table toppers, I choose table topper any day of the week. I can't wait til my next shipment arrives so I have multiple themes to play on!
Thanks for the info man! How often if ever does the topper fold or crease on accident during play? My only worry is it bubbling up during play and having to flatten it back down

and i fear a table topper will raise the playing area too high
Is that a concern that people would have? Too high for comfort? Or too high so chips could roll over the rail? Or another reason?
I just never considered it. But as far as comfort goes, I wouldn't think it would matter.

Thanks for the info man! How often if ever does the topper fold or crease on accident during play? My only worry is it bubbling up during play and having to flatten it back down
Never. I've had probably 2 dozen games on mine.

Is that a concern that people would have? Too high for comfort? Or too high so chips could roll over the rail? Or another reason?
I just never considered it. But as far as comfort goes, I wouldn't think it would matter.
yeah it's only 4mm thick, so it's not even noticeable IMO

View attachment 925986
View attachment 925987

Biased or not, you are correct. We had both my refelted barrington and @TricycleClub ’s regular barrington with Mario topper in play at the Temecula meetup this weekend. And for me, even though I own the refelted table, it’s not even close. Topper is better.
7EFDC681-99DA-493E-9DF1-8E3D16380556.jpeg
2EAEEAE1-CFEB-4BE8-9179-37BD4C8407D0.jpeg

Any chance you are working on a Batman themed topper? : )

I'd agree that a table topper is a must have for a dining room table and probably a nice to have upgrade for a Barrington.

Yeah like chips falling off the table would be my concern without ever having one because the barringtons already arnt very deep

Hi. Where is the best place to see different top options?

Theres a guy that does a run of them a few times a year. It ended like a month ago and he said he will do another run in the future. Rjdev7 is the guy
Here's the most recent buy to get a sense for existing designs that will continue to be offered: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/orders-closed-fall-22-oval-and-rectangle-table-toppers.93582/

Working on some new ones and also offering a faster option for those that don't mind a thinner table topper (you'll get them in 2-3 weeks vs. 2-3 months)

I'll be posting new threads in the near future so just follow my vendor forum.

Biased or not, you are correct. We had both my refelted barrington and @TricycleClub ’s regular barrington with Mario topper in play at the Temecula meetup this weekend. And for me, even though I own the refelted table, it’s not even close. Topper is better.
I have no doubt a topper is better. But I finally got the chance to play on an og barrington recently, and at no point did I feel like there was anything wrong with the playing surface. It is good enough. Not the best. Not great. Maybe not even impressive. But for sure, good enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom